ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 474 of 2690
« First < 374424464470471472473474 4754764774784845245749741474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Frosty 02:12 PM 08-24-2017
I was gone all weekend and just watched the replay on NFLN. Mahomes' departure from the game was kind of abrupt. Then, after Bray came in and threw his TD, you saw all of the QB's on the sideline except for Mahomes. I was wondering if they pulled him to check for a concussion or other injury? The Bengals homers were blathering on about some bullshit or another so never said one way or another. I just never saw Mahomes on the sideline again.

He's not showing as injured so obviously it was negative if so. Just curious.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:20 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I think I can be excited about a QB that brought us our first playoff victory in 25-years
no one has told you you can't be excited about that victory but that was 2 seasons ago

the future is mahomes ..... in perspective, you are excited about a 1 playoff win past and I am excited about a limitless future

you can't honestly expect people to not be excited about mahomes..alex smith is a known quantity.....Mahomes is still an unknown sparkly honeymoon unicorn
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:43 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
So now you know how it feels when people say the same thing to me on here.

I think I can be excited about a QB that brought us our first playoff victory in 25-years but according to most CP posters I guess that is against the rules?

Never been a fake fan.. Live in Pennsylvania and I been a Chiefs fan since I was a little kid.

Goes both ways buddy.
Yes but can you please be excited about Alex Smith in many other threads. THIS thread is dedicated to Patrick Mahomes II and our excitement for him as Chiefs fans have longed for our own draft pick QBotf for decades.

Please I urge you not keep spouting Alex Smith rhetoric in this thread. People are really sick and tired of it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:00 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
no one has told you you can't be excited about that victory but that was 2 seasons ago

the future is mahomes ..... in perspective, you are excited about a 1 playoff win past and I am excited about a limitless future

you can't honestly expect people to not be excited about mahomes..alex smith is a known quantity.....Mahomes is still an unknown sparkly honeymoon unicorn
Love how much credit Smith gets for Knile Davis housing a kickoff and the defense getting five turnovers, only one of which was converted into three points.

As for excitement for winning a playoff game... Which, by the way, is a curious statement to make, seeing as criticizing Dorsey / Reid for continuing to avoid drafting a QB in an early round until just a few weeks ago wasn't kosher because "they couldn't be held accountable for the failure of past regimes" but now the narrative has become Smith deserves almost-singular recognition for breaking a postseason victory drought. Anyway, that win was followed up with two more losses anyway, so it's not like there's been positive momentum in that regard.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:12 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Love how much credit Smith gets for Knile Davis housing a kickoff and the defense getting five turnovers, only one of which was converted into three points.

As for excitement for winning a playoff game... Which, by the way, is a curious statement to make, seeing as criticizing Dorsey / Reid for continuing to avoid drafting a QB in an early round until just a few weeks ago wasn't kosher because "they couldn't be held accountable for the failure of past regimes" but now the narrative has become Smith deserves almost-singular recognition for breaking a postseason victory drought. Anyway, that win was followed up with two more losses anyway, so it's not like there's been positive momentum in that regard.
Bret Veach told one of our own at TC that Mahomes was two years in the making. If true they fell in love with Mahomes and bought time to get him and now are just buying time for him to get on the field to take over.

Maybe Go Chiefs can enlighten us more about what Veach said to him?
[Reply]
penbrook 03:14 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Bret Veach told one of our own at TC that Mahomes was two years in the making. If true they fell in love with Mahomes and bought time to get him and now are just buying time for him to get on the field to take over.

Maybe Go Chiefs can enlighten us more about what Veach said to him?
Damn. Veach was a Mahomo before any of us were
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:23 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Damn. Veach was a Mahomo before any of us were
Of course he was & probably like many players are scouted years in advance and just keep tabs on. The scouting department probably gets a phone call from a contact and says come to this college we got a guy that you just got to see for yourself. So a scout goes gives the contact a hand shake with a $50 in it and then reports back to HQ and then it goes from there. Those scouts are on the road a lot and they don't get credit unless it just works out.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:23 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
That's enough guys. What you are doing is trolling and disrupting this thread.
Welp, that solves that.
[Reply]
rico 08-24-2017, 04:30 PM
This message has been deleted by rico.
rico 04:53 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Welp, that solves that.
Hmm...more derailing by an Alexsexual.

