ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 332 of 3903
« First < 232282322328329330331332 3333343353363423824328321332 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:44 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Because France and the US have so much in common.
Lolwut?
[Reply]
TLO 03:45 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But here's what's been interesting - at least to whatever extent you can trust these numbers.

It seems that critical case rates spiked significantly in Italy several days before the mortality rates did. Meanwhile the US critical case rates appears to have held pretty steady.

And man, it's possible I'm standing at a crossing watching down the traintracks as a bus is approaching from my left that I'll simply never see coming. But I've taken the 'overrun our health systems' calls at face value from the start because they're inherently sensible. And IF that's the case, if that's truly the key distinction between benign outcomes and mortality spikes, then that's the key metric to track. May turn out that there's a universal constant and infections will yield the same number of critical cases in all nations - in which case that bus will drill me. But for right now, that's the area I've focused my attention on.

And unfortunately I'm simply consuming too much of this shit to keep track of it at this point, but from what I have seen, our critical care rates have remained awfully reasonable and significantly better than others - at least to this point.

Because every day has been the longest week of my life over the last 8-10 days, everything could be different by Wednesday. But so far there are still some signs out there to be encouraged by.

Again - this will obviously get worse before it gets better. And yes, the numbers will go up (including, eventually, the daily death toll) - but so long as our medical system isn't overrun, we'll come out of this just fine. So in light of that its critical to watch the revs, not just the speedometer.
You should stick around and post more. I like your optimism
[Reply]
Donger 03:46 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Do you think the US can do that?
Yes.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:46 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But here's what's been interesting - at least to whatever extent you can trust these numbers.

It seems that critical case rates spiked significantly in Italy several days before the mortality rates did. Meanwhile the US critical case rates appears to have held pretty steady.

And man, it's possible I'm standing at a crossing watching down the traintracks as a bus is approaching from my left that I'll simply never see coming. But I've taken the 'overrun our health systems' calls at face value from the start because they're inherently sensible. And IF that's the case, if that's truly the key distinction between benign outcomes and mortality spikes, then that's the key metric to track. May turn out that there's a universal constant and infections will yield the same number of critical cases in all nations - in which case that bus will drill me. But for right now, that's the area I've focused my attention on.

And unfortunately I'm simply consuming too much of this shit to keep track of it at this point, but from what I have seen, our critical care rates have remained awfully reasonable and significantly better than others - at least to this point.

Because every day has been the longest week of my life over the last 8-10 days, everything could be different by Wednesday. But so far there are still some signs out there to be encouraged by.

Again - this will obviously get worse before it gets better. And yes, the numbers will go up (including, eventually, the daily death toll) - but so long as our medical system isn't overrun, we'll come out of this just fine. So in light of that its critical to watch the revs, not just the speedometer.
The critical rate in the US right and has been <1%. Now that is separate from the mortality rate as it only includes active cases, obviously.
[Reply]
Bwana 03:47 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Do you think the US can do that?
Yep
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:47 PM 03-16-2020
No reason we shouldn't be able to, its mostly common sense stuff.
Please tell me how to common sense providing enough testing together and also prevent people who are quarantined from spreading it to their families. How does common sense put together the stadium-level housing needed to truly quarantine infected people. Let's just common sense the drive-thru testing centers needed. I mean, common sense guys that's all you need to prevent the people with no symptoms from spreading this.

Common sense, lmao
[Reply]
Spott 03:49 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Lolwut?
The French don’t recognize personal space at all, so it’s not surprising that they would spread it quicker. It doesn’t help matters when everyone over there smokes and rarely wash their hands after using the bathroom.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:49 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Please tell me how to common sense providing enough testing together and also prevent people who are quarantined from spreading it to their families. How does common sense put together the stadium-level housing needed to truly quarantine infected people. Let's just common sense the drive-thru testing centers needed. I mean, common sense guys that's all you need to prevent the people with no symptoms from spreading this.

Common sense, lmao
Hes the same dumb fuck who said this was just another flu.

Seriously the guy is a dipshit take the advice of the surgeon general not some wannabe on CP.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:49 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Common sense, lmao
You are aware that the social distancing is the most important aspect of this not testing right?

You keep crying for testing but you cant test your way out of it. No idea why people think that.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:49 PM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
The French don’t recognize personal space at all, so it’s not surprising that they would spread it quicker. It doesn’t help matters when everyone over there smokes and rarely wash their hands after using the bathroom.
Did you see the pictures of Westport this weekend?
[Reply]
petegz28 03:49 PM 03-16-2020
The number of deaths is going up double digits today. 15 so far. We are still at a 1.8% mortality rate in this country compared to 2.5% last week but today is not a good day.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:50 PM 03-16-2020
Hes the same dumb **** who said this was just another flu.

Seriously the guy is a dipshit take the advice of the surgeon general not some wannabe on CP.
I didn't say that, but it's still not proven to be anything more than that unless you're over 50 with an underlying health condition.
[Reply]
Spott 03:51 PM 03-16-2020
Did you see the pictures of Westport this weekend?
I haven’t been to Westport since the 90’s.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:51 PM 03-16-2020
You are aware that the social distancing is the most important aspect of this not testing right?

You keep crying for testing but you cant test your way out of it. No idea why people think that.
Because you have no idea where the virus actually is. You're just being hopeful not actually coming up with a solution. Social distancing only slows and flattens the graph.

When people start coming down with this in huge numbers everything is going to change, we're still in the infancy. Italy's numbers are jumping up at a huge rate despite social distancing.

The only countries that are actually achieving anything are ones utilizing widespread testing like China and South Korea.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:52 PM 03-16-2020
Since it is taking longer for obvious reasons before people are listed as "recovered" there is going to be a period of time where the number of deaths is higher than the number of recoveries. That being said as the days pass I think we will see the recovery numbers start to spike.
[Reply]
Page 332 of 3903
« First < 232282322328329330331332 3333343353363423824328321332 > Last »
Up