ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 457 of 662
« First < 357407447453454455456457 458459460461467507557 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 10:41 AM 07-20-2016
An LA Times reporter is saying that Lesnar tested positive for an estrogen blocker, just like Jon Jones. So, I assume that is not in an inhaler and that story was bullshit?
[Reply]
Sfeihc 11:12 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by alnorth:
An LA Times reporter is saying that Lesnar tested positive for an estrogen blocker, just like Jon Jones. So, I assume that is not in an inhaler and that story was bullshit?

"I'm just a jacked white boy, get over it!" :-)

He left out, "with a awful tattoo".
[Reply]
New World Order 11:17 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by Sfeihc:
"I'm just a jacked white boy, get over it!" :-)

He left out, "with a awful tattoo".

It's a giant penis
[Reply]
alnorth 11:25 AM 07-20-2016
Chad Mendes just got the maximum 1st-time 2 year suspension from USADA. He tested positive for a growth hormone.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 12:22 PM 07-20-2016
Chad Mendes just got the maximum 1st-time 2 year suspension from USADA. He tested positive for a growth hormone.
He got caught red-handed with HGH. Will Bones and Brock get the same for estrogen blockers?

I think Nate Diaz was right. They are all on steroids.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:26 PM 07-20-2016
The other day I thought I was watching a Clay Matthews interview on tv, turned out to be Holly Holm.
[Reply]
alnorth 12:30 PM 07-20-2016
He got caught red-handed with HGH. Will Bones and Brock get the same for estrogen blockers?

I think Nate Diaz was right. They are all on steroids.
Depends on if they can prove tainted supplements.

If you are cynical, you can picture them sending a dump truck to every GNC in New Mexico, buying everything off the shelf, test everything, and if they find one with non-labelled estrogen blockers, claim they took that one.

It may be hard though, you'd think supplements are usually tainted with steroids. If they can't convince USADA that they didn't knowingly take something, then yes, they will get 2 years.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 02:02 PM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The other day I thought I was watching a Clay Matthews interview on tv, turned out to be Holly Holm.
This made me LOL. Do she and Bones share pharmacists?

On another note, have you guys heard the story about Bones hiding under the cage at Jackson/Winklejohn's one day when USADA came calling?
[Reply]
alnorth 02:09 PM 07-20-2016

All 16 fighters for TUF 24 will be flyweight champions for various promotions around the world. I assume the winner will eventually fight Mighty Mouse.

edit: lol, how good could the champion of Alaska FC possibly be?
confirmed, the winner of TUF 24 will get a title shot.
[Reply]
alnorth 02:41 PM 07-20-2016
Jose Aldo had a spy in Frankie Edgar's training room for the entire week leading up to UFC 200. It probably wasn't anyone from Edgar's gym but they don't give each fighter their own training room, they usually divide everyone in 2 groups. When Aldo looked at the list in Edgar's group he saw either a fighter or a cornerman (he won't say who) in Edgar's group that he knew would let him know what Edgar was working on. Its not the first time, Aldo says he usually finds someone who will help spy for him at every fight.

Edgar was training hard for takedowns against legkicks. Aldo's spy warned him that Edgar was obviously going to sell out for a takedown if Aldo kicks, so thats why Aldo didn't throw hardly any kicks even though he's known for throwing them.
[Reply]
Sfeihc 02:50 PM 07-20-2016
Jose Aldo had a spy in Frankie Edgar's training room for the entire week leading up to UFC 200. It probably wasn't anyone from Edgar's gym but they don't give each fighter their own training room, they usually divide everyone in 2 groups. When Aldo looked at the list in Edgar's group he saw either a fighter or a cornerman (he won't say who) in Edgar's group that he knew would let him know what Edgar was working on. Its not the first time, Aldo says he usually finds someone who will help spy for him at every fight.

Edgar was training hard for takedowns against legkicks. Aldo's spy warned him that Edgar was obviously going to sell out for a takedown if Aldo kicks, so thats why Aldo didn't throw hardly any kicks even though he's known for throwing them.
Just read this on twitter. Aldo is a creep. A talented creep but still a creep. Can't wait until he bails on his sixth UFC title fight.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:36 PM 07-20-2016
Frankie Edgar's coach said he doesn't really care, there were 4 rounds after the first. They could see what Aldo was doing and he felt they should have been able to adjust to it better.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:44 PM 07-20-2016
Just read this on twitter. Aldo is a creep. A talented creep but still a creep. Can't wait until he bails on his sixth UFC title fight.

He can't beat conor
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:26 PM 07-20-2016
confirmed, the winner of TUF 24 will get a title shot.
Several UFC vets in that crew. I'm pulling for Tim Elliot. He's a great guy and a decent fighter, but he can't beat MM
[Reply]
alnorth 07:36 AM 07-21-2016
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/21...change-in-10-8

The organization which controls the unified rules of MMA is going to vote on a significant change in scoring on August 1st. If passed (which is expected), it'll be effective 1/1/2017.

First, the rules will more clearly state that scoring should be based on striking and grappling. If and only if the 2 fighters are 100% equal in those two criteria, then you consider aggression and control, but you shouldn't consider them at all if one fighter is more effective at striking or grappling.

Second, judges are going to be strongly encouraged to give 10-8 scores more often. 3 new criteria are proposed for what score to give to the loser when judging a round: Damage, Dominance, and Duration. If the winning fighter has 2 of them, a 10-8 should be considered. If a fighter has all 3 of them, then a 10-8 is mandatory and a 10-7 should be considered.

Damage based on striking is obvious. Bruising, swelling, lacerations, etc. Damage from grappling should be assessed based on diminished energy and confidence.

Dominance based on striking is when one fighter is continually on offense and the other fighter is basically just defending without effectively countering. Grappling dominance is scored only if a fighter has a dominant position AND is constantly going for fight-ending finishes. If you just hold a dominant position and wrestle then you don't get dominance.

Duration is based on how much of the round one fighter is on offense relative to the other fighter. That may sound similar to dominance, but if its equal for 3 minutes then one fighter gets tagged and swarmed for the last two, that might be dominance but it would probably not be duration.
[Reply]
Page 457 of 662
« First < 357407447453454455456457 458459460461467507557 > Last »
Up