ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1297 of 3903
« First < 29779711971247128712931294129512961297 129812991300130113071347139717972297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 08:38 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I will ****ing end you Donger.
:-)
[Reply]
limested 08:40 AM 04-10-2020
Well that was rude. Please accept my apology. All this ****ing social distancing is making me a little cranky.
Then stop social distancing. No one is making you do it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:41 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
I think it depends on where you live. Me personally? I’m ****ed. My state is still rising and the ****ing idiots going out and not getting it are the problem. I don’t want to leave my house anymore.
You remember what it was like after 9/11? People are going to be way more scared to resume normal life. Fear, is going to take hold of us and not let go for years. Just like after 9/11.

People may go back to work, but its not going to be in a couple of weeks. A lot of people are still going to be dying, body bags are still being filled up and put in refrigerated trucks.

There is no way to know how our society has changed once we get out of our homes and enter society again. Sports? Concerts? Festivals? Whos going to a game with 20K-30K people anytime soon. I was so disappointed in our reaction as a society after 9/11, the giving into fear. Maybe we learned this time to not give into the fear?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:41 AM 04-10-2020
Yeah, I live in NJ and it’s bad here. And people are getting busted by the cops for having gatherings (40 people and they were adults). And just Monday I’m the first one in shopping at 6am to get bananas and milk and this guy tries leaning over me to get a plastic bag while there’s like 15 plastic bag dispensers with nobody around. I wanted to kill that guy. And I hear the same stories from friends. You can’t fix stupid
What % of customers had masks on?

Last week I saw around 80%
Two weeks ago maybe only 30%

I’ve shot out to Eastern PA a few times and saw nobody wearing masks and gloves while pumping gas or going into the minute mart for cigarettes.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:43 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by limested:
So you say all these businesses are closed and everyone is staying home because they want to?
Oh god, you're one of those guys. Next window please.
[Reply]
limested 08:48 AM 04-10-2020
Oh god, you're one of those guys. Next window please.
Enlighten me on what 'one of those guys' is exactly.
[Reply]
2112 08:50 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
What % of customers had masks on?

Last week I saw around 80%
Two weeks ago maybe only 30%

I’ve shot out to Eastern PA a few times and saw nobody wearing masks and gloves while pumping gas or going into the minute mart for cigarettes.
This past Monday everybody was wearing masks shopping at stop n shop in East brunswick. But they just opened up (it was 6am). But they covered the cc keypads with plastic to make it easier to keep clean.

Where are you?
[Reply]
O.city 08:50 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You remember what it was like after 9/11? People are going to be way more scared to resume normal life. Fear, is going to take hold of us and not let go for years. Just like after 9/11.

People may go back to work, but its not going to be in a couple of weeks. A lot of people are still going to be dying, body bags are still being filled up and put in refrigerated trucks.

There is no way to know how our society has changed once we get out of our homes and enter society again. Sports? Concerts? Festivals? Whos going to a game with 20K-30K people anytime soon. I was so disappointed in our reaction as a society after 9/11, the giving into fear. Maybe we learned this time to not give into the fear?
Most people want to get back to normal life.
[Reply]
neech 08:53 AM 04-10-2020

You're such a positive influence on here.
[Reply]
2112 08:54 AM 04-10-2020

Here’s the thing about 9/11. After that it was very very very difficult to get your license renewed. I actually went there with the state DMV renewal letter to show proof of residence with my passport and old drivers license and it wasn’t good enough in 2005. Now? They are letting illegals get NJ drivers licenses. So I’m not so sure about that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:58 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Also heard the Sg say that "social distancing" will be the new normal after this is all said and done. I have news for him...that ain't gonna happen.

Until a vaccine or therapeutic happens I will definitely social distance and won't attend any large gatherings. Give me a good excuse not to go to inlaw family stuff either :-)
[Reply]
limested 09:00 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Give me a good excuse not to go to inlaw family stuff either :-)
At least there is one positive coming out of all of this! I haven't had to deal with my FIL since this started and it has been so nice. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 09:00 AM 04-10-2020
Here’s the thing about 9/11. After that it was very very very difficult to get your license renewed. I actually went there with the state DMV renewal letter to show proof of residence with my passport and old drivers license and it wasn’t good enough in 2005. Now? They are letting illegals get NJ drivers licenses. So I’m not so sure about that.
You must be thinking you're posting in CPDC. Cause that that's where this kind of shit needs to go.
[Reply]
2112 09:02 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
You must be thinking you're posting in CPDC. Cause that that's where this kind of shit needs to go.
Ok dad
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:05 AM 04-10-2020

The difference is 9/11 had a shock value... the horror of planes crashing into buildings, mass destruction, mass instant death, etc. that this pandemic does not have.

That's why I think the public will get back to normal much sooner than after 9/11.

People are recognizing that COVID-19 is a minor illness for 80%+ of the population.
[Reply]
Page 1297 of 3903
« First < 29779711971247128712931294129512961297 129812991300130113071347139717972297 > Last »
Up