ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 100 of 140
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
TEX 06:46 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Has anyone mentioned that Frank and Mack have similar numbers over the past 3 years?
Yep. I was surprised to see how close they were.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:47 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Also, the Chiefs are now toeing the line between whether we're going to be a balanced team or an offense powerhouse. We're putting a LOT of faith in Spags to turn this defense around. Because with a trade like this and all the money we've spent on D this offseason, our defense better not be average. It better be really, really good. If Spags turns out to be just an average DC, I'd rather give him a lot of decent players instead of huge investments in a few superstars. This offseason it looks like we'll spend, what, over $65-70M on defense?
Ah so you are into the Jag approach, you should ask Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees how they feel about that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:48 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Why are some of you talking like we’re not going to have any draft picks for the next two years?

We still have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds for the next two drafts.
Because considering we made a home run trade last year and we're preparing for a future where we have TONS of money loaded into superstars, 2 picks is a pretty big deal. We've lost 4 first - third round picks in 2 years. That's a lot.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:49 AM 04-24-2019
You could have signed a slightly inferior player in FA (Flowers) and kept the first and 2020 second while saving money.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:50 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea cause they'll give up more than we did......if you don't like the trade it really has nothing to do with anything other than the money. Or just wanting to draft a guy instead.
You could think it's incredibly foolish of the Chiefs to invest significant draft capital and cap space into Frank Clark considering his prior off the field issues.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:50 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ah so you are into the Jag approach, you should ask Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees how they feel about that.
I don't know. It depends on how good Spags really is. If he turns out to be just average, which his history calls into question... I'd rather surround Mahomes with great offense weapons and use the draft to make our D just good enough.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:52 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
A bolded truth.

Been there. Done that. We've had probably 70% of our defensive cap allocation tied up in two washed-up vets for a couple of years. (I don't know the actual percentage ... that's just a wild guess.) And when those guys are not impacting (or even playing), the drop-off to the second tier was Thelma & Louise highlight level.

That's not how you maintain a consistently winning franchise in my worldview.

But, it's also worth remembering that we've experienced a dramatic overhaul of the defensive coaching staff. That's a change that fosters a sense of encouragement and hope. Sadly, I fear that Sutton confused bag-o-dicks with impending victory.

FAX
They went from paying EB, JH, and DF 54 mil this year to paying TM, FC and Okafor 43 mil. So they shaved 20% off the defensive expenses in 3 players and one could argue they stayed the same or got better at their supposedly 3 best players. And a lot younger.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:53 AM 04-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You could have signed a slightly inferior player in FA (Flowers) and kept the first and 2020 second while saving money.
Trey Flowers....you know he's not nearly as good and makes almost as much money right?

Is 29 really worth that much?
[Reply]
Rausch 06:53 AM 04-24-2019
I think our options were:

1) Trade down.
2) Trade up (more expensive than Clark trade.)
3) Trade for Clark.

I don't think trading down would have gotten us a pass rusher or d lineman as good as Clark.

I think trading up would definitely cost us more than trading for Clark and we don't know if we get a better player or not.

The only reason I don't love this trade is his off the field issues.

We need to play in the super bowl.

If you told me that KC could win a super bowl but it would cost us every single pick in the draft the following year I'd take that deal in a heartbeat...
[Reply]
staylor26 06:53 AM 04-24-2019
:-)
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:54 AM 04-24-2019
This has crossed my mind many times. Flowers + 1st round pick or Clark.

I would love to hear what Veach has to say about it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04-24-2019, 06:54 AM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
Mecca 06:56 AM 04-24-2019
Flowers players the position Okafor is taking...Flowers skillset isn't suited to do what they got Clark to do.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:57 AM 04-24-2019
If Trey Flowers was even close to as good as Clark, the Pats wouldn’t have been ok with letting him walk for a late 3rd round comp pick.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:57 AM 04-24-2019
I don't know. It depends on how good Spags really is. If he turns out to be just average, which his history calls into question... I'd rather surround Mahomes with great offense weapons and use the draft to make our D just good enough.
Someone much smarter than me broke down just how. bad Sutton was against the Pats. An avg DC will be a HUGE improvement.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:57 AM 04-24-2019
A bit of an oversimplification. It's not whether anyone wants Clark and a first round pick. It's that we could have had a first and second round pick + $20m to spend elsewhere (since we seem intent on spending aggressively, which I love). People keep saying our first round pick needs to be a home run. It doesn't. Quality depth is huge especially with how much money we will have sunk into superstars. I think the question most people are asking is, why didn't we instead make a serious run at a guy like Landon Collins where we could have saved the pick? Why does it seem like the Chiefs constantly miss free agents and instead overpay in trades?

I've made peace with the trade because we have a badass mofo now on defense. But a few years from now when we have holes all over the team and no money to spend, that 1 or 2 average players will have come in handy.
Who are you counting on to rush the passer off the edge then? They could have put all their eggs into a rookie they traded up for maybe, sure. But if he flops, your defense is a lot weaker as a whole than it is with Clark.

There is no way they end up not giving up a 2nd round pick by Thursday night IMO either way. They would have traded up and used one just like they did for Clark.

So the dilemma is Clark with a $21M salary and moving up 8 spots in the 3rd round, or a rookie for a few million but they aren’t proven to be a good player yet (and even if they are, they won’t be great in year one probably).
[Reply]
Page 100 of 140
« First < 509096979899100 101102103104110 > Last »
Up