« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
RunKC 02:02 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It depends.

The Broncos won’t be the only team in the AFC to make moves.

Either way, that’s a team with a lot of needs, and potentially more depending on what happens with guys like Miller and Simmons. If they trade 3 high picks for Watson, they won’t be making many significant improvements elsewhere anytime soon.

The type of teams that make sense for Watson have more draft capital and/or are ready to win their division now with him.
Based on what? The assumption is that Elway isn’t the GM anymore and the new guy has full control over personnel.

He’s never been a GM before, but we know the Vikings have been one of the better drafting teams.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:02 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It has literally happened before, just a few years ago.

Getting postseason success by ensnaring an elite QB in trade or free agency isn't exactly reinventing the wheel.

I know we all hate Denver but good lord. When did this place turn into the Arrowhead Pride comment section.
So you're comparing Watson to Peyton Manning? :-)

Look, I hate Denver just as much as the next Chiefs fan, but even I can objectively recognize all time greatness. Watson has a LONG ways to go before he attains that status.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:02 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Denver organization is horribly run and inept at several levels.

They're not better than the Texans were last year under BOB.
This.

If Watson is trying to escape a franchise that is being poorly run by the incompetent son/family of the recently deceased owner then it would make no sense for him to walk into the similar situation in Denver.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 01-28-2021
The Texans' boat was broken, though. That ship was taking on water with BOB and Romeo Crennel, that was not some league-average situation.

The Broncos are probably a league-average situation dragged down by garbage quarterbacking.

If you put Watson on the 2020 Broncos, that team probably does go to the playoffs and pushes the Bills. I'd put them on par with the Ravens.

That means I probably take the 2020 Chiefs over them 9 times out of 10, because we are that good. But that's still a damn good team that isn't too far away from AFCCG level talent.

Von Miller, of course, is the wild card.
Dude, the Denver organization is in almost as much turmoil as the Texans. They just have more liquor involved and less Jesus.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:03 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Based on what? The assumption is that Elway isn’t the GM anymore and the new guy has full control over personnel.

He’s never been a GM before, but we know the Vikings have been one of the better drafting teams.
Everywhere except the most important position on the field.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:04 PM 01-28-2021
Let's assuage your fears. The Texans prefer to send him to the NFC, according to Rapoport. The Jets or Dolphins may be able to get him just because of the amount and quality of their picks, bit that's probably it.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:05 PM 01-28-2021
The Texans' boat was broken, though. That ship was taking on water with BOB and Romeo Crennel, that was not some league-average situation.

The Broncos are probably a league-average situation dragged down by garbage quarterbacking.

If you put Watson on the 2020 Broncos, that team probably does go to the playoffs and pushes the Bills. I'd put them on par with the Ravens.

That means I probably take the 2020 Chiefs over them 9 times out of 10, because we are that good. But that's still a damn good team that isn't too far away from AFCCG level talent.

Von Miller, of course, is the wild card.
You must think a lot more highly of the Donkos roster than the rest of us here.

Clearly, we're just gonna have to agree to disagree at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:05 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I said they won’t be making many not any.

It’s going to be very difficult to fill all of those other needs, which is quite a long list, with no early picks the next 2+ years.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:05 PM 01-28-2021
It has literally happened before, just a few years ago.

Getting postseason success by ensnaring an elite QB in trade or free agency isn't exactly reinventing the wheel.

I know we all hate Denver but good lord. When did this place turn into the Arrowhead Pride comment section.
Watson isnt Peyton Manning. Big difference between those 2.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:08 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I said they won’t be making many not any.

It’s going to be very difficult to fill all of those other needs, which is quite a long list, with no early picks the next 2+ years.
In addition to taking on Watson's 30+ million dollar cap hit vs. Lock's 'basically free' contract right now for a rookie.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:09 PM 01-28-2021
My prediction: Watson stays with Houston.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:09 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hope he goes to the Raiders or Broncos and if not then I hope he goes to a contender. That's the only way that some of you will realize that he's not as good as you think he is.

Last years Texans team was a good team and Watson showed just what kind of choke artist he is. B.O.B gets all the blame, but Watson is the reason they couldn't beat us after being up by 24. I want him to go somewhere that no one can make any excuses for him.
So it had nothing to do with HOU having a bad run defense, the worst RZ defense in the regular season, the worst 3rd down defense, and one of the worst RZ TD defenses in the league?

How odd.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:10 PM 01-28-2021
Guys, we have Mahomes.

He, with elite offensive weapons, was one possession away from dragging the league's worst defense to the Super Bowl in 2018.

With an elite QB, which Watson definitely is, the Broncos don't have to make expert moves. That team is largely built to go to the AFCCG with Watson. It needs upgrades across the defense but if Elway gets lucky for one offseason, you never know. It's literally happened before in Denver, less than a decade ago.
Denver's roster is more comparable to this year's Houston Texans roster which even with Watson was a 4-12 football team.

Also be prepared to subtract potential key players from Denver's current roster if they are trading for Watson, as it will take veteran players + draft picks to get him.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:11 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
My prediction: Watson stays with Houston.
I think so too. At least to start the season. Whatever happens after depends on how much of a dick Watson is willing to be.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:12 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Everywhere except the most important position on the field.
Which is why I think they’ll be in on Stafford, maybe Watson. Probably Stafford bc he won’t cost multiple 1st rd picks and he’s cheap the next 2 years.

If I’m Paton I get the QB. They have a good defense under Fangio, OL is significantly better and they have a stable of weapons.

They’re a playoff team with a good QB
[Reply]
Page 16 of 68
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up