ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1303 of 3903
« First < 30380312031253129312991300130113021303 130413051306130713131353140318032303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:49 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Pickle Rick:
Were you diagnosed with Covid-19?
Was tested on Day 3 of symptoms, test came back negative. Doc is convinced it was a false negative, as is a friend who works for Johns Hopkins.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:52 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Of course. There were at least a dozen assumed that lead up to the one positive in my county. None of them were tested and I really have no idea how the one positive got tested because they never got to a level of serious symptoms.

As a response to the positive test they opened a drive through test with what appeared to have fairly low requirements to meet the testing threshold. Meanwhile they had ~10 people held in hospital who were assumed. Eventually, everyone who was held got tested and now all have been retested. Whatever the hell it is, it apparently isn't the Kung Flu or the tests completely suck donkey balls. All of the above has the community divided between being scared sheep and those ready to move on.

I'm in the camp of "roll out the damn serology tests already". I'd like to know if it is what put me on the floor a few weeks back.
My doc here in STL is part of a group that meets daily to discuss what's going on, he mentioned that they all suspect the tests being given in Missouri are faulty.

FWIW.
[Reply]
ghak99 10:55 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Yeah but the value of my stonks have gone down so health be damned. Die for my portfolio please.
Birth year matters.

I know several people in their 50s who want us to go back to work asap. They feel like their retirement depends on it and without that cushion their glory years will suck ass after suffering through decades of life trying to save every penny for them.

I'm younger than they are and will probably be much better off with regards to retirement fund because of this crash, even though I'm currently bleeding out in the short term view of the real world right now.

It's not hard to see why certain people feel the way they do.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:56 AM 04-10-2020
Hamas, or someone much smarter than me...

I'm trying to figure out how to word this, as this might be a really stupid question.

I tested negative back in March. If I were to do the antibody test, and it came back that I had developed antibodies and could donate plasma - that would mean I did have COVID, correct?
[Reply]
O.city 10:57 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Hamas, or someone much smarter than me...

I'm trying to figure out how to word this, as this might be a really stupid question.

I tested negative back in March. If I were to do the antibody test, and it came back that I had developed antibodies and could donate plasma - that would mean I did have COVID, correct?
If you have antibodies that are specific to the Rona then yeah.

I believe it’s IgG or IgM but don’t really remember which
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:59 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I disagree.

And people pretending this is somehow worse than other calamities are fear mongers.

I get that it's scary, and I think the breathing factor plays big part of that.

But more people are dealing with and dying of worse things every single day, I'm not saying that to downplay the severity, rather to help keep things in perspective.

I watched a good friend who was a complete bad ass wither away in a few weeks. Couldn't keep food down, even struggled with drinking water. Hadn't eaten in two weeks when I saw him. Constant pain from sternum to liver. ZERO energy level .Said a hiccup felt like a firecracker going off. A cough? A grenade. He died 10 days later, two days before my birthday.

It all sucks big time, but life HAS to move forward.
I get what you're saying, but in terms of the fear that's out there, all of the other ways someone might die on any given day hasn't shut down the world before and in general all of those other things are well known.

Everyone knows they could die in a car accident every time they get into a car, but most people are either too young/dumb to care or old enough and have survived long enough to understand the risk is relatively low.

This shit has shut down everything in a matter of 4 weeks and already I would venture to guess a whole helluva lot of people out there know someone who's at least presented with all of the right symptoms and can say it wasn't just the normal flu..... the actual risk may still be relatively low, but it's also a very new and unknown risk.

That said, I do agree in that I don't think there will be lasting fear, for that very reason.... time will go on and if the risk is actually relatively low, people will see that, and it'll also become a known risk like other things.

Condolences.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:59 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If you have antibodies that are specific to the Rona then yeah.

I believe it’s IgG or IgM but don’t really remember which
Hey....he asked for someone SMARTER than him!

:-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:00 AM 04-10-2020
WTF:

https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-cit...tails#stream/0
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
dirk digler 11:02 AM 04-10-2020
My doc here in STL is part of a group that meets daily to discuss what's going on, he mentioned that they all suspect the tests being given in Missouri are faulty.

FWIW.
I am very glad you are getting better. I have relayed this story before but there was a local nurse here that had direct contact with our counties first confirmed COVID19 case and developed severe symptoms a week later and had to be hospitalized up in KC. She has had 3 tests so far and all negative.

Either the tests are shit or the person doing the tests aren't doing it right. my guess is the CDC tests aren't accurate.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 04-10-2020
PCR tests aren't exactly the greatest way to test. It is what it is.

I've read some studies that they aren't thinking the false negative rate is 35%. Pair that with the fact that there's some thought that we have only tested 1% of the infections here and it's kinda crazy to think about.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:06 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:

He makes a good point, O.

I mean, I never would have put a bottle of Pappy's on the line in a death pool.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:07 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am very glad you are getting better. I have relayed this story before but there was a local nurse here that had direct contact with our counties first confirmed COVID19 case and developed severe symptoms a week later and had to be hospitalized up in KC. She has had 3 tests so far and all negative.

Either the tests are shit or the person doing the tests aren't doing it right. my guess is the CDC tests aren't accurate.
Let me guess the testing kits were made in China lol
[Reply]
O.city 11:08 AM 04-10-2020
He makes a good point, O.

I mean, I never would have put a bottle of Pappy's on the line in a death pool.
I regret nothing.

I'm a fan of Pappy's but not a huge one. Plus you could use it more than me at this point
[Reply]
ghak99 11:09 AM 04-10-2020

FWIW.
I joked with an administrator in the local hospital and asked if the test kits at the lab came out of some mud hut in China. He didn't think it was funny, at all. He really needs some sports in his life before he goes insane, but his reaction could easily have been taken as a tell.
[Reply]
Page 1303 of 3903
« First < 30380312031253129312991300130113021303 130413051306130713131353140318032303 > Last »
Up