ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters to the Ravens
Hammock Parties 02:20 PM 10-15-2019
*gulp*

My @NFL moles are telling me that @marcuspeters has been traded to @Ravens.

— Rob Parker (@RobParkerFS1) October 15, 2019

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:29 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I will never understand the Browns’ audacity.
If I was Peters I would respond with "well you're gonna have to wait till next year".
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:29 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Peters is just a fierce competitor.
Only when things are going his way. And any little adversity he melts. He is just fortunate he has a very good defense to cover up for his mistakes right now. Otherwise he is just a route jumper on mediocre defenses refusing to cover and tackle. Will be interesting to see how Reid attacks him because I sure would.

Watch him in preseason after every Mahomes big play in his rookie year. Peters was exploding every time Pat threw the ball.
This was before Peters saw the "torch of attention" being passed on to Mahomes from him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:33 PM 12-28-2019
Big mistake. He only wants money and will now be lazy and ordinary.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:34 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
but it's hard to get too worked up over one player who was part of a mediocre to sub-par defense that wasn't up to championship snuff, particularly when his contributions were sporadic and when he wasn't contributing he was actively detracting from the group effort. We thought that habit of avoiding contact was a 'business decision' because he was looking for a better future out of here, but those business decisions continue to the present.
:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 09:37 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
As long as they have Earl Thomas, Peters should continue to be a great player for them. As long as he had someone to cover for him when he takes risks (healthy eric Berry with us) he's great.
Agreed.

Could you imagine him across from Ward with these safeties behind him and this DL creating havoc?

The best part is we have a GM that will find us the next Marcus Peters and this defense is going to be a shut down unit before we know it.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:38 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Big mistake. He only wants money and will now be lazy and ordinary.
Horribly ignorant take.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:39 PM 12-28-2019
Agreed.

Could you imagine him across from Ward with these safeties behind him and this DL creating havoc?

The best part is we have a GM that will find us the next Marcus Peters and this defense is going to be a shut down unit before we know it.
Let's hope !!:-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:51 PM 12-28-2019
I don't understand why people need to constantly try and convince themselves Peters sucks. He doesn't. He's pretty good when he has a mentor to keep him in check (Berry, now Thomas) and when things are going well for his team. I also don't understand why so many people are still furious about his departure.

He's not a leader and he's not a shut down corner, but he does make big plays and is decent in coverage. He's getting a contract worth less per season than Trumaine Johnson and Josh Norman, and the same as Xavier Rhodes and Kyle Fuller and that doesn't include the inflation that will certainly occur this off-season at the CB position. He's not setting the market or breaking the bank.

Corners are hard to find. He's a pretty good one who makes a lot of splash plays. He was here and now he's not, and we got a couple seasons of pretty good play and some nice draft picks for him when we moved on. Our defense is much better now and his loss is barely noticeable.

The end. Everyone should move on.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:58 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Is this where you conveniently forget that Richie Icognito and Chad Kelley (players in our own freaking division) exist? Excellent mental gymnastics, though.
Look at you getting all butt hurt.

Now that you've refreshed my memory, I would agree, they're thugs too. They just didn't appear on the lists I searched while intentionally looking for a white guy to call a thug just to keep you and your pal's panties from bunching.
[Reply]
srvy 10:15 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Isn't that what Chief Fan accused Honey Badger of doing?

[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:31 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I have never once seen a poster refer to a white guy as a thug.
Richie Incognito is a thug.

There. Now you have.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:45 PM 12-28-2019
Basically traded Peters for Thornhill.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:51 PM 12-28-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Basically traded Peters for Thornhill.
That makes me feel strangely better
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:02 PM 12-28-2019