ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson is not a top 10 QB
chiefzilla1501 06:17 PM 10-27-2020
He's a decent qb and I think we'd be happy to have him if not mahomes. But Ive always wondered how he'd look without the DeAndre Hopkins jumpball. Hasn't been great so far.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:31 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He's a decent qb and I think we'd be happy to have him if not mahomes. But Ive always wondered how he'd look without the DeAndre Hopkins jumpball. Hasn't been great so far.
Like Brady without Gronk last year. Not so good.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:54 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Even though they traded Hopkins his weapons aren't really that bad.
They're not horrible, but you just can't trade away a top 3 WR while you're trying to develop a QB.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:47 AM 10-27-2020
I've been saying for fucking years Hopkins catches an awful lot of fuck it chuck it balls Watson wings in his general direction.

Hopkins is really REALLY fucking good at 50/50 balls.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:51 AM 10-27-2020
He's a good player but he has a ceiling. He has terrible arm strength, but he makes up for it by manipulating himself in the pocket or outside of the pocket to create a window to throw. He is a playmaker but can find himself making mistakes.

If you make me choose between him or Josh Allen, man I don't really know what I'd do.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:49 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's a good player but he has a ceiling. He has terrible arm strength, but he makes up for it by manipulating himself in the pocket or outside of the pocket to create a window to throw. He is a playmaker but can find himself making mistakes.

If you make me choose between him or Josh Allen, man I don't really know what I'd do.
Yep. Relatively speaking he's always had a noodle arm, so as he ages and slows down/loses arm strength I don't see him remaining competitive well into his 30s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 10-27-2020

He plays too tentative. He holds the ball too long. I happen to agree with the OP - he's not a top 10 QB. He's young and that's really the only thing desirable about him.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:53 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He plays too tentative. He holds the ball too long. I happen to agree with the OP - he's not a top 10 QB. He's young and that's really the only thing desirable about him.
He does, but you have to think part of that is coaching and not calling effective plays to help him out. Maybe not having a complete buffoon at coach will help. I hope Bieniemy goes there, because I like the kid (Watson). And I don't really see them as a real threat to Mahomes.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 10-27-2020
He does, but you have to think part of that is coaching and not calling effective plays to help him out. Maybe not having a complete buffoon at coach will help. I hope Bieniemy goes there, because I like the kid (Watson). And I don't really see them as a real threat to Mahomes.
Watson's propensity to hold the ball too long has nothing to do with play calling. It's purely Watson's problem. Perhaps it could be coached out of him but it really shouldn't have to be if he's as good as everybody thinks he is.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:19 AM 10-27-2020
A combination of bad coaching, no O line, and media overhype have combined to set him up to fail.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:48 AM 10-27-2020
"He's better than Mahomes." - Deberg
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 10-27-2020
Trading Hopkins didn't screw Watson, it EXPOSED him.

Watson was used to throwing low probability passes and watching Hopkins' exceptional catch radius bail him out.

Watson isn't great and all BOB did was show people that.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:25 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Trading Hopkins didn't screw Watson, it EXPOSED him.

Watson was used to throwing low probability passes and watching Hopkins' exceptional catch radius bail him out.

Watson isn't great and all BOB did was show people that.
Exactly. Watsons always been a fuck it chuck it guy. All the way back to college.

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I've been saying for fucking years Hopkins catches an awful lot of fuck it chuck it balls Watson wings in his general direction.

Hopkins is really REALLY fucking good at 50/50 balls.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:03 AM 10-27-2020
Who do we rank above Watson ?

Mahomes
Wilson
Rogers
Brees
L Jackson
Wentz
Stafford
Tannehill
Brady
Roethlisberg
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

Not sure all these guys are above him? Hes a fringe top 10 guy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:51 PM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who do we rank about Watson?

Mahomes
Wilson
Rogers
Brees
L Jackson
Wentz
Stafford
Tannehill
Brady
Roethlisberg
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen

Not sure all these guys are above him? Hes a fringe top 10 guy.
Josh Allen is not a better QB than Watson. No way, not right now at least, and I don't care what their stats read.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up