ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2074 of 4887
« First < 1074157419742024206420702071207220732074 207520762077207820842124217425743074 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:35 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Sure sounds like KC shouldn’t have a problem offensively. One concern is Reuben Foster. He’s a monster. Could make some game changing plays coming back from suspension. We’ll see how his conditioning is because KC will spread them out and wear out SFs already pathetic edge rushers
Well, Cousins and Stafford sliced 'em up... Pattycakes will likely throw for 300 and another 3 TDs. At some point, Hunt will have his day - maybe that's this week, just as fantasy owners decide to start Mahomes. I've enjoyed having Tyreek in my lineup with Thielen and Allen.
[Reply]
TEX 04:37 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Well, by all accounts, KC should defeat SF at home. Off to 2-0, season home opener, Mahomes first start in KC... Jimmy G's first start in KC.

That alone screams that KC should win, likely by 14-17 points. SF lost their main RB in preseason, they're 1-1 losing @ MIN and holding on at home vs DET. JG is 3/3 TD/INT ratio. Breida, Kittle and Morris are the big 3 producers...

KC's defensive struggles could very likely vanish with that matchup in the home opener, if KC does this right - they could jump out to a massive lead and ride that to a huge victory. If and only IF KC's defense of the last two weeks continues their ability to allow for the other teams to produce - could be a scorefest.

KC's defense has given up nearly 1,000 passing yards in two games.

All that being said, KC should win by 12 easily.

Denver at Baltimore... two teams that few really care about outside of those cities. Denver needs to win to get over any internal questions they have about how they played the first two weeks. Upside for them - defense looks solid, plays tough more often than not - they'll give up a few big plays, no doubt. Offensively... the Rookie RBs, Sutton, Janovich being back and Jake Butt geting into the system are all positives. If the defense does what they've done and the RBs get going earlier (compared to last week)... that's a good thing.

Case has made some mistakes, no doubt... he's also made a number of sweet plays. Case and Sanders have a nice thing going. They need to get him involved early too, not rely heavy early on Thomas.

Ravens beat up the Bills and lost the game early to CIN... if they allow Denver to get out early, that's terrible for them as the rookie RBs should have plenty of chances to pile it on.

Hard to really tell about the Ravens as the Bills game just was not something to really measure... there was no pushback from BUF.

Losing @ BAL wouldn't shock me, I figure it's a 10 point margin either way.

I really like Alex Collins, but don't think he'll get into a groove on Sunday. Compare the WRs/TEs/RBs... I think Denver has the advantage and worst case, the QBs are equal right now.

:-) You better keep this up all year. I cant stand all your other BS, but this is always god stuff!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:17 PM 09-18-2018

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:20 PM 09-18-2018

The most productive wide receivers in the NFL on a per snap basis in Week 2! pic.twitter.com/clZenyeUWe

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) September 18, 2018

This receiver core matchup vs Denver secondary is going to be nice
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:21 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Sure sounds like KC shouldn’t have a problem offensively. One concern is Reuben Foster. He’s a monster. Could make some game changing plays coming back from suspension. We’ll see how his conditioning is because KC will spread them out and wear out SFs already pathetic edge rushers
Change of topic, but remember when OldSchool said Mahomes was a bad draft pick because Reuben Foster was going to fall to our original pick at the bottom of the 1st round?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:23 PM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Change of topic, but remember when OldSchool said Mahomes was a bad draft pick because Reuben Foster was going to fall to our original pick at the bottom of the 1st round?
Imagine wanting a fucking troubled psychotic ILB over a QBoTF. :-)

I forgot about that LOL. Stupid ass rumors saying KC was trying to move up 17 spots for a fucking LINEBACKER. I was at a buddy's house and said there's zero chance KC trades up that high giving up a future 1 for a ILB. I said they are going up for a QB and had Mahomes 1, Watson 2.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 09:46 PM 09-18-2018
This is the only good thing coming out of Donkeyland nowadays...

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:24 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
:-) You better keep this up all year. I cant stand all your other BS, but this is always god stuff!
I dunno... don't really see a difference in this and similar posts in the past. Double checked to make sure there wasn't hidden PA. It's just easier right now to be confident and impressed by KC compared to years past. (might have found one...)

