ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
DaneMcCloud 05:34 PM 12-10-2020

Patty Jenkins to Direct ‘Star Wars’ Movie ‘Rogue Squadron’ https://t.co/VWRtzkoTpP

— Variety (@Variety) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 12-10-2020

Watch the sizzle reel for #Andor, the new Disney Plus series following Diego Luna's #StarWars character https://t.co/4TzQBR5dFm pic.twitter.com/NFs0hhjeEK

— Variety (@Variety) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:43 PM 12-10-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:48 PM 12-10-2020

A sneak peek at Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an all-new animated Original Series from Lucasfilm Animation, coming soon to #DisneyPlus pic.twitter.com/V0jQc4XNIe

— Star Wars (@starwars) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:54 PM 12-10-2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:55 PM 12-11-2020
Hayden Christensen Returns. Dane rejoices!!

Hayden Christensen returns as Darth Vader, joining Ewan McGregor in OBI-WAN KENOBI. The Original Series begins 10 years after the dramatic events of Revenge of the Sith, and is coming to #DisneyPlus. pic.twitter.com/9WR2npRUkk

— Star Wars (@starwars) December 10, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 02:40 PM 12-11-2020
Welcome to yesterday, Deberg.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:46 PM 12-11-2020
There's just so. much.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:09 PM 12-11-2020
That sucks (the Hayden thing). Was looking forward to Obi-Wan movies. Not anymore. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:13 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
That sucks (the Hayden thing). Was looking forward to Obi-Wan movies. Not anymore. :-)
Not sure why he was chosen if hes just playing Vader? Any big guy could have done that.

Curious decision.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:29 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Not sure why he was chosen if hes just playing Vader? Any big guy could have done that.

Curious decision.
I cant stand this pick. I was soooo looking forward to some new Vader on film and they bring back Hayden. He sucked so bad. His movies post Star Wars sucked. Why?
[Reply]
Bowser 05:06 PM 12-11-2020
Vader is Vader, no matter who is under the suit. They'll have James Earl Jones or the next closest voice voicing him. Christensen will be there for the flashback scenes which will likely limit his screen time, maybe? I can deal with him being back to get us all some more Vader.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:41 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Vader is Vader, no matter who is under the suit. They'll have James Earl Jones or the next closest voice voicing him. Christensen will be there for the flashback scenes which will likely limit his screen time, maybe? I can deal with him being back to get us all some more Vader.
As I mentioned earlier, Deborah Chow is the show runner and her episodes of The Mandalorian were phenomenal, as was her work on Mr. Robot.

Everyone in town knows Christensen’s limitations so I highly doubt they’re going to feature him extensively, unless he’s made massive strides as an actor in the past 15 years. And while I wouldn’t rule that out as happening, I don’t expect it, either.

Bottom line is that if it didn’t work in the table reads, there’s no way they would have moved forward with him.

One more thing: He and Ewan were pretty freaking phenomenal during their epic lightsaber battle in Mustafar so hopefully, part of the reason he’s part of the series is so that we can see another epic lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:00 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As I mentioned earlier, Deborah Chow is the show runner and her episodes of The Mandalorian were phenomenal, as was her work on Mr. Robot.

Everyone in town knows Christensen’s limitations so I highly doubt they’re going to feature him extensively, unless he’s made massive strides as an actor in the past 15 years. And while I wouldn’t rule that out as happening, I don’t expect it, either.

Bottom line is that if it didn’t work in the table reads, there’s no way they would have moved forward with him.

One more thing: He and Ewan were pretty freaking phenomenal during their epic lightsaber battle in Mustafar so hopefully, part of the reason he’s part of the series is so that we can see another epic lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader.
Will they run across each other post ep3? I didn’t read any of the EU, but I took it as their exchange in ep4 as they haven’t seen each other since Moustafar.

And yes. The final battle in ep3 was phenomenal.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:26 PM 12-11-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Will they run across each other post ep3? I didn’t read any of the EU, but I took it as their exchange in ep4 as they haven’t seen each other since Moustafar.

And yes. The final battle in ep3 was phenomenal.
I don't know anything about the upcoming story just yet. They hired several different writers for the Film version, all of which were discarded in favor of a Disney+ TV series, then dumped all of those scripts once The Mandalorian began airing because the overall theme of the series was too similar (instead of The Mando protecting Grogu, it was Obi Wan protecting Luke).

I don't think they should concern themselves with what was said in A New Hope. There was an implication that Vader and Obi Wan hadn't seen each other in quite some time but whether that was 20 years or 10 years (which is when the series is reportedly set) or even 5 years, they should just go with whatever makes the story work.

One line of dialog that they'll never get past is that Obi Wan states "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the old Republic... before the dark times... before the Empire", which was contradicted by Palpatine when he said "I will not allow this Republic, which has stood for 1,000 years...".

I just want a great story and hope we see at least one lightsaber battle between Obi Wan and Vader, regardless of that dialog. They could pull the old "From a certain point of view" to make up for the time that had passed between their last encounter and their most recent encounter.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up