ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1204 of 2688
« First < 20470411041154119412001201120212031204 120512061207120812141254130417042204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 03:32 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
wow

Would guess every one of those for Goff is on a designed rollout by McVay.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:34 PM 10-20-2018
literally just a photo of the ultimate badass

I would love to have this jersey hanging in my office!
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:36 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s beyond ridiculous that he has 10 and the next two guys have 3

:-)

He really is the Steph Curry of the NFL
I wonder what a Big Time throw is? :-)

Scoring TD?
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:36 PM 10-20-2018
wow

At least one of those is south paw.

That's 1/3 south paw of what AAron Rodgers throws outside of the pocket for big time play.
[Reply]
FAX 03:39 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

So that is the new narrative "If you want to beat Mahomes- you have to keep him in the pocket"?

Wouldn't that mean Mahomes is getting great blocking and does not have the need to run from pressure?

Mahomes threw a bomb (68 yards in the air) from the pocket during the preseason.
That's what people are saying, to be sure, Mr. Halfcan. PFF thinks it. FO thinks it. The nogs are saying it. I don't have the time to chart stuff like that or I'd probably think it, too.

Thing is, it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. Either he's not reading the field as well as Wally would like or he's freelancing a bit too much? Or maybe the line isn't pass-protecting as well as I thought? I don't know.

I do know that our guys are getting open more often than not. On almost every damn play, there's somebody wide freaking open. I've never seen anything like it. Watching the All-22, I find myself constantly saying, "Throw it to [insert receiver's name here]!"

I'm going out on a limb and saying the inside pressure is causing a problem. THT should be better from the pocket. We know he's more than capable.

FAX THE SOMEWHAT CONFOUNDED
[Reply]
FAX 03:41 PM 10-20-2018
I wonder what a Big Time throw is? :-)

Scoring TD?
In their video/pod cast thing, they said (if I remember correctly), it's defined as unscripted, tight window, key situational, etc.

Stuff like that. (Honestly, I can't remember all the criteria they mentioned ... but it's those things and more stuff.)

FAX THE LOW ON MEMORY FUEL
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:45 PM 10-20-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
That's what people are saying, to be sure, Mr. Halfcan. PFF thinks it. FO thinks it. The nogs are saying it. I don't have the time to chart stuff like that or I'd probably think it, too.

Thing is, it doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. Either he's not reading the field as well as Wally would like or he's freelancing a bit too much? Or maybe the line isn't pass-protecting as well as I thought? I don't know.

I do know that our guys are getting open more often than not. On almost every damn play, there's somebody wide freaking open. I've never seen anything like it. Watching the All-22, I find myself constantly saying, "Throw it to [insert receiver's name here]!"

I'm going out on a limb and saying the inside pressure is causing a problem. THT should be better from the pocket. We know he's more than capable.

The scoring TD to Hill that took 12 seconds verse the Pats last week was inside the pocket- so it is pretty misleading that if you can keep him from rolling out he won't beat you. But of course, they use the scramble TD during the San Fran game to try and prove their point.

Hopefully, teams will ditch the "Blitz Mahomes and he will not beat you" narrative that didn't work and start rushing 3 to keep him in the pocket-lol
[Reply]
FAX 03:46 PM 10-20-2018
Here's a thought thing ...

At Tech, he really had to run for his life most of the time. I'm guessing his line was of lower caliber compared to the competition they faced.

Point being, he got used to going off-script, running like hell, and looking downfield for the big throw. Obviously, he's comfortable doing that sort of thing after having so much practice.

I, for one, would like to see him develop more "controlled" work in the pocket ... shifting away from pressure instead of completely bailing ... that sort of thing (see Tom Brady). It makes the o-line's job much easier if they know where he is. Plus, he would be taking full advantage of Wally's fabulously well-designed routes and the timing thereof.

FAX THE DOESN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT HE WANTS
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:48 PM 10-20-2018

Based on my own criteria- Mahomes is a Big Time Stud Quarterback. I want to see him Break the Bungles this weekend.
[Reply]
FAX 03:51 PM 10-20-2018
The scoring TD to Hill that took 12 seconds verse the Pats last week was inside the pocket- so it is pretty misleading that if you can keep him from rolling out he won't beat you. But of course, they use the scramble TD during the San Fran game to try and prove their point.

Hopefully, teams will ditch the "Blitz Mahomes and he will not beat you" narrative that didn't work and start rushing 3 to keep him in the pocket-lol
IMO, the thing most of the "analysts" are missing is that you really can't "stop" him. There isn't a particular way to scheme a defense to stop Mahomes.

Denver came as close as anybody has with a pretty sophisticated (and very well designed) faux, overloaded blitz package. It worked for 2 quarters ... so good job on them.

