Nzoner's Game Room>Thinking of getting re married
blackkatesmiranda 11:00 PM 01-11-2018
Thinking of getting re married .
Turned 50 11-22

Good , Bad or ???
Experiences ?
Kids ?

**Im out of the loop & friends I think are always afraid to say

Married to what I thought was love of my life 20 plus years but ended badly.
Will that screw up all other relationships ?
Brutal honesty always of course .....

Advice
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:19 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Honestly in 2018 USA I'm not sure why any man gets married.

You gain nothing and risk everything. It's a 1 sided contract. You can be in relationships without signing a 1 sided contract.
kind of this

i mean unless you are crazy enough to be wanting to have kids

but thats crazy....

you want your 50's and 60's to be fun and all about building up towards retirement

if this is like some younger hot chick who needs help and shes not a legitimate partner and bringing as much to the table financially as you and REALLY going to help you build toward retirement.....then do not do this...

if she is not wanting and needing to sign a prenuptial as much as you , do not even consider this....

you alreasdy know that love is more than pussy and fucking

it is a business and life partnership as well...

be careful my dude we love u
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:26 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Marriage disrupts the natural power balance between men and women, to the detriment of men.

The only issue would be if minor children were involved, but since you're 50, that's unlikely.

Assuming no kids, don't even entertain the idea of marriage. You're just handing over half your shit for nothing, and that unearned power will make your woman crazy and take away your options for dealing with her.
This. Travel the world on your own. Enjoy the tastes of other countries and their women. I definitely would not marry an American chick. You'll end up on some #metoo list.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:29 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Google "marriage as a horse race".

Warning NSFW
:-) NSFW

[Reply]
Eureka 07:46 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Honestly in 2018 USA I'm not sure why any man gets married.

You gain nothing and risk everything. It's a 1 sided contract. You can be in relationships without signing a 1 sided contract.
I’m going to ask my lady to marry me this year. I’m 37 and she’s 38. We’ve never been married. She’s better off than me financially. She’s a Dr, in shape and very sweet to me. I’m now a returning college student and plan on joining the police acedmy at the end of the year.

Does a woman being better off financially make a difference about the guy getting married?
[Reply]
Dave Lane 07:55 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Are you really serious? I serious doubt I will ever do it again. Almost 20 years married. Like not having the baggage.
This. Fucking run. Have a long term girl friend. It's what I've done for 10 years.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:35 PM 01-12-2018
You won't need a wife. Come next season Mahomes will satisfy all your needs.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:07 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Does a woman being better off financially make a difference about the guy getting married?
Just as long as you don’t mind hearing about it every single day until you’re in the morgue
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:09 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by bevischief:
Are you really serious? I serious doubt I will ever do it again. Almost 20 years married. Like not having the baggage.
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

You're brilliant in your own way my friend.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:13 PM 01-12-2018
I’m going to ask my lady to marry me this year. I’m 37 and she’s 38. We’ve never been married. She’s better off than me financially. She’s a Dr, in shape and very sweet to me. I’m now a returning college student and plan on joining the police acedmy at the end of the year.

That's a bullet she'll be firing during the inevitable fights.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 10:13 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Just as long as you don’t mind hearing about it every single day until you’re in the morgue
:-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:20 PM 01-12-2018
I was married for 20, been with a live in SO for 10 years, Both have their points but a woman who's life will take a huge downturn is much easier to deal with than the one who will try to take 70% of your shit. One who has their own money is like a unicorn.

I feel better with a simple cohabitation agreement, Our names are both on the house along with a trust with a contract that says basically that if she leaves me she gets a flat $20 grand, If I throw her out she gets $40K. or enough for a DP on a place.

I'd be more than happy to discuss privately the financial arrangements I have made.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:00 PM 01-12-2018
Ever hear of a prenuptial agreement? IMHO the less lawyers are involved...

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Don't. Just **** women and become an alcoholic you'll have fun then one day you die.
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Marriage disrupts the natural power balance between men and women, to the detriment of men.

The only issue would be if minor children were involved, but since you're 50, that's unlikely.

Assuming no kids, don't even entertain the idea of marriage. You're just handing over half your shit for nothing, and that unearned power will make your woman crazy and take away your options for dealing with her.

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 12:19 AM 01-13-2018

As long as you understand you're always #3 behind herself and her career.

If she has kids, forget about it.

JMO.

However, if she's a childless career woman be careful. She may view you as nothing more than a potential sperm donor happy and willing to dump you into the gutter once she gets what she wants. Plus a chunk of your earnings for a child you'll rarely see.

I'm not saying she DOES, but man... men are WAY too oblivious to the machinations of women.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:59 AM 01-13-2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:13 AM 01-13-2018

I wouldn't give a flying fuck if my wife made more.

She could tell me about it every day and come home from work and demand I munch her box. Wouldn't give a shit.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up