ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 47
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead
Tribal Warfare 11:37 PM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
You didn't like him in Argo or the Town?
Beniffer stigma
[Reply]
unlurking 12:31 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
You didn't like him in Argo or the Town?
Haven't seen the Town. Argo was good, but I just couldn't get myself not to be annoyed.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:38 AM 02-20-2014

[Reply]
Fish 04:32 PM 02-20-2014
Rocket's voice:

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:07 PM 02-20-2014
I'm not sure what accent he's going for there. Not much to go on. But doesn't seem to sound any variety of brit.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:51 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Javabean:
The Tesseract is the Space Stone. The Aether is the Power Stone.
Ahh, thanks. I was way off.

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about the tesseract as the cosmic cube back when Avengers came out. That makes sense.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:32 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ahh, thanks. I was way off.

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading about the tesseract as the cosmic cube back when Avengers came out. That makes sense.
They are definitely changing the original material.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:37 PM 02-20-2014
I wonder if they are going to introduce Adam Worlock. He is supposed to have the soul gem.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:39 PM 02-20-2014
Also curious about which cosmic beings they are going to break out.
I really hope they are not going to act as if the Avengers will be enough to take down Thanos and the gems.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:41 PM 02-20-2014
Still soooooo pissd that Marvel doesn't have the Surfer. He would be Huuuge in the new cosmic universe. Fox is just gonna screw him up again.
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:46 PM 02-20-2014
I remember reading the IG series as a kid and thinking it would make the best movie series ever. Never thought they would ever make it though.
It really is a childhood dream come true. Broke out all my old comics not to0o long back and still have them all in perfect condition.

I wonder if they will continue on the Infinity war when it's over.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:22 PM 02-20-2014
For those interested in the best comic series ever (IMO)

[Reply]
Bowser 09:26 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Yep, with a black guy Johnny Storm.
Uh, what?

For fuck's sake, just let Marvel have their creations back.
[Reply]
beach tribe 10:38 PM 02-20-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Uh, what?

For ****'s sake, just let Marvel have their creations back.
Yup. Black Human torch.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 10:38 PM 02-20-2014
Yeah. Making white characters black for the movies is nothing new (Kingpin and Nick Fury are two of the best-represented characters on screen), but . . .

A. They've never changed ethnicities to any other race but black. The more this goes on the more it seems like they're singling it out, which sounds a lot like tokenism.

B. Johnny (the Human Torch) and Sue (Invisible Woman) are brother and sister, and they're apparently keeping that relationship intact. They'll have to explain that somehow, and that elevates the ethnic change from "he just happens to be black" to a storyline change, which reeks even more of tokenism.

C. Why didn't they make Reed black? He'd be a perfect candidate, and . . .

D. The guy playing Reed looks about 12; Reed is in his forties or so and one of his defining characteristics is his greying temples. Also . . .

E. Jamie Bell as the Thing? Jamie Bell was Billy Elliott. I've taken craps bigger than him.

F. Honestly, their biggest problem is that they're basing it off the atrocious fanfiction-y Ultimate series. For those who don't read comics, the 'Ultimate Universe' is a sort of parallel world they invented about 15 years ago. It's terrible - all style with no substance, with stories based mostly on shock value alone while butchering perfectly good characters, and perpetually selling only mediocre numbers but inexplicably still around. The 'Ultimate Fantastic Four' is totally unlike the characters and storyline we know: Reed is a boneless jelly-man who becomes an evil mastermind; Sue married Ben; Johnny sheds his skin periodically and hates being on the team; and Dr. Doom is a small-timer with cloven hooves and acid blood like in Alien.

It's stupidity all around, and I'll call it now: It will be a bad, bad movie. Like, Green Lantern levels of powerful bad. I wish they'd left it alone.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 47
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up