ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 223 of 2688
« First < 123173213219220221222223 2242252262272332733237231223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:00 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Alex played scared last year, Dane.

He played scared to run and didn't pull the trigger when we needed him to the most.

It got far worse after the multiple concussion game.

I've been hoping Alex would find his balls since he got here and he gave us a taste of what he can be in the second half of 2013, the Indy playoff game and most of 2015.

Unfortunately, he regressed last year and "took it personally" (his own words) that the team cut Maclin.

I think his regression continues into 2017 because he keeps worrying about concussions and therefore stopped being an elusive runner and even told the media he thinks about taking hits and contemplated retirement.

It's a shame, too.

If the guy just makes either throw to Hill against Pittsburg, his story in KC plays out differently.
Well, he'll either play it one of two ways this year. Balls out to save his job or balls in to concede it.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:10 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He's a Franchise QB because he's led winning teams for the past six seasons, led his team to the NFC Championship in 2011, helped the 49ers to the Super Bowl in 2012 (6-2 record) and led the Chiefs to the playoffs three out of four seasons and their first playoff win in more than 20 years.

He's a Franchise QB, period.
JFC you are a fat dumbshit.

Alex Smith hasn't "led" anything.

His primary role has been to not turn the ball over and stay out of the way of the strong defenses/running games that have led to his teams' successes.

That is the classic definition of a game manager QB... not a "franchise QB".

Do you think that Trent Dilfer "led" the 2001 Ravens to their Super Bowl winning season?

Do you think that Jim McMahon "led" the 1986 Bears to their Super Bowl winning season?

You continue to humiliate yourself with your "Alex Smith is a franchise QB" narrative.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:11 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Well, he'll either play it one of two ways this year. Balls out to save his job or balls in to concede it.
He will play both ways. He will play good when he doesn't have to and then play bad when we need him to preform or after a pass rusher gives him a cross look.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:15 PM 06-16-2017
Well, Dorsey, Reid and the rest of the NFL disagrees with you
Would that be the same Dorsey and Reid who moved heaven and earth to select a legitimate QB prospect to replace Smith's daisy ass?

And shit, if I was "the rest of the NFL", I'd love that cock sucker too.

"Who we got in the playoff game"?
"Smith"????
"Awwww hell yes"!
-the rest of the NFL
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:18 PM 06-16-2017
It's silly to think that's not a realistic goal for the 2017 Chiefs.
Wild card loss. The team only got worse this offseason. At best they are the fourth or fifth best team in the AFC.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:20 PM 06-16-2017
So, please list the veteran Franchise QB's in the NFL, outside of clear Hall of Famers (Brady, Manning, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Brees) and their accomplishments, while explaining why Alex Smith doesn't belong in the group.

Thanks in advance.
Russell Wilson-2 SB's, 1 ring, playoffs every year
Matt Ryan-league MVP, leads elite offense consistently
Cam Newton-league MVP, has lead elite offense multiple times
Matt Stanford-lead a shit team to the playoffs with and without Megatron. Set NFL record for most 4th quarter comeback wins in a season.
Andrew Luck-carried a horrible team to the playoffs every yr until he got hurt.
Phillip Rivers-Chargers would be a 3 win team without him the last 5 years.

I've got 6 franchise guys with Derek Carr, Marcus Marriotta and Jamie's Winston on the cusp of reaching that label.

After that I'd put Alex with guys like Dalton, Cousins, Palmer and Bradford in the middle.

People always throw out what the W/L is but some of these guys were on bad teams with bad GM's and coaches.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:23 PM 06-16-2017
Generally NFL teams do not trade up 17 spots in the first round of the NFL Draft (and give up a first round draft pick in the following year's NFL Draft in the process) to draft a QB if they have a 33 year old (i.e. prime of his career) "franchise QB" on their roster.

So obviously Andy Reid and John Dorsey do NOT agree with DaneMcFatAss's "Alex Smith is a franchise QB" narrative.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:08 PM 06-16-2017
If the guy just makes either throw to Hill against Pittsburg, his story in KC plays out differently.
That's as stupid as saying if Edelmann hadn't made his amazing catch, it makes Brady a different QB.

