ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
redfan 10:30 AM 02-14-2021
I'm by KCI, where it's currently 1 degree and snowing. It hasn't been above 10 in a few days, low for tonight is -8 and tomorrow's forecast is -13. Hasn't been this cold in 30+ years! Fuck this shit!!
[Reply]
Bowser 10:40 AM 02-14-2021
Heater just went out in my place. Sitting here at 63 degrees and dropping. I'm not frigging cold yet, but kinda chilly.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:45 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Heater just went out in my place. Sitting here at 63 degrees and dropping. I'm not frigging cold yet, but kinda chilly.
Dang that's not cool. Well, I mean I'm sure it's cool in your house..
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:45 AM 02-14-2021
Yikes bro... better go get you a good space heater rite nao
[Reply]
New World Order 10:50 AM 02-14-2021
I would go to Lowe's and get a Space Heater.

I don't have any heat in my bedroom (just went out) but the space heater has kept me somewhat warm.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:53 AM 02-14-2021
Most likely a dirty flame sensor. Shut off your furnace at the disconnect switch mounted on it, should look like a light switch, restart it and listen to the startup sequence. If you hear the burner fire up and then go out a few seconds later, that's what it is and it's an easy fix you can do yourself.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:54 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Most likely a dirty flame sensor. Shut off your furnace at the disconnect switch mounted on it, should look like a light switch, restart it and listen to the startup sequence. If you hear the burner fire up and then go out a few seconds later, that's what it is and it's an easy fix you can do yourself.
It's the motor, she's kaput. Run to Lowe's incoming.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:57 AM 02-14-2021
It's the motor, she's kaput. Run to Lowe's incoming.
Blower motor...I'll be damned. Disregard my previous response to LiveSteam. :-)

But it could just be a bad cap, you can still try the trick he mentioned.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:10 PM 02-14-2021
This is something I do at the start of the cold season every year now, since I don't want to worry about it crapping out on a day like this. Take out the little 3" sensor rod and give it a good scraping. Furnace tech showed me how to do it the first time 18 years or so ago (the first time it quit working). Change the filter at the start of each month and doing that (also cleaning the furnace out occasionally) seems to have done the trick - never had any problems with my 20 year old furnace. Knock on wood.

Another thing I did that fucked up the furnace was putting in one of the expensive hyper-allogenic filters. Made the furnace quit working. The tech guy told me to use the cheapy $1 filters. Said the filter was for the benefit of the furnace, not me, and those expensive filters fuck up the air flow.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:44 AM 02-14-2021
Jesus thats not good if your in the midwest right now.
You dnt have a fireplace??
I wont ever be without a wood burning stove.
I never use mine anymore. But I always keep 48 hours worth of wood for it. Just in case power should go out
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:47 AM 02-14-2021
My furnace fan went out a few years back.
Called Bugs. He told me. Turn it on and then go hand spin the squirrel cage. Your capacitor took a crap.
So you might try that trick Bowser
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:55 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
My furnace fan went out a few years back.
Called Bugs. He told me. Turn it on and then go hand spin the squirrel cage. Your capacitor took a crap.
So you might try that trick Bowser
That's what you try if the fan doesn't come on. The funny thing about that is it happens far more when the AC is in use than the heat.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:58 AM 02-14-2021
That's what you try if the fan doesn't come on. The funny thing about that is it happens far more when the AC is in use than the heat.
I just leave the fan on 24/7 now.
[Reply]
2112 11:16 AM 02-14-2021
I had a problem with my furnace like 20 years ago on super bowl Sunday and it was 2 degrees out. It kept ticking but it wouldn’t ignite. My friend told me to take the cover off and bang on the manifold and woooosh it ignited. I’d set the thermostat to 80 and then shut it off. I had to do that shit all day until I could get the part on Monday. It was the igniter.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:21 AM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I had a problem with my furnace like 20 years ago on super bowl Sunday and it was 2 degrees out. It kept ticking but it wouldn’t ignite. My friend told me to take the cover off and bang on the manifold and woooosh it ignited. I’d set the thermostat to 80 and then shut it off. I had to do that shit all day until I could get the part on Monday. It was the igniter.
Huh, that sounds more like a sticky gas valve, sometimes they won't open and giving them a whack will get them going temporarily. Those intermittent spark ignitions are generally pretty damn reliable, but they will fail eventually like anything else.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up