Believe I typically stay pretty close to reality with my comments overall. We'll see how it all goes, hopefully in two weeks we have an interesting storyline when KC visits Denver... Broncos need to really play aggressive and well this week to walk into that KC game with confidence. Really need a strong dose of those young players.

We shall see.
[Reply]
TEX 07:09 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I dunno... don't really see a difference in this and similar posts in the past. Double checked to make sure there wasn't hidden PA. It's just easier right now to be confident and impressed by KC compared to years past. (might have found one...)

Believe I typically stay pretty close to reality with my comments overall. We'll see how it all goes, hopefully in two weeks we have an interesting storyline when KC visits Denver... Broncos need to really play aggressive and well this week to walk into that KC game with confidence. Really need a strong dose of those young players.

We shall see.
Well, Den gets KC at home, on MNF, so that right there is a huge advantage. Really amazing if you think about the fact that a last place team, that has missed the playoffs two years in a row, with a journeyman QB and a pedestrian at best offense, gets the two-time division champions in their place on MNF, when KC is the team with the budding star at QB and an exciting offense.

For years we heard how MNF takes into account the previous years performance + current year intangibles. Fact is, there were / are many positive ones for KC and not many for Den. Enjoy the last of the Sept gifts by the NFL.

Just one more big test for PM & KC. I think he and KC will pass it.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:11 AM 09-19-2018
Somewhere the NFL decided Denver being in it was good for the league, not sure why that isn't a huge market with a ton of fans.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:17 AM 09-19-2018
It was really funny that we've talked about Denver playing home games early and opening day in Denver again, then Colin Cowherd the other day talked about it the other day. I would be curious what Denver's schedule would be starting in LA and Pittsburgh instead of home vs the Seahawks and Raiders. Seattle and Oakland suck. Seattle is Russell Wilson and that's it, especially without Doug Baldwin. Oakland is a dumpster fire yet again.
[Reply]
Best22 07:17 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Somewhere the NFL decided Denver being in it was good for the league, not sure why that isn't a huge market with a ton of fans.
The NFL fell in love with the bright orange jerseys and the "mountain advantage".

Weird, but true.

They also liked Elway and marketed him as a "gritty underdog discount Joe Montana." Sad, but true

:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 07:31 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
It was really funny that we've talked about Denver playing home games early and opening day in Denver again, then Colin Cowherd the other day talked about it the other day. I would be curious what Denver's schedule would be starting in LA and Pittsburgh instead of home vs the Seahawks and Raiders. Seattle and Oakland suck. Seattle is Russell Wilson and that's it, especially without Doug Baldwin. Oakland is a dumpster fire yet again.
I doubt even NE has opened at home 7 years in a row.
[Reply]
Best22 07:37 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I doubt even NE has opened at home 7 years in a row.
2012 and 2014 were definitely on the road.

Not sure of others too lazy to find out
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 07:45 AM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Well, Den gets KC at home, on MNF, so that right there is a huge advantage. Really amazing if you think about the fact that a last place team, that has missed the playoffs two years in a row, with a journeyman QB and a pedestrian at best offense, gets the two-time division champions in their place on MNF, when KC is the team with the budding star at QB and an exciting offense.

For years we heard how MNF takes into account the previous years performance + current year intangibles. Fact is, there were / are many positive ones for KC and not many for Den. Enjoy the last of the Sept gifts by the NFL.

Just one more big test for PM & KC. I think he and KC will pass it.
So many things go into scheduling... the home/away are predetermined years in advance. Not sure what the conflicts were regarding prime-time selections, but they have to account for so many things in each city.

I believe they try to guarantee every team 1 prime-time game. Denver has 3, the home game on MNF vs KC ... @ AZ on TNF and @ OAK on MNF late.

Chiefs have 5 ... @ DEN MNF, @ NEP SNF, @ Rams MNF, vs LAC TNF, @ SEA SNF.

4 of the 5 on the road in primetime... they just hate you guys, I guess.
[Reply]
Page 2074 of 4887
« First < 1074157419742024206420702071207220732074 207520762077207820842124217425743074 > Last »
Up