ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 38
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JJ Watt released
Sure-Oz 08:48 AM 02-12-2021
@RapSheet: The #Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:53 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I kind of disagree. He's not what he was but id say hes still and upgrade over the version of Suggs that we had, and Suggs was much better than anything we trotted out this season.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There’s a huge difference between a 30 year old RB and a 30 year old DE.
Alright fair enough, I just don't want to overpay.
[Reply]
Renegade 11:35 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
Alright fair enough, I just don't want to overpay.
What is the ROI for the Chiefs in overpaying for the caliber of player Watt is and a shot at another SB title?
[Reply]
Shields68 11:54 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
What is the ROI for the Chiefs in overpaying for the caliber of player Watt is and a shot at another SB title?
I do not think we have the cap space to overpay. If we get Watt it will be at a price under what he could get elsewhere. But with all his advertising money and prior huge contracts etc. think he might take a few million less to put himself in the best chance at a ring.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:31 PM 02-24-2021
He's either coming here on a cheap deal with incentives because he wants a LEGIT shot at a ring or he's going somewhere else for various reasons (money, being one).

If the most important thing to him is the ring, he'll sign here. The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through Kansas City. Everyone knows this. It's why we've hosted the last 3 AFC Title Games. Used to be New England a few years back, now it's us.

I'm not 100% convinced that I would even want him here, as he can't seem to stay healthy, but if he wants to sign a cheap incentive laden deal and be part of a rotation on one end of the line then I'm certainly not against that. He could probably give us at least what Terrell Suggs did.

But anyone acting like or suggesting he's a full time pass rushing DE on the other side from Frank is just fooling themselves. He's not that guy anymore.

He's a rotational guy that can impact the game in spurts with his pass rush ability (when he's healthy). That's it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
He's either coming here on a cheap deal with incentives because he wants a LEGIT shot at a ring or he's going somewhere else for various reasons (money, being one).

If the most important thing to him is the ring, he'll sign here. The road to the Super Bowl in the AFC goes through Kansas City. Everyone knows this. It's why we've hosted the last 3 AFC Title Games. Used to be New England a few years back, now it's us.

I'm not 100% convinced that I would even want him here, as he can't seem to stay healthy, but if he wants to sign a cheap incentive laden deal and be part of a rotation on one end of the line then I'm certainly not against that. He could probably give us at least what Terrell Suggs did.

But anyone acting like or suggesting he's a full time pass rushing DE on the other side from Frank is just fooling themselves. He's not that guy anymore.

He's a rotational guy that can impact the game in spurts with his pass rush ability (when he's healthy). That's it.
That's more than what we have now. We have a bunch of guys that are now free agents that couldn't impact the game at all even when they were healthy.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:20 PM 02-24-2021

He did start all 16 games last year and put up solid stats. He's not the guy we knew in 2012-2015 but he's still significantly better than most players at his position. Coming to a 4-3 with other players around him that can command attention may take him back to even better form. I thought the herniated disc would be the nail but he put up 16 sacks in 2018 before having a pec injury in '19, so I don't think he's washed up yet.

That said, I think the chances he comes to KC are very, very slim.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
He did start all 16 games last year and put up solid stats. He's not the guy we knew in 2012-2015 but he's still significantly better than most players at his position. Coming to a 4-3 with other players around him that can command attention may take him back to even better form. I thought the herniated disc would be the nail but he put up 16 sacks in 2018 before having a pec injury in '19, so I don't think he's washed up yet.

That said, I think the chances he comes to KC are very, very slim.
I agree with all of this except that last sentence.

I don't think the chances are high but they're better than "slim". The Chiefs have everything he wants except possibly the money.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:47 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I agree with all of this except that last sentence.

I don't think the chances are high but they're better than "slim". The Chiefs have everything he wants except possibly the money.
A "better" chance at a ring by signing for pennies on the dollar doesn't make sense if I'm JJ Watt.

He still gets a "chance" at a ring on a few other teams around the league that can pay him a lot more money than the Chiefs.

The Browns and Ravens are teams I would strongly consider if I were him. The Bills probably can't pay quite as much but they are in a bit better shape against the cap right now than KC.

If he were going to sign for pennies, then you bring in teams like KC, PIT, and GB, but I'd put all 3 as long-shots comparatively.

I'm not saying it can't or won't happen, but I don't consider KC a leader or give them as much of a chance just because we're a slightly better team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 02-24-2021
I think the Browns, Ravens, and maybe the Bills are the most likely destinations.

But GB and KC are right behind them.

I don't think it's likely but I just don't agree with the word "slim". I think there's maybe a 10-15% chance, which isn't actually that bad.
[Reply]
Kman34 02:51 PM 02-24-2021

You don’t get 100% every snap from D-line guys anyway and Frank isn’t out there every snap either.. He would be productive here as line as he stayed healthy... Not sure he’s what I want them spending cap space on anyway..
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
You don’t get 100% every snap from D-line guys anyway and Frank isn’t out there every snap either.. He would be productive here as line as he stayed healthy... Not sure he’s what I want them spending cap space on anyway..
They need bodies at DE. What do you want them to spend cap space on?

If they can get a DE in free agency, it gives them more flexibility in the draft.

This is exactly the kind of move they need to make if the money makes sense.
[Reply]
TEX 03:56 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They need bodies at DE. What do you want them to spend cap space on?

If they can get a DE in free agency, it gives them more flexibility in the draft.

This is exactly the kind of move they need to make if the money makes sense.
This is so spot on. Just drop the mic and walk away...
[Reply]
-King- 04:20 PM 02-24-2021

.@JohnClaytonNFL says JJ Watt won't be coming to Pittsburgh. Tennessee, Green Bay, and Buffalo are the 3 teams. Raiders as a dark horse.

— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
TribalElder 04:29 PM 02-24-2021
He will go to Buffalo

and miss the Super Bowl when they take that L in the playoffs
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:33 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Hmm.

Raiders make zero sense. I’m guessing it ends up being Green Bay if that’s really the only 3 teams he’s deciding between.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 38
« First < 142021222324 2526272834 > Last »
Up