ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 76 of 90
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And Peyton Manning before him.
People nitpicked the shit out of Peyton's physical tools.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:02 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He beat Alabama as a true freshman after being the top HS recruit in the country, that's where his hype came from.
And it was a great accomplishment for a Freshman QB.

But the hype got out of control because of it and it still is.

Hence why calling him the clear #1 overall pick with a very high ceiling is controversial.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:03 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s obvious to anybody that can think for themselves.

This is a perfect example of how groupthink works.
I don’t listen or watch the draft talk surrounding these guys so I don’t get caught up in all of it. I just see a low ceiling/high floor QB prospect with a lot of flaws who had the good fortune of being surrounded by a ridiculous amount of talent for years.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:03 PM 01-01-2021
Yes I’ve already conceded the longevity argument before it was ever made. Keep up.
Great so you acknowledge he is a potential one hit wonder in college who was outplayed by fellow rookie Justin Herbert this season before he got injured.

But you are also the dumbshit who was predicting great things from Adam Gase as HC in New York so your judgement is somewhat questionable.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:03 PM 01-01-2021
I honestly believe Burrow was a better prospect in hindsight.

He only had that “1 year”, but his peak was higher than Lawrence’s.
I dunno. I love burrow as a prospect. But burrow doesn't have the upside on arm strength and athleticism. Lawrence has it. Burrow has an insanely high floor. But with Lawrence he has the high floor (maybe not as high as burrow) but also a lot of the proven experience and intangibles to go way bigger. That's a really rare package coming out of college.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 PM 01-01-2021
But the majority of people weren’t calling Manning the second coming of Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:03 PM 01-01-2021
He'll be a great pick for Jacksonville, he'll bring stability to a team that needs it badly, at worst he'll be a good QB.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:04 PM 01-01-2021
Is Lawrence going to learn how to read a defense like Peyton Manning or something? Is that what we are expecting?

He’s miles away from being able to do that.
[Reply]
srvy 11:05 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think people are getting too caught up with the word generational. The term gets thrown at prospects. These are qbs with elite talent but also a really high certainty of nfl success. Josh allen and mahomes don't have that. They were huge risks. In Trevor you have an incredibly high floor but also a huge ceiling. That's why scouts are doing gaga. It has nothing to do with being the best qb of his generation.
:-)

That's just asinine.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:05 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Great so you acknowledge he is a potential one hit wonder in college who was outplayed by fellow rookie Justin Herbert this season before he got injured.

But you are also the dumbshit who was predicting great things from Adam Gase as HC in New York so your judgement is somewhat questionable.

Never once predicted great things from Adam Gase in NY. I clearly said that I liked him more than McCarthy because of the unknown factor. I never once said I thought he was great or would be a huge success. Nice try though, dumbass!

I also conceded that Burrow could’ve been a “1 hit wonder” and was talking in hindsight since he clearly showed he deserved to go #1 when he was healthy this year on an awful team. It’s obvious that isn’t the case now.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Is Lawrence going to learn how to read a defense like Peyton Manning or something? Is that what we are expecting?

Considering how quickly he got on the field I'm going to assume he's not a moron.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:06 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Being a winner as a college quarterback means completely nothing as it relates to the NFL.

Chase Daniel and Tim Tebow were winners.

Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen were “losers”.
It is just the cherry on the top and yes it means something. It means he has played in the biggest games and didn’t wilt under the pressure.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:06 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Manning threw 28 INT’s as a rookie, he didn’t begin his career expertly knowing how to read NFL defenses, JFC.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:06 PM 01-01-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:

That's just asinine.
He's actually right, poor coaching staffs would have struggled hard with Mahomes and Allen, they both needed work.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:07 PM 01-01-2021
Doesn’t matter.

Like Mahomes, the tape doesn’t lie. Burrow was amazing and Lawrence hasn’t been quite that good yet.

It’s not an insult. Burrow was phenomenal and will be a great QB.
Except the knock on Lawrence is the talent he is surrounded by. Burrow also had one great year on a loaded offense. Not saying Burrow won't be a great NFL QB as I believe he will if they give him offensive line help. Just curious as to the narrative on Lawrence being overhyped.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 90
« First < 26667273747576 7778798086 > Last »
Up