It's a team game. And your fear for the future is just that. It's not knowledge. It's not evidence. It's not proof. It's anxiety.

Every play is a new play.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:28 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I guess if you wanted below average consistency you could consider Alex a franchise quarterback.

However, I don't think many executives would agree.

*Edit
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:31 PM 06-16-2017
Alex played scared last year, Dane.

He played scared to run and didn't pull the trigger when we needed him to the most.

It got far worse after the multiple concussion game.

I've been hoping Alex would find his balls since he got here and he gave us a taste of what he can be in the second half of 2013, the Indy playoff game and most of 2015.

Unfortunately, he regressed last year and "took it personally" (his own words) that the team cut Maclin.

I think his regression continues into 2017 because he keeps worrying about concussions and therefore stopped being an elusive runner and even told the media he thinks about taking hits and contemplated retirement.

It's a shame, too.

And people here blamed him for the 44-45 loss to the Colts, yet blamed the defense when Trent Green lost 38-38 against the Colts.

It's a Double Standard.

The Chiefs PASSED on Brees and gave up the #12 pick overall for him.

The compensation for Smith pales in comparison.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC you are a fat dumbshit.

Alex Smith hasn't "led" anything.

His primary role has been to not turn the ball over and stay out of the way of the strong defenses/running games that have led to his teams' successes.

That is the classic definition of a game manager QB... not a "franchise QB".

Do you think that Trent Dilfer "led" the 2001 Ravens to their Super Bowl winning season?

Do you think that Jim McMahon "led" the 1986 Bears to their Super Bowl winning season?

You continue to humiliate yourself with your "Alex Smith is a franchise QB" narrative.
You're dumber than fuck, which has been proven time and time again.

And while I can assure you that my weight and health are in good standing (34" waist), I have to say, your continued forwardness is a little awkward.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Would that be the same Dorsey and Reid who moved heaven and earth to select a legitimate QB prospect to replace Smith's daisy ass?

And shit, if I was "the rest of the NFL", I'd love that cock sucker too.

"Who we got in the playoff game"?
"Smith"????
"Awwww hell yes"!
-the rest of the NFL
5 seasons later.

And a 1 and a 3 are a pittance.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:38 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Generally NFL teams do not trade up 17 spots in the first round of the NFL Draft (and give up a first round draft pick in the following year's NFL Draft in the process) to draft a QB if they have a 33 year old (i.e. prime of his career) "franchise QB" on their roster.

So obviously Andy Reid and John Dorsey do NOT agree with DaneMcFatAss's "Alex Smith is a franchise QB" narrative.
Hey Buttfuck, Smith is 33 years old heading in to 2017.

A move needed to be made. I advocated this move for Mahomes back on January 3rd.

Try to keep up, Mr. Two College degrees.

:-)

If that's really true (and I'd bet $100k it's not) you're the poster child for the "U".

Dumb as fuck.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:46 PM 06-16-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Russell Wilson-2 SB's, 1 ring, playoffs every year
Matt Ryan-league MVP, leads elite offense consistently
Cam Newton-league MVP, has lead elite offense multiple times
Matt Stanford-lead a shit team to the playoffs with and without Megatron. Set NFL record for most 4th quarter comeback wins in a season.
Andrew Luck-carried a horrible team to the playoffs every yr until he got hurt.
Phillip Rivers-Chargers would be a 3 win team without him the last 5 years.

I've got 6 franchise guys with Derek Carr, Marcus Marriotta and Jamie's Winston on the cusp of reaching that label.

After that I'd put Alex with guys like Dalton, Cousins, Palmer and Bradford in the middle.

People always throw out what the W/L is but some of these guys were on bad teams with bad GM's and coaches.
No offense but I was asking Geno Wendler.

I don't necessarily disagree with your list but the difference between Wilson and Smith is infintessimal.

The Seattle defense, led by Richard Sherman, seems to hate him and the offense.

Good ol' WCO.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:52 PM 06-16-2017
I don't necessarily disagree with your list but the difference between Wilson and Smith
Is YPA and TD passes, the two most important things for QBs.
[Reply]
Page 223 of 2688
« First < 123173213219220221222223 2242252262272332733237231223 > Last »
Up