ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 97 of 205
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
BIG_DADDY 09:33 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by the_spatula:
I like how Dakc won't show his face in here as long as the Heat are losing.
How sweet would it be to see the Bulls go to the finals?
SPATCH 09:35 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
How sweet would it be to see the Bulls go to the finals?
dude, you have no idea....
Dylan 09:41 PM 03-14-2012
The New York Post published an exclusive story by Marc Berman that Carmelo Anthony told a "confidant after the Bulls game he wants to be traded unless he has assurances D'Antoni won't be back."

Originally Posted by :
Carmelo tells pal he wants trade, talks with Knicks coach about rift

By MARC BERMAN

Carmelo Anthony’s discontent with the Knicks organization became so severe after Monday night’s loss to the Bulls, he told a confidant he preferred to be traded before Thursday’s NBA deadline, The Post has learned.

According to a person familiar with his thinking, Anthony’s disillusionment stems most from a belief coach Mike D’Antoni and interim GM Glen Grunwald do not trust him. He is surprised that after all the Knicks gave up to trade for him, he has not been asked for more input on personnel decisions, as Deron Williams has with the Nets.

“The organization makes believe his opinions don’t matter,’’ the source said.

However, Tuesday night, a source said Anthony and D’Antoni spoke in an attempt to reconcile their differences and made headway. On Monday night, Anthony only wanted to remain a Knick if he had assurances D’Antoni wouldn’t be back next season.

However, Anthony will not make a formal trade request.

As The Post reported Tuesday, Anthony was told after the Knicks were swept out of the playoffs by the Celtics last April that D’Antoni would not return for this season.

But now Anthony does not believe a decision on D’Antoni’s future is coming soon because D’Antoni and Grunwald, according to the source, are “like a couple.’’

Anthony was unavailable for comment Tuesday as the Knicks did not practice. It is against NBA rules to publicly state a desire to be traded.

According to the source, Grunwald has had just one conversation with Anthony since he became GM. And D’Antoni rarely talks to Anthony after games, especially since Anthony’s return from a groin injury. The Knicks have lost 8 of 10 games since then to fall to 18-24 and out of playoff position.

Anthony is not close to owner James Dolan the way Amar’e Stoudemire is. The source said Anthony gets along best with assistant GM Allan Houston, who eventually could succeed Grunwald.

“He knows Glen doesn’t like him,’’ the source said.

It would seem unlikely — and ill-advised — for the Knicks to pull off a trade for Anthony on such short notice before Thursday’s deadline.

Though Stoudemire lobbied for the Knicks to trade for Anthony, the pair’s friendship has not flourished.

“They’re not as close as people think they are,’’ the source said. “It’s an awkward relationship.’’

Anthony is not jealous of Jeremy Lin’s global fame, according to the source. Lin, the source said, is Anthony’s favorite teammate, and Anthony feels they could be like the Thunder duo of Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.

According to the source, when Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri tried to convince Anthony to stay in Denver last season, he repeatedly told Anthony he never would be able to handle the New York media. But Anthony believes the media has been the least of his problems and wished there was more feedback from his superiors.

Anthony has endured a poor season, shooting just 40 percent from the field while averaging 21.3 points and has not played well recently on defense.

D’Antoni rarely speaks in the same reverential tones about Anthony as he does about Lin, Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler.

When D’Antoni was asked after Monday’s loss to the Bulls if Anthony looked frustrated, D’Antoni replied, “More than normal, you mean? I don’t know. You’ll have to ask him.’’

Anthony appeared agitated on the court during the game and failed to join the huddle after the third quarter, though he said that is not uncommon. Though Anthony has expressed concern about his role in the offense, many play sets contain Anthony post-ups.

Anthony seemed extremely unhappy after the Knicks’ losing streak reached six games in Chicago.

“It [stinks],’’ Anthony said. “The situation we’re in right now [stinks]. Losing basketball games the way we’ve been losing games at the end of the game [stinks]. It’s not a good feeling right now.’’
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...#ixzz1p9PjJXwS
Hammock Parties 09:49 PM 03-14-2012
5 minutes into the 4th, 0 points for Lebron. :-)
Dylan 09:51 PM 03-14-2012
Marc Berman
Dan D'Antoni and Phil Weber also out. Both big cronies of D'Antoni. Kenny Atkinson remains on staff. Woodson will be reevaluated at end of season.
about 6 hours ago

Marc Berman
Dolan at press conference: "Mike went in this morning to talk to Allan and Glen and then they called me in. We had very honest discussion. He felt it was best for the organization if he did not continue as coach of the team. He did offer to say but after a long discussion we did agree it was best to (move on).''
about 6 hours ago

Marc Berman
James Dolan will speak at press conference and just announced statement that he and D'Antoni "mutually agreed'' to part ways after a conversation this morning. Dolan called him a "class act and true professional.''
about 6 hours ago

Marc Berman
As mandated by NBA rules, Carmelo Anthony is not allowed to publicly say he wants a trade. “Let’s nip it in the bud right now. I’m tired of hearing it. It came out this morning. I guess an anonymous source. I’m tired of anonymous sources. I don’t want to be traded. I don’t know where that foolishness came from." #Knicks
a day ago

Marc Berman
Carmelo Anthony said it "sucks right now'' about three times in the locker room and Amar'e Stoudemire said too much joking around going on. "It sucks right now,'' Melo said. "It’s hard to stay upbeat the way we’re losing. Right now times are tough. I’m not going to get through it myself. It’s late in the season. Our backs are against the wall.’’
a day ago

Marc Berman
Good job by Amar'e Stoudemire after game, saying "the joking around has to stop''. The Post has pointed out during the 0-4 road trip that the locker room seemed too happy after losses. Stoudemire revisited his calling out players on pregame preparation. Stoudemire also voiced his concerns in Houston after the Rockets loss, saying players aren't looking at the greaseboard. It's been too loose. #Knicks
a day ago

"Donnie Walsh is somewhere in Indiana with a glass of cogniac and he’s either shaking his head in sadness or chuckling as he watches this unfold."

:-)
SPATCH 09:59 PM 03-14-2012
John Lucas III is going HAM.
TEX 10:00 PM 03-14-2012
I can't remember the last time I watched an NBA game...
BIG_DADDY 10:01 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by TEX:
I can't remember the last time I watched an NBA game...
It was a Spurs game, I remember
KC_Connection 10:08 PM 03-14-2012
Does Chris Bosh know out to box out?

Yet another pussy performance from him in a long line of them.
Spott 10:10 PM 03-14-2012
If they hold on, this will be a huge win for Chicago.
BIG_DADDY 10:10 PM 03-14-2012
This Bulls team is a lot of fun to watch
SPATCH 10:13 PM 03-14-2012
classy fucking team. quality fucking win.
ChiefsCountry 10:13 PM 03-14-2012
Bulls just got a major break. That went off Korver.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hammock Parties 10:16 PM 03-14-2012
LEBRON, Y U NO SHOW UP IN 4TH?
SPATCH 10:17 PM 03-14-2012
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Bulls just got a major break. That went off Korver.
Posted via Mobile Device
maybe you missed the anal rape that immediately preceded the inbound...
Page 97 of 205
« First < 47879394959697 9899100101107147197 > Last »
Up