ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Media Center>The Blacklist
Mojo Jojo 05:59 PM 09-22-2013
The one new show I have been looking forward to. Premieres tomorrow night. Anyone else planning to watch/follow?
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:05 PM 10-03-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Really liked the season premiere.
Me too! I really just wanted to keep watching, but have to wait until next week. =(
[Reply]
Mennonite 05:53 PM 10-19-2015
New to the series. I've only watched the first season so far. It's not bad, but there are a few things that i don't like.

1) I think they overdo the "Red is a badass!" scenes. There are just way too many of them.

2) The characters, outside of Red, are fairly forgettable. Most of them seem to only exist to serve the plot.

3) The score is overly intrusive. The songs just seem to "on the nose" particularly in the (seemingly obligatory) closing montage of every episode.

4) It sounds silly, but there are too damn many secrets. I know the show is built around major secrets that are only hinted at, but does every episode need a half dozen mini secrets sprinkled into the plot? It's just overused to the point of ridiculousness.

Criticisms aside, I'm still enjoying it.

Favorite parts so far:

Tom Noonan, Bob Ross, "The Suspense is killing me."
[Reply]
Silock 01:33 AM 10-21-2015
It's okay. Not as good as the first season.
[Reply]
007 05:42 AM 10-21-2015
I pretty much dropped this show from my watch list. Too much of the same thing every week.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:21 AM 10-21-2015
I've liked this season a lot so far. The role reversal has been refreshing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:57 PM 10-27-2015
I still like watching Spader.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:17 PM 11-20-2015
That fall finale was cringe-worthy. So bad.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:32 PM 04-16-2016
BUMP!
DUDE!
WHAT!?

anyone still watching???

that last episode....like....NUH FUCKING UH!!!!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:11 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
BUMP!
DUDE!
WHAT!?

anyone still watching???

that last episode....like....NUH FUCKING UH!!!!
Liz croaked
[Reply]
Molitoth 04:42 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Liz croaked
One could only hope. Her character is terrible at this point.

If I have to watch 1 more episode of her bitching to Spader after he has saved her life numerous times....
[Reply]
JD10367 05:06 PM 04-16-2016
How can she not know by now that she's his daughter? Next to Lois Lane not knowing Clark Kent is Superman, it's the stupidest most obvious thing.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:26 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
One could only hope. Her character is terrible at this point.

If I have to watch 1 more episode of her bitching to Spader after he has saved her life numerous times....
This. I love this show, but hate her character. I'm ready to watch Reddington go on a killing spree. 3 episodes left in the season. Time to start the hunt, cliffhanger, and start the rampage in season 4.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:01 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Liz croaked
Maybe......conspiracy theory........they gave her the drug that slows down her heart rate to where it looks like she died. The old lady went in and talk to her alone. The old lady told her of the plan for her to disappear. She already told Raymond she would not be safe around him. Maybe did this on her own?

Although I am tired of the BS of her whining about Redmond.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:28 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Maybe......conspiracy theory........they gave her the drug that slows down her heart rate to where it looks like she died. The old lady went in and talk to her alone. The old lady told her of the plan for her to disappear. She already told Raymond she would not be safe around him. Maybe did this on her own?

Although I am tired of the BS of her whining about Redmond.
Was kind of thinking the same thing when watching. I truly hope not.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:35 PM 04-16-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Was kind of thinking the same thing when watching. I truly hope not.
They are spinning off Tom into his own series with Solomon as his main antagonist. Starts next year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Thursday’s episode, Ryan Eggold’s Tom was horrified to learn that Liz (aka his almost-bride, played by Megan Boone) died following the birth of their daughter. The tragedy leaves Tom a widower and a single father. It also intensifies the rivalry between him and Edi Gathegi’s Mr. Solomon, the baddie indirectly responsible for Liz’s death and — not so coincidentally — the primary antagonist in the aforementioned spinoff.

Meanwhile, the apparent death of Boone’s Liz comes as the actress herself prepares to give birth to her first child, likely leading viewers to wonder whether the character’s demise is merely a ruse to accommodate her real-life maternity leave. This wouldn’t be the first time James Spader’s Red faked her death as a protective measure (see: this season’s fifth episode, “Arioch Cain.”)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up