ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 205
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
KC_Connection 10:03 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
KCP, one of LeGMs pet signings, played 29 minutes last night and managed a grand total of 1 point, 1 rebound, and 1 assist.

:-):-):-)

Just LeGM things.
Still don't have a problem with McGee for what he is but KCP is complete trash and everyone knew it before signing him. The fact that this scrub is being relied upon for 30+ minutes on that team says it all.
KC_Connection 10:04 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
If anyone can will a team to the Finals it is Dame.
Perhaps, but his teammates are little better than those last few LeBron Cavs teams. It's hard to see it happening.
KC_Connection 10:06 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

A countersuit filed by Toronto Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri includes new video footage that shows the San Francisco Bay Area police officer with whom he had an altercation in the moments after the Raptors won Game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals was the aggressor.

The suit was filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Oakland, California.

The footage shows the officer -- Alan Strickland -- grabbed Ujiri by the suit jacket and shoved him, telling him to "back the f--- up" as Ujiri was attempting to show his team credential. Ujiri was trying to reach the Oracle Arena floor to celebrate with the Raptors in the wake of Toronto winning the first NBA championship in franchise history against the Golden State Warriors.

The two then exchanged words, and Ujiri held out his credential again. Strickland shoved Ujiri a second time, and Ujiri shoved Strickland back.

After the two men were separated, Ujiri eventually was able to make it onto the court to celebrate with the rest of the Raptors.

"After being shoved and cursed at, Mr. Ujiri did not respond aggressively towards Mr. Strickland," the suit says. "Instead, he calmly asked Mr. Strickland why he had pushed him, informed Mr. Strickland he was the Raptors' President, and held up his all-access arena credential to show it to Mr. Strickland. Rather than trying to communicate with Mr. Ujiri, Mr. Strickland chose to dismiss Mr. Ujiri's claim that he was the Raptors' President and ignore the all-access credential Mr. Ujiri was trying to show him. Mr. Strickland then forcefully shoved Mr. Ujiri a second time.

"Only after being unjustifiably told to 'back the f--- up' and shoved twice did Mr. Ujiri show any response and return a shove to Mr. Strickland's chest. Mr. Ujiri's defensive response was a reasonable and justified reaction to Mr. Strickland's use of unnecessary and excessive force."

Strickland's suit, which was filed in February, alleged that Ujiri assaulted him in the moments after Toronto's victory and that as a result of the incident, he "suffered injury to his body, health, strength, activity and person, all of which have caused and continue to cause Plaintiff great mental, emotional, psychological, physical, and nervous pain and suffering."

That cop is a fucking putz. Hopefully Masai buries that worthless sack of shit.
Masai brought a countersuit against him too. Hopefully it isn't just a tactic to get the guy to drop his ridiculous civil suit and they actually take it all the way to court where they can take him for everything he's worth. The cop was just upset about his precious Warriors losing and decided to take it out on the first person he could. He deserves to be buried.
BWillie 10:11 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You’re wasting your time thinking they’re going to lose a series to a trash team like Portland. At least wait for Houston.
Oh, it can happen. If there is a year for upsets, it's this one. Home court advantage is greatly mitigated and when Dame-Time is drilling deep threes they are hard to stop.

Guys like Trae Young, Harden and Lillard. Defense doesn't really even matter, either. If they are making circus shots. You aren't going to win.
KC_Connection 10:15 AM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh, it can happen. If there is a year for upsets, it's this one. Home court advantage is greatly mitigated and when Dame-Time is drilling deep threes they are hard to stop.

Guys like Trae Young, Harden and Lillard. Defense doesn't really even matter, either. If they are making circus shots. You aren't going to win.
If you can't stop him straight up, just trap him at half court and force the others to win. Chances are they won't make the shots when it counts.

The Lakers can't possibly miss as many open shots as they did yesterday again either.
Pitt Gorilla 11:37 AM 08-19-2020
Masai brought a countersuit against him too. Hopefully it isn't just a tactic to get the guy to drop his ridiculous civil suit and they actually take it all the way to court where they can take him for everything he's worth. The cop was just upset about his precious Warriors losing and decided to take it out on the first person he could. He deserves to be buried.
Agreed. Cop sounds like a complete POS.
lcarus 11:41 AM 08-19-2020
If you can't stop him straight up, just trap him at half court and force the others to win. Chances are they won't make the shots when it counts.

The Lakers can't possibly miss as many open shots as they did yesterday again either.
I don't know. McCollum, Carmelo, Nurkic, Trent Jr. They've been making shots lately. Portland's a good team and they've been playing well in the bubble. This is a tough series for Lebron. But I think the Lakers will still pull it out.
Hydrae 01:12 PM 08-19-2020
Perhaps, but his teammates are little better than those last few LeBron Cavs teams. It's hard to see it happening.
There are certainly some decent pieces around him but no, as much as I would love to see it (Blazer fan since the 70's) I am not expecting to get out of this round.
KC_Connection 02:31 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Agreed. Cop sounds like a complete POS.

#UPDATE - Alameda County Sheriff's office tells @CP24 "We 100% stand by original statement that was released that Mr. Ujiri is the aggressor in this incident...don't be quick to judge based off of what lawyers are saying." @Raptors #Toronto

— Stephanie Smyth (@stephaniesmyth) August 19, 2020

His idiot cop buddies are still backing him even after having the video exposed. I'd sue them for defamation too.
KC_Connection 02:32 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
There are certainly some decent pieces around him but no, as much as I would love to see it (Blazer fan since the 70's) I am not expecting to get out of this round.
Dame needs a running partner better than McCollum and a much better defense. The defense part should at least be doable, but they don't have a roster built for that right now.
Hammock Parties 02:51 PM 08-19-2020

ThaVirus 03:04 PM 08-19-2020
The constant Lebron hate is actually just as pathetic as KCC's fellating.
staylor26 03:06 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I only do it in response to him to troll him, so :-)
Sorry 03:35 PM 08-19-2020
I’m a lakers fan since birth and I can’t blame bron, I’d like to se him penetrate earlier on getting the ball than accepting the double team. Kcp is the definition of streaky but he’s def. consistently subpar. Green has honestly been trash since Toronto and would’ve much rather have picked up Seth green or brogdan
sedated 04:06 PM 08-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The entire thread being centered around LeBron arguments has made it pretty much unbearable.
Page 157 of 205
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167 > Last »
Up