ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 140
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
New World Order 05:15 AM 04-24-2019
You know, we may have given up a tad too much but I really don't care.

It's about ****ing time we attack and go all in.

We have about 3 years before we really have to rely on the draft to develop talent and maintain cost control. KC has a great chance at winning multiple Super Bowls over the next few seasons and no I'm not over exaggerating.

It's our ****ing time. We've waited long enough

Now we dominate.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:19 AM 04-24-2019
Media slamming us for one reason, Clarks past. Peters, Hill and Hunt turned out to be bad press. Clark hasn't yet but already Teicher is acting like a moron about it.

Only time will tell but I was thinking they would not take a chance and go down this road again. Apparently they didn't feel this was a problem.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 05:20 AM 04-24-2019
The only way we gave up too much is when you consider the salary implications, imo.

However, the Chiefs pay lots of people that are far more in the know to help them handle their cap. If they think the team can afford it, then I will defer to them. We did shed lots of bad contracts this offseason as well.

This is a young, very, very good football player who fills an immediate need. How is this not a bad deal?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:21 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
You know, we may have given up a tad too much but I really don't care.

It's about ****ing time we attack and go all in.

We have about 3 years before we really have to rely on the draft to develop talent and maintain cost control. KC has a great chance at winning multiple Super Bowls over the next few seasons and no I'm not over exaggerating.

It's our ****ing time. We've waited long enough

Now we dominate.
Little early for our time talk. Have you looked at the NE schedule. It's so pathetic and easy we will not get the 1 seed unless a miracle happens.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:23 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
The only way we gave up too much is when you consider the salary implications, imo.

However, the Chiefs pay lots of people that are far more in the know to help them handle their cap. If they think the team can afford it, then I will defer to them. We did shed lots of bad contracts this offseason as well.

This is a young, very, very good football player who fills an immediate need. How is this not a bad deal?
I agree with you

There will come a time when we won't be able to afford a trio of All-Pro caliber defensive talent like we do now with Clark, Jones and Honey Badger.

The time to spend and be aggressive is now.
[Reply]
stumppy 05:25 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
USA Today:
Chiefs got fleeced by the Seahawks

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/gra...ced-the-chiefs

Grades

Chiefs: D-

Kansas City needed pass rush and they got it, which is the only thing keeping this deal from being a total failure. Frank Clark is a young, dominant pass rush who should continue to get better. But with a first-round pick in a draft loaded with pass rushers, the Chiefs could have found a similarly productive player without handing out an eight-figure contract. Or, they could have just re-signed Houston or Ford, saved money and kept their pick.
Seahawks: A
This guys an idiot.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Little early for our time talk. Have you looked at the NE schedule. It's so pathetic and easy we will not get the 1 seed unless a miracle happens.
I don't care.

Our d is improved and we still have a coach and qb capable of hanging 40+ on NE.
[Reply]
Icon 05:46 AM 04-24-2019
I don't hate the trade. We over paid a bit but it sounds like we were competing against a couple of other teams.

What I hate is we spent two #2 draft picks the previous two years on brokedick reaches (KPass and Speaks) trying to fill this position.

Veach needs to start hitting on these high picks or he won't be keeping the GM seat warm for long.

Go Chiefs!
[Reply]
Chiefs Moon 05:50 AM 04-24-2019
Veach is addressing the "mindset" problem on the defense. The defense won't be "soft" next year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:

Cap implications are the only thing that have me even somewhat worried.

In terms of pure draft pick compensation, the Chiefs basically just traded up from 2019 to pick up Frank Clark with their 2020 2nd. And they even got to improve their 3rd round pick in the process. From that perspective, I think it’s just fine.

Just hope the cap plan is one that includes Jones and Hill.
[Reply]
Lzen 05:53 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Yep. Pretty much. I don't get it. I thought a trade for Clark just made too much sense for the Chiefs. We act like pick 29 is some pot of gold until we hate who we select with it.
Damn, meant to thumb up your post but accidently thumb it down
[Reply]
Eleazar 05:54 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
So, essentially, Kansas City gave up a first-round pick and about $12 million in guaranteed money for a player who isn’t any better than either of the TWO players he’s being asked to replace on his own.

But with a first-round pick in a draft loaded with pass rushers, the Chiefs could have found a similarly productive player without handing out an eight-figure contract. Or, they could have just re-signed Houston or Ford, saved money and kept their pick.
This is one of the stupidest things that's ever been put into print.

I hate reading these national publications writing about the Chiefs when the author has obviously not watched much of the Chiefs at all
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 AM 04-24-2019
Anybody that says the Chiefs could’ve just kept Houston or re-signed Ford is a fucking moron that’s opinion can’t be taken seriously.

You want to complain about the compensation? I disagree that it was THAT bad though I admittedly wasn’t thrilled when it broke. The truth is that 1st is a lot more like a 2nd considering that’s the level of talent that will be available, and a likely late 2nd in 2020 has the value of a late 3rd.

So we basically got Clark and a trade up in the 3rd for an early 2 and late 3. If that’s rape, what did the Giants do with OBJ (a trade everybody loved for the Browns)?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:55 AM 04-24-2019

Career Averages

Frank Clark
72.6 Overall
72.7 Pass Rush
66.4 Run D
7.8 Pass Rush Productivity

Dee Ford
63.8 Overall
65.4 Pass Rush
56.5 Run D
7.0 Pass Rush Productivity https://t.co/mDJdhTgcMN

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:00 AM 04-24-2019
If this trade hadn’t happened, our plan probably would have been something like this:

Trade up from 29 to 15-20ish range. Surrender 2nd round pick (possibly this year). No 3rd round swap like they got from Seattle.

Then they’d likely have taken someone like Ferrell, Murphy, etc.... guys we like but we have zero idea if they’ll actually be any good.

So it really just comes down to how much you value having a proven commodity for a higher salary compared to a completely unproven player for a cheaper salary. Because I don’t think the draft pick compensation would have been all that different.

If they had stayed at 29, they’d be rolling the dice big time as it relates to getting a big time contribution in 2019 from a player.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 140
« First < 48889495969798 99100101102108 > Last »
Up