ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 386
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287337 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:20 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Ok I'll bite. Lets say it was 4 AM and Dawn came at 5 AM. 1 hour would have been too long still. My argument still holds. You are being dense. I'm done with you.

An hour from start of events (Dothraki charging) to end of events (NK toast) is a logical timeframe to work with.

We see a lot of desperate scenes that last a few minutes here and there but don’t have a way to connect all of the exact sequences.

Once they break through the wall and the night king stops directly them actively, many of the wights turn into shambling, wandering messes. They’re not all massing and trying to overrun the defenders remaining.

Your analysis hinges on placing intelligent reactions on mindless zombies and on an extrapolated timeline.

I disagree with it. But call names all you want.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:21 AM 04-29-2019
BTW Dany morphing into Arya after not wielding a weapon at any time previous was great....I just can't stop lol.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:22 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Yeah, watching the behind the scenes post show, they were talking about how they'd decided on Arya to deliver the killing blow, rather than Jon. So they didn't get that from GRRM.

I think we'll have a couple of things that match up, things he told them a while back. But when the books finally come out - if they ever do - I think they're going to be enormously different from the last 3-4 seasons of the series.
My guess is that GRRM basically just gave them key plot points for the end, and they've filled in the rest. Something like:
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:23 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
BTW Dany morphing into Arya after not wielding a weapon at any time previous was great....I just can't stop lol.

It helps when you’re actively looking for things to pick at.

She didn’t turn into Arya. She hacked clumsily at a few wights focused on Jorah.

You’re stretching.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:26 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

She didn’t turn into Arya. She hacked clumsily at a few wights focused on Jorah.

You’re stretching.
I'm not "actively looking for things"...this is shit a ton of people are bringing up.

And stop, she was more than holding her own against the wights as a bunch of them were coming towards her and Jorah...it was ridiculous.

Not to mention it goes against everything her character is...she's never been a warrior and thought she was above it because of the Dothraki, Unsullied, and her dragons always did the work for her.

They started to set it up brilliantly as all those things had been taken away from her during this battle and she was fucked but nah she just fought her way out with Jorah. Come. On.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:27 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My guess is that GRRM basically just gave them key plot points for the end, and they've filled in the rest. Something like:
  • R+L=J
  • Big battle at Winterfell against the NK
  • Jon ends up on the Iron Throne
It was probably a bit more substantial than that. :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 11:32 AM 04-29-2019
Now if I want to go look for things...there's plenty of things to do in that regard too.

How about Lady Mormont's death? The giant is just clubbing and swiping everyone away, she charges at it for some reason, and he....picks her up? Ok.

Not only that but he CRUSHES A CHILD and yet she lives long enough to stab him in the eye heroically.

Now see...that's going and looking for things to nitpick....even though it was dumb.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:44 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It was probably a bit more substantial than that. :-)
it may not be. He hasn't had direct involvement with the show for years. There's been rumors about a falling out, that he didn't like their creative direction.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:48 AM 04-29-2019
I’m just holding out hope that Dany dies.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:51 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
it may not be. He hasn't had direct involvement with the show for years. There's been rumors about a falling out, that he didn't like their creative direction.
I doubt that - seeing that he signed off on (four?) new GOT shows with HBO. He had an extensive conversation with the show-runners at the end of Season 3 where he outlined all major arcs of the series. He had a pretty open interview about everything and said GOT was "as faithful as a TV adaptation could be" and took responsibility for most of the divergences, citing it as fundamental with his failure to finish the story.

I think the show is going to be a lot closer to the end of his work than a lot of people want to believe - but from all indications (even from the man himself) the last three episodes are going to be about as close to the book finish as they can be at this point. GRRM said the only real divergences might come in the secondary characters.

Maybe he will diverge more than what he's saying publicly, maybe one day we'll be able to read and find out, and maybe not. It is what it is. At least we're getting an ending that's attempting to be as faithful as possible.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:54 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I doubt that - seeing that he signed off on (four?) new GOT shows with HBO. He had an extensive conversation with the show-runners at the end of Season 3 where he outlined all major arcs of the series. He had a pretty open interview about everything and said GOT was "as faithful as a TV adaptation could be" and took responsibility for most of the divergences, citing it as fundamental with his failure to finish the story.

I think the show is going to be a lot closer to the end of his work than a lot of people want to believe - but from all indications (even from the man himself) the last three episodes are going to be about as close to the book finish as they can be at this point. GRRM said the only real divergences might come in the secondary characters.

Maybe he will diverge more than what he's saying publicly, maybe one day we'll be able to read and find out, and maybe not. It is what it is. At least we're getting an ending that's attempting to be as faithful as possible.
I suspect he has a pretty major financial incentive to not shit all over the show no matter what he really thinks.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:56 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

You’re stretching.
I'm with you. She was about as close as you can get to spray and pray with a sword. She was dead already without Jorah pulling himself to his feet over and over, like the badass hero he was. She was almost as close to the end as Jon was when the Night King went down.

Hey, there's a new crazy idea. Maybe Bran warged into the ice Dragon to keep Jon from confronting the Night King in some suicidal head to head attack.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:56 AM 04-29-2019
I suspect he has a pretty major financial incentive to not shit all over the show no matter what he really thinks.
Honestly, I'd love for him to prove me wrong and write a finish that diverges from the show and blows it out of the water.
[Reply]
otherstar 11:57 AM 04-29-2019
Maybe the show implies that they go down quicker with dragonglass? Or that they'll at least stay dead? :-)
I think it's that they "stay dead." The Hound cut one in half with regular steel at the big meeting in Season 7, and the top half kept crawling along, but stopped moving altogether once Jon stabbed it with dragonglass.

I noticed that the "second army" from last night was the humans that got killed before the Night King showed up. All the other wights "stayed dead."
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:57 AM 04-29-2019
I don't think he's ever going to finish the books, so we'll never know.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 386
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287337 > Last »
Up