ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 300
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
aturnis 11:57 PM 04-06-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
I'm getting a feeling this show is reaching the end of the road unless they come up with something new and exciting besides a new bunch of bad guys to fight. There's a reason zombie movies are only an hour or so long and I give them credit for how long they held out.
With this logic you'd think the comics ended up being a failure. If the comics are immensely popular, why would following them be a death sentence for the show?
[Reply]
Otter 12:21 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by aturnis:
With this logic you'd think the comics ended up being a failure. If the comics are immensely popular, why would following them be a death sentence for the show?
I'm simply throwing in my 2 cents into the post. Obviously the show is a success. I just think they need to get away from the 'meet the new bad guy for next season' line of writing. Comic book readers aren't mainstream from my experience and TWD on AMC writers are dealing with mainstream which I'm guessing might make a big difference.

Maybe find a military base and start playing with bigger toys. Take over a nuclear powered warship and travel to new and exotic lands maybe.

Hell I dunno, just think they need to break from the current theme.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:32 AM 04-07-2016
Just watched the season finale... very disappointing. That was poorly done.... If you drag out the entire episode like that.... you spend so much effort building up to it, and then leave it without giving anything to the audience.

Just not very pleased with that season finale. :-)
[Reply]
frankotank 02:06 PM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Just watched the season finale... very disappointing. That was poorly done.... If you drag out the entire episode like that.... you spend so much effort building up to it, and then leave it without giving anything to the audience.

Just not very pleased with that season finale. :-)
nicely put.
if they'd have hit one more damned road block!!! :-)
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:58 PM 04-09-2016
I thought the first person vantage during the skull smashing was a pretty neat idea actually. I wasn't bothered by this episode, and can easily move on to other good shows and pick right up during the next season premier.

The writers were smart on this cliffhanger. Think of all of the discussions going on and all of the hype they can use to build to next season. Negan is one hell of a character to bring out. I'm actually excited.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:20 AM 04-10-2016
It was a bullshit ending no matter how you spin it dude. Whoever's death it was lost all meaning. A disaster of a decision.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 01:12 PM 04-11-2016
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
It was a bullshit ending no matter how you spin it dude. Whoever's death it was lost all meaning. A disaster of a decision.
Are us comic book junkies allowed to spoil it? with a spoiler tag? Or has that already been done?
[Reply]
oldandslow 09:28 AM 04-12-2016
Are us comic book junkies allowed to spoil it? with a spoiler tag? Or has that already been done?
Yeah, I think everyone knows how the comics went...doesn't mean the show will, but if I were a betting man I'd bet on a similar outcome.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:32 AM 04-12-2016
This is the ***With Comic Spoilers*** thread, so yes. I typically do the nice thing and put it in a spoiler tag.

This particular one has been mentioned repeatedly. And considering the show sometimes deviates from the comics, it's not a foregone conclusion it'll go down the same way. I think it will, though.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:38 AM 04-12-2016
So for those that are up to date with the comics, tell us how Negan came to be (how close did the show get to the comics in terms of introducing him and such) and if he's still up and running. Spoiler it if you must.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:42 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So for those that are up to date with the comics, tell us how Negan came to be (how close did the show get to the comics in terms of introducing him and such) and if he's still up and running. Spoiler it if you must.
I just got the last issue, so I haven't quite caught up. But if my memory serves...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:48 AM 04-12-2016
I read all the comics up through Compendium 2. Just realized compendium 3 was out (going to order it). But, I started watching the comics through Youtube and the Negan intro was very similar on the show. Lots of dialog taken straight from the comics.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 09:50 AM 04-12-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I just got the last issue, so I haven't quite caught up. But if my memory serves...

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 10:27 AM 04-12-2016
Thanks, fellas.

I hung around in the comics to the point where Coral basically had half his head blown off, then I just faded away. I've thought about catching up on the story, but I'm caught up reading Preacher right now (WAY superior to TWD imo, although both are still great). Negan does intrigue me, though. JMD just killed it in his four minutes of airtime. Kept thinking of him playing the Comedian in Watchmen.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 10:41 AM 04-12-2016
Thanks, fellas.

I hung around in the comics to the point where Coral basically had half his head blown off, then I just faded away. I've thought about catching up on the story, but I'm caught up reading Preacher right now (WAY superior to TWD imo, although both are still great). Negan does intrigue me, though. JMD just killed it in his four minutes of airtime. Kept thinking of him playing the Comedian in Watchmen.
That's the vibe I got as well, JDM's portrayal of The Comedian. He's crazy but not stupid.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 300
« First < 60110150156157158159160 161162163164170210260 > Last »
Up