ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 63
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:38 PM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Whoa . James Mangold (Logan director) is gonna direct a Boba Fett film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...direct-1113273
Somewhere... Clay is blowing his wad to this.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:02 PM 05-25-2018
Grown ass men watching a kids movie. Fucking hilarious.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:40 PM 05-25-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:

[Reply]
kcxiv 08:04 PM 05-25-2018
Grown ass men watching a kids movie. ****ing hilarious.
Well, this grown ass man, says, fuck you! Ill watch what i want to watch, and there is not a fucking thing you can do> guess what? I play fucking video games as well. NOw where do we go from here? thats right, nowhere!
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:05 PM 05-25-2018
Saw it tonight, it was good.

Why are the best Star Wars films turning out to be the "A Star Wars Story" ones?
[Reply]
sully1983 10:09 PM 05-25-2018
Plan on seeing this tomorrow
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:53 PM 05-25-2018
I'll be honest - I was NOT expecting that. I absolutely loved it - best I've seen from the franchise in a long LONG time. I had followed none of this thread, prior.

Great surprise - Made my weekend!
[Reply]
KC_Lee 07:05 AM 05-26-2018
Saw it last night, enjoyed it. Donald Glover was awesome as a young Lando.

And it's looks like they are setting up...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 08:10 AM 05-26-2018
Surprisingly getting savaged by fans on RT. 56% liked it.

I'll still go see it at some point this weekend.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:27 AM 05-26-2018
It didn't blow me away, it was very Ron Howard on terms of being low key and predictable, but I enjoyed it. Solid movie I think.

Time for Deadpool 2 now.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:50 AM 05-26-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Surprisingly getting savaged by fans on RT. 56% liked it.

I'll still go see it at some point this weekend.
Rotten Tomatoes is bullshit.

Edit: Even that audience score.
[Reply]
SAUTO 01:04 PM 05-26-2018
Good to hear you won't be crying about this
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 PM 05-26-2018
Well shit, that was great. Must not have had enough 'splosions! for the RT crowd, but I loved it. Liked the twists at the end that I didn't see coming because I kept waiting for twists that didn't come, so I guess they outfoxed me.

Didn't like it quite as much as Rogue One, but it was definitely more fun.

And like Rogue One, it was vastly superior to the last two numbered episodes.
[Reply]
sully1983 02:08 PM 05-26-2018
My expectations were quite low for this (mainly because of all the chaos and bs that went on behind the scenes) but damn, it was entertaining as hell! The dude that played Han Solo did a good enough job for me to root for him and I liked how Han & Chewie first met . Overall, very entertaining film that I would recommend seeing in theaters .

I'm not even a SW fan so even the casual movie goer will probably enjoy this.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:20 PM 05-26-2018
Going to the 7:30 IMAX showing. I was somewhat interested in this (it IS a Star Wars movie, after all), but in the last 72 hours or so, my anticipation has skyrocketed from the people I've heard from that have seen it.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 63
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up