ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 140
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 09:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
And you're a complete homer if you look at the totality of veachs work and want to sell anyone that we consistently get good value out of our negotiations. Again, I like veachs work including the Clark deal. But he's not a great negotiator and you're putting some heavy spin on a lot of underwhelming deals to make it sound otherwise.
Some of this is not fair to Veach.

People shit all over Watkins but forget we had the best offense in the league, the contract is structured perfectly and he was damn good in the playoffs when we needed him.

Hitchens just isn’t fair. He was put in a completely different system than he has ever played in. I really think this season will be the litmus test for him.

Veach has been significantly better with money than Dorsey. His contract structures are better and he’s not paying brokedicks like 30+ year old Tamba Hali enormous money.

He’s committed sins, yes, but I like his aggressive nature. We need that right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:27 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Another plus on Clark is that he's just entering his prime. He could continue to improve.
This. I don’t think he’s had his career year yet.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:28 AM 04-24-2019
Who’s next on Veachs shopping spree?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:28 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Some of this is not fair to Veach.

People shit all over Watkins but forget we had the best offense in the league, the contract is structured perfectly and he was damn good in the playoff when we needed him.

Hitchens just isn’t fair. He was put in a completely different system than he has ever played in. I really think this season will be the litmus year for him.

Veach has been significantly better with money than Dorsey. His contract structures are better and he’s not paying brokedicks like 30+ year old Tamba Hali enormous money.

He’s committed sins, yes, but I like his aggressive nature. We need that right now.
That’s pretty much where I stand. I’m not going to fault the guy for being aggressive while we have a QB on a rookie deal. That’s exactly what we want him to do.

I’ll take his approach over Ballard’s all fucking day.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 09:32 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watch Ford in that first series- he dogged it all the way up the field.
First three rushing plays went straight at Ford.
[Reply]
FAX 09:34 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’ll never understand why people don’t get that just because you think they should’ve gotten more for a guy means they in fact could have.

Trust me, if Veach could’ve gotten more for Peters or Ford, he would have.
No desire to "pile on" here or anything ...

But the Peters stuff is fascinating to me. I must have totally missed the dozens and dozens of teams lining up to engage in the bidding war for Marcus Peters. 'Cause I didn't see one.

That, I believe, is what they call a paucity of demand.

FAX
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:35 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

This mock is unrealistic after I saw Daniel Jones on this
Aside from Jones, the second column of that 'mock' is completely unrealistic.

There's NO way Lock, Sweat, Gary & Font all drop into the second round. One probably, maybe two at most.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:35 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by tmax63:
Reid and Veach have done this off season is what I truly hoped but didn't think they had the balls to do. The defense started getting soft a couple of years ago and they didn't seem to adapt well during games. Last year was a breaking point. It needed "all blowed up" but I was afraid that as close as they came to the Super Bowl they would just try and tinker around the edges. They didn't. Firing Sutton on the Tuesday and flushing Berry, Houston, Ford, Murray, Bailey and bringing in new blood. I'm the most optimistic I've been in 15 years.
Good point this defense did need some attitude and a change. I dont have a problem with the trade. I do think we overpaid and we easily could have just drafted a pass rusher.... But we needed help on the dline badly, I am not sold on Veachs ability to draft and this guy is proven where as a draft pick isnt.

Hope it works out.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s pretty much where I stand. I’m not going to fault the guy for being aggressive while we have a QB on a rookie deal. That’s exactly what we want him to do.

I’ll take his approach over Ballard’s all ****ing day.
The Colts are in a different pay period than the Chiefs though. They've got Luck paid already so they've gotta be a bit more cautious I'd think.

Moreso, I think they weren't really sure what Luck would be with the injury. I'm surprised they didn't get a little more free agenty this offseason, but that's not necessarily a bad thing I guess.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:36 AM 04-24-2019
I was pissed at first, but then I looked more into Frank Clark and hes a fucking beast. The guy hasn't even been a full time starter until last year and still he racked up sacks in the years prior.

Yes he is worth more in picks than Dee Ford, because hes been completely healthy, he has a much better track record of producing, and hes a little over 2 years younger than Ford.

I really like the way Veach is doing his contracts. Yes hes paying a lot but it's not like he is paying aging vets. Hell I'd take Frank Clark and his deal over Khalil Mack and his deal. Frank Clark will be 30 in his last year here and the bears will be paying Mack until he is 33. Mack is making 23.5 million per year and Clark is making 21 million a year.

Clark's stats through the first 4 years of his career:

33 games started, 35 sacks, 8 forced fumbles, 1 int, 72 QBs hits, 35 tackles for loss, 136 tackles

Mack's stats through his first 4 years of his career

64 games started, 40.5 sacks, 9 forced fumbles, 1 int, 84 QBs hits, 68 tackles for loss, 303 tackles

Also I see a lot of people complaining about us not going and getting someone else and waiting so long until we had to overpay for Clark. It seems Veach has certain guys that he wants and it's not like Clark has been available until recently. The Seahawks were supposedly going to pay Clark until Wilson did his thing, so the contract extension for Wilson made Clark available. All these other guys people are saying Veach could have gotten are probably guys he didn't want or Spags didn't want.

So relax guys we just got a guy that's just a small step below Mack, but hes younger and cheaper. We have another guy we will probably sign to an extension that is a small step under A. Donald, but he is also younger and also should be cheaper. It seems we are building up a good defense.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:39 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Colts are in a different pay period than the Chiefs though. They've got Luck paid already so they've gotta be a bit more cautious I'd think.

Moreso, I think they weren't really sure what Luck would be with the injury. I'm surprised they didn't get a little more free agenty this offseason, but that's not necessarily a bad thing I guess.
They have a ton of cap space though. This is the time to capitalize.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:41 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
According to Terez our starting LBs are Wilson/Ragland/Hitchens. LB should be the #1 priority.
Hitchens is going to play, as much as teams are in subs now O'Daniel will play a ton...they do still need another LB.

I wonder if that may be a vet FA after the draft, still a few solid ones out there.
[Reply]
Frosty 09:42 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Aside from Jones, the second column of that 'mock' is completely unrealistic.

There's NO way Lock, Sweat, Gary & Font all drop into the second round. One probably, maybe two at most.
And if Irv Smith is sitting there at the end of the 2nd, I think the Chiefs have to consider it. There is no one after Kelce.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:44 AM 04-24-2019
There are going to be guys that fall, not everyone can go high and it always happens.
[Reply]
FAX 09:45 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Losing Hunt didn't end up hurting us in the end. We still got HFA, and we still couldn't stop the run against the Pats.

Losing Hill would hurt in the short term, but nobody is irreplaceable.
Clearly, you need sensitivity training, Mr. Eleazar.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 112 of 140
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122 > Last »
Up