Discuss Thrower 07:30 PM 09-21-2017

[Reply]
threebag 07:31 PM 09-21-2017

[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 07:31 PM 09-21-2017
Steroids in the French water?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:33 PM 09-21-2017
American sports are too violent and too masculine for the modern progressive.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:33 PM 09-21-2017
Too busy playing vidja games.
[Reply]
threebag 07:33 PM 09-21-2017
Nice catch on the autocorrect that got ya.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 09-21-2017
The NFL especially just isn't diverse enough. It's not fair!

We need some white cornerbacks, hispanic quarterbacks, female head coaches and transgender GMs if the NFL is going to win the modern progressive audience.

Also, cheerleaders should be done away with entirely. It's an occupation and encourages sexism and misogyny. And it's homophobic. Where are the male cheerleaders for crying out loud?
[Reply]
notorious 07:37 PM 09-21-2017
Pussies.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 07:42 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Too busy playing vidja games.
Looks like this data came from some shit sampling issues, but I wonder if the Great Recession curtailed interest in sporting events.

9-15 years old is prime time for developing hobbies and interests and if your folks couldn't afford tickets or even cable TV, you were probably more likely to find cheaper pastimes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:57 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Looks like this data came from some shit sampling issues, but I wonder if the Great Recession curtailed interest in sporting events.

9-15 years old is prime time for developing hobbies and interests and if your folks couldn't afford tickets or even cable TV, you were probably more likely to find cheaper pastimes.
There was no Sunday Ticket when I was a kid.

I developed my passion reading back issues of SI, collecting football cards and watching the local broadcasts.

*shrug*

Kids today probably too interested in their phones and shit.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:01 PM 09-21-2017
I didn't really watch much sports at that age. That's when you should be busy trying to get laid as much as possible.
[Reply]
nceagle_11 08:35 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There was no Sunday Ticket when I was a kid.

I developed my passion reading back issues of SI, collecting football cards and watching the local broadcasts.

*shrug*

Kids today probably too interested in their phones and shit.
I'd bet your interest was was pushed much more by playing sandlot football in your neighborhood or football at recess in school.

Today, kids spend most of their time in their house or playing with a select friend or two on a "play date" instead of getting out and playing some ball with their friends. A paranoia about how "dangerous" it is for kids to run around the neighborhood alone in today's culture has spread even though it's not true. And kids aren't allowed to play rough in recess anymore, not to mention that my son's "recess" is 15 minutes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:39 PM 09-21-2017
Originally Posted by nceagle_11:
I'd bet your interest was was pushed much more by playing sandlot football in your neighborhood or football at recess in school.
You think being the fat kid who once threw a pick six the only time he got to play QB drove my interest? No, not really.

I think I read every back issue of SI at my jr high cover to cover, though. Good luck getting kids to do THAT today.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:45 PM 09-21-2017
There are plenty of people this age that love sports. It's hard to buy this. Surely less young people are liking sports than before, but all hope is not lost. As people age they usually start to like sports a little more.

I can't imagine a life without sports. What would you do? Play video games all day? What a waste. 20 year olds are stereotyped generally as not enjoying the outdoors, not wanting to be employed or own anything, play video games all day. I guess this study stereotype holds true.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:48 PM 09-21-2017
Seems kind of odd.

You know what else is odd? Grown adult males that don't like sports. Like seriously, what do you do with your free time?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up