ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 78 of 221
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:11 AM 03-24-2015
Thanks Radar Chief now I want to get to Grove all that much more
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:22 AM 03-24-2015
I'm picking up my new Lowe Fishing Machine this Saturday. Can't wait to get it broke in and then spend many weekends at Truman catching limits of crappie.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:07 PM 03-24-2015
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I'm picking up my new Lowe Fishing Machine this Saturday. Can't wait to get it broke in and then spend many weekends at Truman catching limits of crappie.
next time you head this way shoot me a PM.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:54 AM 03-25-2015
Lowe make a good boat... Wheres the pics?

Congrats
[Reply]
Dartgod 06:32 AM 03-25-2015
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Lowe make a good boat... Wheres the pics?

Congrats
I know reading is hard for Faider fans, but I don't get it until Saturday. I'll post pictures once I have it.

In the mean time, here is a link to some pretty pictures from the manufacturers web site.

http://www.loweboats.com/fishing-machine/FM165-Pro-WT/
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:04 AM 03-29-2015
Pretty sure I know the answer to this but checking the braintrust of CP.

Been charging my trolling motor deep cycle battery getting it ready off and on for a month or so. Each time I go to charge it, I check the volts and it reads about 12.1. Well I charged it all day yesterday and it never completed at 2 amps. It usually does complete but takes some time like all day. It read 14.1 or something like that when I stopped yesterday. Put it back on this morning.

It is 5 years old this spring. It may not be toast but not sure I should trust it under a heavy load if I have motor problems. What does the planet think.? TIA.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:09 AM 03-30-2015
It's mine, all mine!
Attached: 20150328_151652.jpg (123.0 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:13 PM 03-30-2015
It's mine, all mine!
Two favorite days Dartgod, two favorite days
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:04 PM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Pretty sure I know the answer to this but checking the braintrust of CP.

Been charging my trolling motor deep cycle battery getting it ready off and on for a month or so. Each time I go to charge it, I check the volts and it reads about 12.1. Well I charged it all day yesterday and it never completed at 2 amps. It usually does complete but takes some time like all day. It read 14.1 or something like that when I stopped yesterday. Put it back on this morning.

It is 5 years old this spring. It may not be toast but not sure I should trust it under a heavy load if I have motor problems. What does the planet think.? TIA.
Your voltages look pretty good, not sure I'd be in a hurry to replace.
Course, if you go out and get stranded don't go blaming "that fucking Radar guy on CP" for it. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:17 PM 03-30-2015
Sweet spankin new boat, Dartgod... thanks for sharing that.

Looks like fishing weather is finally here, supposed to be warm all week, gonna go get the line wet this weekend.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:48 PM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Looks like fishing weather is finally here, supposed to be warm all week, gonna go get the line wet this weekend.
Thanks. I got it registered and licensed this morning. Hope to take it out to Longview this weekend to break in the motor and then I can get down to some fishing. Won't be long before the crappie are spawning the way the weather has been and will be.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 01:48 PM 03-30-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

About freak'n time too.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:50 PM 03-30-2015
Thanks. I got it registered and licensed this morning. Hope to take it out to Longview this weekend to break in the motor and then I can get down to some fishing. Won't be long before the crappie are spawning the way the weather has been and will be.
Good luck, hope you knock 'em dead.

Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
About freak'n time too.
:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:01 PM 04-05-2015
The new season of River Monsters starts tonight at 8 central, this time he's after a supposed 20 foot creature in a Canadian lake.

He says we havent seen every monster out there yet, but I'd bet good money that what he ends up with is a sturgeon... and he's already been there and done that in Alaska.

I'm gonna break something if he suckers me on this...
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 02:41 PM 04-05-2015
Fat bass are slowly moving back into shallows. Caught a 21 inch female this week. She was cruising the shallows. Probably half ripe with eggs. Bluegills are getting active as well
[Reply]
Page 78 of 221
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288128178 > Last »
Up