ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1094 of 2689
« First < 945949941044108410901091109210931094 109510961097109811041144119415942094 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Having a good quarterback is more important than having the loudest stadium.

Gillette isn't that loud yet they win constantly
As if the last 30 years didn't drive that point home...
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...-rising-stars/

Dan Fouts: Philip Rivers for Patrick Mahomes

"Because they are so different, Philip Rivers can teach him pocket presence and accuracy."

What the flying fucking Christ do these morons think Mahomes did last year? Masturbated all day every day until the calendar rolled to Week 17?

"Perfect opportunity for Mahomes to sit and learn..."

OH YOU MEAN LIKE HE ALREADY FUCKING DID?

How about Phllip Rivers sits and learns behind Mahomes? Maybe he'd learn a thing or two about not turning the fucking ball over. You ever fucking think of that, Dan Fouts?
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:27 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Never forget that Holthus said the Chiefs were stupid to take a QB and he would have rolled with Alex and drafted a corner.
Link? I never heard about that. Holthus is always positive about every decision the Chiefs make.
[Reply]
philfree 10:39 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Having a good quarterback is more important than having the loudest stadium.

Gillette isn't that loud yet they win constantly
We have both:-)
[Reply]
rico 10:43 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What the flying ****ing Christ do these morons think Mahomes did last year? Masturbated all day every day until the calendar rolled to Week 17?

"Perfect opportunity for Mahomes to sit and learn..."

OH YOU MEAN LIKE HE ALREADY ****ING DID?

How about Phllip Rivers sits and learns behind Mahomes? Maybe he'd learn a thing or two about not turning the ****ing ball over. You ever ****ing think of that, Dan Fouts?
Fouts....either a hater or an outright trollbag.
[Reply]
rico 10:51 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I don't think you'll overpay for Conley one way or the other.

IMO, AS11 didn't look to Conley much. Throws went to him in certain (mainly clutch, gotta-move-the-sticks) moments because the enemy was doubling down on stopping Kelce and Hill in those situations. Kelce and Hill were AS11's go-to guys and Conley was treated as a kind of safety valve who worked past the sticks (rather than the flat/dump-off dude).

With Mahomes, I think you're already seeing that he can play a bigger role. He's dependable and in sync with #15. Mahomes is also going to find the open guy regardless of his number ... AS11 had his favorites (think safer play). Conley already has 2 TDs and, if I'm not mistaken, that's the same number as Kelce.

Some people are also complaining about his fumble. Granted, that was a bad thing, but also a great hit on the ball by a very good defensive player in Heyward. Nobody mentions Sammy's fumble, though. That one could actually have been a lot worse given the field position ... a lot worse.

FAX
I like him too. I remember being pumped when we drafted him. His highlight reel with Aaron Murray was impressive as hell. Plus, he was the 3rd fastest WR at the combine with a 40’ of 4.35, I believe and STILL holds the Combine vertical record record of 45 inches... Physical ability has obviously always been there.

Always wondered what he could do with a WR-friendly QB. This year could be a breakout year for him.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:52 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/w...-rising-stars/

Dan Fouts: Philip Rivers for Patrick Mahomes

"Because they are so different, Philip Rivers can teach him pocket presence and accuracy."

LMFAO OMG

Originally Posted by :
Trent Green: Ryan Fitzpatrick for Patrick Mahomes

"I'm going with the hottest, youngest quarterback. There's a lot of upside because of his mobility and the way he handles himself in the pocket (and) Ryan Fitzpatrick because he understands his role. If he has to go in there and play, like he is in Tampa Bay, he's going to go in and play well. But he also knows that if he's in a backup role, he's good in the meeting rooms, teaching, studying film, studying game plans."
Those concussions are catching up to the guy.
[Reply]
Best22 10:54 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
LMFAO OMG

Those concussions are catching up to the guy.
I love Trent but that was pretty weird
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:54 PM 09-27-2018
Shitpatrick can teach Mahomes what not to do. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:14 PM 09-27-2018
Just sitting here thinking about his career at Tech and realizing that last week was really the first time we've seen Improvisational Mahomes on display. We still haven't seen Highly Confident Mahomes.

Wait until the league gets that on tape.

FAX
I have been watching all the sports TV shows and segments about the Chiefs and Mahomes, and one thing they never mention is the fact that he was drafted at #10 as a Junior, and his "Senior" season of college was backing up Smith and learning to play QB in the NFL from Andy Reid.

Some of the pundits have touched on how smart he is, but I would love to see a 5 to 10 minute introduction before a game where the focus is on how intelligent PM2 is, instead of talking about his physical gifts.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:17 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I love Conley and think he's a more important cog than most believe.
I hope PM2 gives Conley some chances to show off his 40+ inch vertical.

[Reply]
FAX 11:28 PM 09-27-2018
Such a stupid ass question they threw out there ... good grief.

Ask them this, you dumbass NFL morons, "Who would win a wraslin' contest between Buddha, Krishna, and Meher Baba? Everybody's wearing sandals, OK? Who wants to go first?"

FAX
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:36 PM 09-27-2018
Such a stupid ass question they threw out there ... good grief.

Ask them this, you dumbass NFL morons, "Who would win a wraslin' contest between Buddha, Krishna, and Meher Baba? Everybody's wearing sandals, OK? Who wants to go first?"

FAX
:-)

So true...
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:41 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by hometeam:
It was a strong game, and recently, that's been rare. I have been to some 'all timers' crowd noise games like the MNF chargers rain game, MNF Halloween chargers game, The Broncos home opener where Jamaal fumbled at the end, and both record setter games, and it wasn't up there with those. I'm not sure if arrowhead can even get there anymore. Hope im wrong.
I have attended around 50 games at Arrowhead, including the Hasty pick 6 against the Raiders that resulted in Marty kissing Hasty, and the Vanover punt return TD on MNF, and the Montana vs Young game with DT calling his shot with the safety, and those were all very, very loud.

But the single loudest explosion that I have ever experienced at Arrowhead is the playoff game against the Colts when Dante Hall broke free and it became obvious he was going to return the kick for a TD. I was at about the 45 yard line, 15 rows up behind the Colts' bench, and normally the bottom bowl that close to the field isn't as loud as some other spots, but I could feel the cheer in my chest, and it was impossible to understand what anyone around me was saying.

I believe that PM2 is going to provide so many roars, like that one, over the course of his career and I can't wait.

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:46 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Shitpatrick can teach Mahomes what not to do. :-)
Actually, Fitzpatrick could at least help him understand the importance of not dwelling on bad plays. I have never seen a QB with less shame when it comes to throwing picks, and then coming back the next drive with the confidence of a much better QB, still throwing passes he has no business even attempting. That's why Fitzpatrick can throw 4 TDs in one game, and 4 picks the next game.

[Reply]
Page 1094 of 2689
« First < 945949941044108410901091109210931094 109510961097109811041144119415942094 > Last »
Up