I think the best thing they can do is let him get into the redzone. Then defenses can use the EZ backline as a defender, the longball disappears, and they can rush 3 and fill the backend with fast dudes. If I'm a DC, I try to limit him to 3 points and call it a win.

FAX
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:56 PM 10-20-2018
Here's a thought thing ...

At Tech, he really had to run for his life most of the time. I'm guessing his line was of lower caliber compared to the competition they faced.

Point being, he got used to going off-script, running like hell, and looking downfield for the big throw. Obviously, he's comfortable doing that sort of thing after having so much practice.

I, for one, would like to see him develop more "controlled" work in the pocket ... shifting away from pressure instead of completely bailing ... that sort of thing (see Tom Brady). It makes the o-line's job much easier if they know where he is. Plus, he would be taking full advantage of Wally's fabulously well-designed routes and the timing thereof.

FAX THE DOESN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT HE WANTS
:-) Great point. I also see that teams have been blitzing a lot trying to get Mahomes to just dump off for short gains- but he says fuck it and rolls out to give his receivers extra time. By the second half, the CB are gassed and getting burned all over the field. Look how gassed the Jags and their number 1 defense was. Pats too- we dominated them.
[Reply]
FAX 04:03 PM 10-20-2018
:-) Great point. I also see that teams have been blitzing a lot trying to get Mahomes to just dump off for short gains- but he says **** it and rolls out to give his receivers extra time. By the second half, the CB are gassed and getting burned all over the field. Look how gassed the Jags and their number 1 defense was. Pats too- we dominated them.
Going in, that was my hope in the Pats game ... that we would wear down their DBs.

So I told the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX to keep an eye on that phenomenon and, low and behold, by the closing minutes of the 3rd Q, she mentioned how slow the NE DBs looked compared to our guys. Therefore, I hereby declare it is definitely a factor.

The donk DBs and LBs talked about it, the JAG players talked about it, as well. Funny how the nogs don't seem to acknowledge it.

Anyway, there's no doubt in my mind that we're wearing down defenses in the 2nd half and most of that is simply trying to cover our guys for 4 to 7 seconds on so many plays downfield, across the field, and back again. That's a long time to read and react. Then you have to catch your breath and do it all over again. Play after play.

I'm confident that Wally understands this and is using it as a tactical advantage.

FAX
[Reply]
Chief Rainbow 04:05 PM 10-20-2018

So that is the new narrative "If you want to beat Mahomes- you have to keep him in the pocket"?

Wouldn't that mean Mahomes is getting great blocking and does not have the need to run from pressure?

Mahomes threw a bomb (68 yards in the air) from the pocket during the preseason.
That narrative is far from fabulous. Watching him gets me tingly in the nether regions because he is just so good at everything. Long, short, speed it up, slow it down. Keeping his eyes focused downfield while on the run. He will slowly cancel out all the narratives. Voice aside, he plays a sexy brand of football, one that can’t take my eyes off of.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:05 PM 10-20-2018
Living in Colorado, my Chiefs tie would usually get me pity, if anyone noticed it at all.

For the last month, I’ve gotten dirtier looks from my co-workers than the last three years combined.

#feelsgoodman
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:15 PM 10-20-2018
Going in, that was my hope in the Pats game ... that we would wear down their DBs.

So I told the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX to keep an eye on that phenomenon and, low and behold, by the closing minutes of the 3rd Q, she mentioned how slow the NE DBs looked compared to our guys. Therefore, I hereby declare it is definitely a factor.

The donk DBs and LBs talked about it, the JAG players talked about it, as well. Funny how the nogs don't seem to acknowledge it.

Anyway, there's no doubt in my mind that we're wearing down defenses in the 2nd half and most of that is simply trying to cover our guys for 4 to 7 seconds on so many plays downfield, across the field, and back again. That's a long time to read and react. Then you have to catch your breath and do it all over again. Play after play.

I'm confident that Wally understands this and is using it as a tactical advantage.

FAX
Mrs. Fax does indeed have a great eye for football. Reek was toasting them. Does he ever get tired? He seems just as fast and elusive the 4th quarter as the first. The DB's are like- I am tired of chasing this guy- can I get some help over here!! :-)

I think the inside the pocket stats are also slightly skewed by the fact we have motored down the offense the second half of a few games. We were running the ball and went to high percentage short passes to kill the clock. Plus if Mahomes hits a few of those near misses the first half verse the Pats (while in the pocket) those number jump significantly.
[Reply]
Page 1204 of 2688
« First < 20470411041154119412001201120212031204 120512061207120812141254130417042204 > Last »
Up