ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 704 of 2688
« First < 204604654694700701702703704 70570670770871475480412041704 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:05 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
You will always get negative comments and pump the break comments whenever a player has not shown consistently great play, let alone one regular season game.

I don't think it is unreasonable to say that the hype is too strong right now on Mahomes.
The "hype" on Mahomes is three fold imo.

1. That he is smart and a great kid. This is not inflated hype- coaches, players and even Smith have talked about his work ethic and how fast he has picked up the offense. Mahomes charity work speaks for itself.

2. Athletic ability. His small sample size of game film- shows this is not hype at all. He is quick and elusive and has an amazing pocket presence.

3. The biggest so-called "hype" is because he has made throws that no Chiefs fans have ever seen being made by a QB wearing red. Three amazing throws just in the Donks game where he led the team to a 4th quarter win on the road.

Yes, we should temper our expectations because he still has a learning curve ahead- but how could fans Not be excited? He is an extremely talented player that has a lot of great coaching and talent around him. I am not ready to pump the brakes- I am stomping on the gas!! :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 02:22 PM 04-05-2018
Also, one of the reasons we are so jacked up is that the guys who are supposed to give us PC, general, non-biased and boring quotes (HC, GM) are literally gushing over Mahomes every chance they get.

Veach: "Mahomes is one of the best players I have ever seen."

Reid: "Woah, Okay, that's something special."
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 02:25 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Also, one of the reasons we are so jacked up is that the guys who are supposed to give us PC, general, non-biased and boring quotes (HC, GM) are literally gushing over Mahomes every chance they get.

Good point! Usually they like to under promise and over deliver. But, it’s almost like they can’t help themselves. It’s all so exciting!!!
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:36 PM 04-05-2018

Great point!

I have been surprised when Andy has gushed about Mahomes- since Andy is always so Vanilla about everything he says.
[Reply]
Priest31kc 03:51 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Great point!

I have been surprised when Andy has gushed about Mahomes- since Andy is always so Vanilla about everything he says.
Yep. He's gotta be pretty damn confident that Pat can handle the pressure & pretty high expectations for a 1st year starter.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:53 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They can see it, it’s just the fear of missing out on elite QB talent.

Fans of other teams don’t want to look back and say, ‘why the hell didn’t we take Mahomes?’ Etc..
Ehhhh ... some of them probably fall into this category. But I do think there are a lot of fucktards that have no idea what they are watching and just say shit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:55 PM 04-05-2018
Most NFL fans have no idea how to evaluate talent. Look at this board for instance
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:00 PM 04-05-2018

This is what gets me jacked.

GM’s & HC’s don’t gush over players like this.

They usually have the standard answers...

“He’s got work to do”
“Let’s see how he does in training camp”
“He’s young so he needs time”

They know what they have.
[Reply]
In58men 04:26 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Most NFL fans have no idea how to evaluate talent. Look at this board for instance
We crazy over Bobby Engram and Amani Toomer :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:39 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
It doesn’t help that the talking heads like Golic and Wingo just keep being “amazed” that we shipped off Alex, after his best season, to start Mahomes. It just feeds the idiots who want to think that Alex was a top tier QB and is good enough to win a Super Bowl. Anyone with half a football brain, that watched the Chiefs week in and week out, knows better. Seriously, if you can’t see that in the preseason and one regular season game, Mahomes was making throws that only a handful of QBs in history could make, I don’t know what to tell you.
It's funny. I don't live in the KC area at all and people ask me, "How are the Chiefs gonna be next year?" I tell them their offense will be if not top-3 this coming season at least that in two years. Then they ask me about Sammy Watkins and press, "Yeah, but who's gonna throw him the ball?" I say, "Uhh, Mahomes," and they shake their head.

I was thrilled yet skeptical of Mahomes when we drafted him just because there are so many hyped kids who have college stats that don't translate in the NFL. But he has literally checked every box we could've hoped for. Chiefs fans may have unrealistic expectations for his performance, but that's more of a function of who he is, what he can do, and what he's done than just some amateurish unbridled optimism.

I think Chiefs fans are successfully balancing their perpetual negativity with a talented QB and the result is something very objective. Something we haven't seen in analysis of a KC QB in forever.

It's gonna be so much fun.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:41 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I agree, don't shoot the messenger
:-)

We're good!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:23 PM 04-05-2018
The conundrum for me, . . . I mean clearly we will charitably accept forfeiture from any non-conference opponent.

But when it comes to the AFC-W, do we allow them to throw in the towel ahead of time, or do we subject them to the embarrassment of actually facing Mahomes as part of a long-term strategy? I mean, at some point Mahomes will be entering his late 50s and his skills might start to wane, and glorious victory returns to something slightly less than metaphysical certainty.

Do we demand that AFC-W opponents suffer each and every humiliating defeat on the schedule for the next 25-30 years as an enduring object lesson, or do we offer mercy at some point and allow them to enter the pool of forfeitures?
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:31 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

What the hell is wrong with NFL dot com? I can't get those videos to play on Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
[Reply]
rico 05:40 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's funny. I don't live in the KC area at all and people ask me, "How are the Chiefs gonna be next year?" I tell them their offense will be if not top-3 this coming season at least that in two years. Then they ask me about Sammy Watkins and press, "Yeah, but who's gonna throw him the ball?" I say, "Uhh, Mahomes," and they shake their head.

I was thrilled yet skeptical of Mahomes when we drafted him just because there are so many hyped kids who have college stats that don't translate in the NFL. But he has literally checked every box we could've hoped for. Chiefs fans may have unrealistic expectations for his performance, but that's more of a function of who he is, what he can do, and what he's done than just some amateurish unbridled optimism.

I think Chiefs fans are successfully balancing their perpetual negativity with a talented QB and the result is something very objective. Something we haven't seen in analysis of a KC QB in forever.

It's gonna be so much fun.
Wow...this post. It’s outstanding.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:42 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The conundrum for me, . . . I mean clearly we will charitably accept forfeiture from any non-conference opponent.

But when it comes to the AFC-W, do we allow them to throw in the towel ahead of time, or do we subject them to the embarrassment of actually facing Mahomes as part of a long-term strategy? I mean, at some point Mahomes will be entering his late 50s and his skills might start to wane, and glorious victory returns to something slightly less than metaphysical certainty.

Do we demand that AFC-W opponents suffer each and every humiliating defeat on the schedule for the next 25-30 years as an enduring object lesson, or do we offer mercy at some point and allow them to enter the pool of forfeitures?
You really need to find a sharp stick and trip somewhere in it's vicinity.
[Reply]
Page 704 of 2688
« First < 204604654694700701702703704 70570670770871475480412041704 > Last »
Up