ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JJ Watt released
Sure-Oz 08:48 AM 02-12-2021
@RapSheet: The #Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:35 AM 02-25-2021
The Raiders? Doesn’t sound like Watt is interested in winning a ring then.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:56 AM 02-25-2021
Best thing for the Chiefs is to get younger and deeper. No need to overpay for a short term player who isn’t in his prime.

Of course unless we sign him, then I was always all for it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:26 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
There's zero chance I'd pay that for him. Reads to me like a "we aren't getting the money we thought we would".
Yeah I’d love to have the guy but the line has to be drawn somewhere and it is well, well below $15m for me.
[Reply]
JakeF 12:53 PM 02-25-2021
We have too many large contracts already. We need a bunch of young, cheap guys who are hungry to win games.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:56 PM 02-25-2021
JJ Watt is washed up. No thanks.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:07 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Probably, unless he was half-assing it in Houston the last few years because the team was so fucked up. There is a chance that if Watts goes to a team that is young and hungry, he might get pumped up and play better.

A chance.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:13 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I don't think it's the level of play that's dropped so much as being unable to stay healthy. If he's in a rotation with a snap count and isn't expected to play 3/4ths of the downs he'll get the most out of what he's got left...
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:28 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Probably, unless he was half-assing it in Houston the last few years because the team was so ****ed up. There is a chance that if Watts goes to a team that is young and hungry, he might get pumped up and play better.

A chance.
I'd love to believe in that narrative, but I don't see it happening
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 02-25-2021
We have too many large contracts already. We need a bunch of young, cheap guys who are hungry to win games.
Well, Watt isn't coming here on a massive star-studded contract. It would have to be on a discount or he won't be here, so there's that.

And as far as being hungry, the guy has played 10 seasons and won 4 playoff games. I don't think hunger will be an issue.

He just needs to be healthy and cost-effective.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 02:25 PM 02-25-2021
Probably, unless he was half-assing it in Houston the last few years because the team was so ****ed up. There is a chance that if Watts goes to a team that is young and hungry, he might get pumped up and play better.

A chance.
He also was the DL player who was double teamed the most in the league last year.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:44 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
I'd love to believe in that narrative, but I don't see it happening
Yea, probably not.
[Reply]
JakeF 02:49 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, Watt isn't coming here on a massive star-studded contract. It would have to be on a discount or he won't be here, so there's that.

And as far as being hungry, the guy has played 10 seasons and won 4 playoff games. I don't think hunger will be an issue.

He just needs to be healthy and cost-effective.
Cost-effective is key for us going forward. Whatever we pay, they need to play over their contract numbers.

ie Frank Clark and Sammy Watkin are not the type players/contract we need now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 02-25-2021
Cost-effective is key for us going forward. Whatever we pay, they need to play over their contract numbers.

I agree.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 04:00 PM 02-25-2021

You make a lot of cogent points...

It's just depressing to admit...
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:14 PM 02-25-2021
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/...-with-j-j-watt

Chris Jones: I would love to play with J.J. Watt | NBC Sports

“J.J. Watt has been my favorite player throughout the league my whole career,” Jones said. “He was the Aaron Donald before Aaron Donald — he was J.J. Watt, you know? So he’s still my favorite player. Would I love to play with him if the opportunity presents itself? Hell yeah. But you never know how these things go. He’s a free agent for the first time in his career. He might want to play with his brother or something, I don’t know.”
[Reply]
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up