ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1294 of 3903
« First < 29479411941244128412901291129212931294 129512961297129813041344139417942294 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
arrowheadnation 12:53 AM 04-10-2020
"Fauci: We're on track for a more 'normal' summer..."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/fauci...opening-in-may
[Reply]
SPchief 04-10-2020, 01:10 AM
This message has been deleted by SPchief.
2112 04-10-2020, 01:50 AM
This message has been deleted by 2112.
2112 02:03 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
5 months to this day I had my last cigarette. I've quit many times before and I'm certain it's going to stick this time. It just feels different.
It will be 20 years in September for me since I quit. And I smoked from since I was 12 years old until I was 35. I did it cold turkey and you could still smoke in all bars back then so it’s probably easier now. It took two ****ing years for me to get those ****ing things out of my head. You revolve your daily activities around them coffee, food, beers et al.

When I quit Marlboro lights were $4.00 a pack. I was working in NY about 5-6 years ago and a guy I was working asked me to get him a pack of Marlboro “silver”<(Wtf is that?) Anyways $13.00 for a ****ing pack of cigarettes. Holy shit.

FTR I still smoke cigars at football tailgates and in my backyard with a glass of bourbon or scotch when the weather is nice
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:11 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
It will be 20 years in September for me since I quit. And I smoked from since I was 12 years old until I was 35. I did it cold turkey and you could still smoke in all bars back then so it’s probably easier now. It took two ****ing years for me to get those ****ing things out of my head. You revolve your daily activities around them coffee, food, beers et al.

When I quit Marlboro lights were $4.00 a pack. I was working in NY about 5-6 years ago and a guy I was working asked me to get him a pack of Marlboro “silver”<(Wtf is that?) Anyways $13.00 for a ****ing pack of cigarettes. Holy shit.

FTR I still smoke cigars at football tailgates and in my backyard with a glass of bourbon or scotch when the weather is nice
Do you still get the random craving for one?
[Reply]
2112 03:30 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Do you still get the random craving for one?
No, not really. I used to but that was a long time ago.

I got asthma from that shit. So when I was in my pulmonary doctors office 20 years ago I saw a chart he had on the wall of age and lung capacity for a smoker. After 35 years old the scale dropped off the chart and that hit home. So I quit on my 35th birthday. I saw an ann landers article from the American cancer society about the top 100 effects to your body after quitting smoking. So I kept a copy in my work truck, my personal truck lol almost everywhere. And when I did have the craving I would pull out that copy and read it and that made those cravings go away.

Look at it this way. People spend money on their cars and their houses and they don’t take care of their own body’s. I had way too much invested in my retirement to spend it horizontal.

Edit: I gained weight for about two years but my attitude was I’ll deal with that after I get over the smoking. Then I started working out like a demon and the asthma actually went away. I haven’t had breathing problems in 20 years either
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:45 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:

Meant to thumbs up. My bad.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:11 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Welp. I'll try and go cold turkey tomorrow and fail. Wish me luck!
Can I have your camel cash?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:21 AM 04-10-2020
I can see how they'd be confused about being essential

Originally Posted by :
Kansas City Orders Guitar Center Facility To Close After It Defied Stay-At-Home Order
https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-cit...eMlUc#stream/0
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:46 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:

He's got Lucy's poontang power
[Reply]
NewChief 05:47 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Ive wondered when authorities would step in and shut oof the flow of people shopping at WalMart like its county fair time. Whole families dragging through and you know they are high likely to spread the bug

https://www.kctv5.com/news/us_world_...8b4cf71c2.html
Our Wal-Marts have capped number of people in the store at a time. I have yet to go to a store and have to wait for entry, but they do have a "corral" with a greeter there and another person staffing the exit. They keep tabs on number of people in the store and will create a queue if the limit is exceeded. They were also supposedly going to create directional flow guidelines in the aisles, but that hasn't been implemented yet that I've seen.
[Reply]
neech 06:21 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Our Wal-Marts have capped number of people in the store at a time. I have yet to go to a store and have to wait for entry, but they do have a "corral" with a greeter there and another person staffing the exit. They keep tabs on number of people in the store and will create a queue if the limit is exceeded. They were also supposedly going to create directional flow guidelines in the aisles, but that hasn't been implemented yet that I've seen.

They have the corral lines at the one over by me, I didn't think the store was busy enough to where people had to wait in a line to get in though.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:21 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Making rounds on Facebook and Twitter. Independence Costco has some employees that have been tested positive.

@trytostopJane: Independence MO
#Costco
#COV19
#StayAtHome https://twitter.com/trytostopJane/st...475138/photo/1
That's lovely considering I was there last week.
[Reply]
neech 06:29 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Oh hell I was expecting something completely obscure. I do remember buying those for a while, probably when they first came out and they were promoting them but I don't recall them really standing out in any way and moved on to something else eventually.

Anyway, thanks for the info, I'll look around for them pass it on to TLO
You know about all the subliminal drawings on those Camel cigarettes packages right?
[Reply]
petegz28 06:34 AM 04-10-2020
Holy shit...I think this is the first time I have gone to Worldometers and not seen any new deaths out of CA. They usually are one of the first to report some deaths even if it isn't their total. They have reported new cases but no new deaths. I'm gonna roll with that as good news.
[Reply]
neech 06:41 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Tomorrow I will try for a realistic goal of 3 cigarettes.

Yeah, sure.
[Reply]
neech 06:43 AM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Holy shit...I think this is the first time I have gone to Worldometers and not seen any new deaths out of CA. They usually are one of the first to report some deaths even if it isn't their total. They have reported new cases but no new deaths. I'm gonna roll with that as good news.
You think that's a big deal I have one even better...

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ovid-19-deaths
[Reply]
Page 1294 of 3903
« First < 29479411941244128412901291129212931294 129512961297129813041344139417942294 > Last »
Up