ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2594 of 2689
« First < 1594209424942544258425902591259225932594 259525962597259826042644 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:06 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't think it was a designed play. If the corner is squatting you can't ever make that throw. For some reason Mahomes thought it was man with the corner's back turned, which is the only time you'd make that play.

Mahomes got desperate to get anything going on offense. Which is really odd considering we just scored.

Making that throw on first down is criminal negligence as a QB. Hold the ball and try to hit Ross.
He has numerous 1st down INTs this season. I've never had issues with him launching it deep on 3rd down and risking a turnover, but those 1st down INTs are killer.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:06 PM 12-26-2023
I don't think it was a designed play. If the corner is squatting you can't ever make that throw. For some reason Mahomes thought it was man with the corner's back turned, which is the only time you'd make that play.

Mahomes got desperate to get anything going on offense. Which is really odd considering we just scored.

Making that throw on first down is criminal negligence as a QB. Hold the ball and try to hit Ross.
Honestly, the Chiefs had WRs running open all day and Pat wasn't seeing many of them. Could be due to concerns with the line, including bailing on clean pockets, but something is up with Pat.

It gets a bit old reading lazy takes about the WRs when they're getting open just fine.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:11 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Honestly, the Chiefs had WRs running open all day and Pat wasn't seeing many of them. Could be due to concerns with the line, including bailing on clean pockets, but something is up with Pat.

It gets a bit old reading lazy takes about the WRs when they're getting open just fine.
Was the wind really that bad yesterday? If so that explains a lot of that game. The Raiders couldn't complete a pass for 3 quarters either. I know their QB isn't good but I've seen him complete some pretty good passes in other games.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:13 PM 12-26-2023
The coaching staff did not understand the game situation up 7-3.

The play call by Andy in the shadow of the EZ was terrible. Patrick followed suit.

Antonio Pierce understood what the game required. He turtled up into a W.

Andy sucked. Patrick sucked. Butker sucked. Townsend sucked. The OL sucked.

This was as complete a team loss as I can recall in December.

We're not going anywhere.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:15 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:

Kurt Warner talked about this. A lot of times when a WR was running open Mahomes didn't see him bc he had pressure in his face.

The OL was worse than the WR's yesterday. Not a single OL played at even an average level yesterday.

They got their asses kicked
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:15 PM 12-26-2023

The play call by Andy in the shadow of the EZ was terrible. Patrick followed suit.

"Never interrupt your opponent while he is in the middle of making a mistake." - Sun Tzu, maybe.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:16 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kurt Warner talked about this. A lot of times when a WR was running open Mahomes didn't see him bc he had pressure in his face.

The OL was worse than the WR's yesterday. Not a single OL played at even an average level yesterday.

They got their asses kicked
Good call.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:19 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I stand with Patrick Mahomes II.

If you add up the individual jerseys they are divisible by 3
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:28 PM 12-26-2023
This can be true, also. But calling this play and making this throw in that situation is dumb shit.

You KNOW he saw the DB and his leverage. He NEEDED to know their DB is going to come breaking down on it. His leverage should’ve had him coming back and winning the ball. Period

— Jus Kinnon (@GlydeKingdom) December 26, 2023

[Reply]
Chieftain 02:30 PM 12-26-2023
Mahomes played his best football last playoffs when he hurt his foot and was forced to stay in the pocket. His big weakness which he has yet to fix is staying patient in the pocket. He always has the urge to move around after every snap when he doesn't need to. He needs to process the game while staying patient in the pocket, same way Brady did. Again, it's coaching. Andy just lets him be himself and that's not working.
[Reply]
irafreak 02:31 PM 12-26-2023

Yep. Up 7-3 was the time to try to establish the run and lean on your defense. Force the Raiders to press and make a play. Instead you hand them control and have to play catchup.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:38 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Mahomes played his best football last playoffs when he hurt his foot and was forced to stay in the pocket. His big weakness which he has yet to fix is staying patient in the pocket. He always has the urge to move around after every snap when he doesn't need to. He needs to process the game while staying patient in the pocket, same way Brady did. Again, it's coaching. Andy just lets him be himself and that's not working.
The OL did him no favors yesterday. Zero run game and weak protection in the passing game. Usually bad results for any team with that type of performance in the trenches.
[Reply]
-King- 02:44 PM 12-26-2023
This can be true, also. But calling this play and making this throw in that situation is dumb shit.

None of them ever come back for a ball.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:45 PM 12-26-2023
the way this team has played this year, i'm not surprised they sleep walked to start the game

there's very little intensity at the start of games consistently

they had it against NE and then christmas came and they ate too much ham

sometimes i think reid's chill demeanor hurts us - that only works every week when you have a huge talent advantage
[Reply]
lcarus 03:03 PM 12-26-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
None of them ever come back for a ball.
None of them know how to beat man coverage or zone coverage. They're a bunch of bumbling idiots out there. Truly the worst WR corps in the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 2594 of 2689
« First < 1594209424942544258425902591259225932594 259525962597259826042644 > Last »
Up