Do you have anything to say about Mahomes?

Didn't think so. This is a Mahomes thread and we'd all appreciate it if you had something Mahomes-related to add to the discussion.

[Reply]
rico 04:54 PM 08-24-2017
Ugh!!!

Back to Chief Mahomey!!!!

Here is a random story about his dad that I haven't seen mentioned yet. Looks like old man Mahomes likes to guzzle some beers!!! I wonder if we will run into him at Arrowhead, tailgetting and getting drizzunk and what not?!?!? I'd have a beer with him!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...g-game-at-tcu/

Texas Tech QB's Father, an Ex MLB Pitcher Arrested During Game

An alleged confrontation with a TCU fan resulted in Pat Mahomes, the father of Texas Tech star quarterback Patrick Mahomes, getting arrested in Fort Worth on Saturday on public intoxication charges.

Mahomes, 46, was arrested by an off-duty officer and taken to jail "without incident" before getting released on Sunday.

Pat Mahomes played 11 seasons as a pitcher in the major leagues, playing for the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, New York Mets, Texas Rangers, Pittsburgh Pirates and Minnesota Twins during his career. According to one reported witness, Pat Mahomes was kicked out of the TCU student section because "a student" made a scene.

Tweet: Patrick Mahomes dad came by us in the student section to watch and talk to Mahomes, and they kicked him out because a student made a scene.
— Claire Laging (@TClaireU19) October 29, 2016

Another man, 26, was arrested with public intoxication in the same incident at the game, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Patrick Mahomes scored three touchdowns in Texas Tech's 27-24 double overtime win against TCU. The Red Raiders quarterback has already thrown for 3,500 yards on the season and, though a little banged up, is expected to continue his impressive campaign this weekend against in-state rival Texas.

I wonder why he was arrested if it was the student that caused the scene?? Maybe he was drunk and got in a spat with him?!?!?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:09 PM 08-24-2017
I'd get him a cold one from the "good" cooler!!!!!
[Reply]
kccrow 07:20 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by rico:
Back to Mahomes, Bucky Brooks graded a player from each team. He graded Mahomes for the Chiefs and wrote the following excerpt:

Patrick Mahomes, QB: The dual-threat playmaker is certainly impressive playing on the edges, but it has been his exceptional efficiency and effectiveness from the pocket that has earned him rave reviews this preseason. In completing 10 of his 14 passes for 88 yards and two scores in Cincy, Mahomes displayed outstanding timing and anticipation on a variety of quick-rhythm routes, also showcasing athleticism and improvisational skills. Although he still needs to rein in some of his gunslinging ways, the Chiefs' QB of the future is developing ahead of schedule. Grade: A

Bucky Brooks gave him an A!!!!
Surprising given that Brooks absolutely hated on Mahomes in pre-draft discussions. He was so hung up on the fixable flaws that he couldn't see the tools this kid already possessed.
[Reply]
rico 07:24 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Surprising given that Brooks absolutely hated on Mahomes in pre-draft discussions. He was so hung up on the fixable flaws that he couldn't see the tools this kid already possessed.
I didn't realize that!!!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:39 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Proof sources, please
[Reply]
beach tribe 07:42 PM 08-24-2017
This shit STILL doesn't feel real to me.

I watch this guy play and there is NO ****ING DOUBT that we hit on this pick.
The Kansas City Chiefs have drafted a stud Franchise QB.

I wish I could give every last one of you a hug.
Well, the ones who deserve this.
The ones who have been through the shit, and watched other teams come into town with their shiny young QBs and kicked our asses.

Well now it's our turn.

Fate has shined on us brothers and I know why....

BECAUSE CHIEFS MOTHER ****ERS!!!
[Reply]
Page 474 of 2690
« First < 374424464470471472473474 4754764774784845245749741474 > Last »
Up