ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2099 of 3903
« First < 1099159919992049208920952096209720982099 210021012102210321092149219925993099 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:28 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I read the article and didn't see any politics mentioned one way or the other. But then again think about who you are talking too. Why read something that may go against your predetermined conclusion when you can use a site (that I have never heard of) as a reason not to read it?
You also posted a story from Glenn Becks website and claimed it wasnt political. It's really a shame you haven't contracted a severe case of covid.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:33 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That site is notorious for fake news and no surprise mins after you posting it Hamas shot it down. Quit posting fake shit you're a mod you should know better.
You want to know how I know you don't have an argument for what is said in the article? You're attacking the site and not what's being said. Swinging from Hamas' nuts doesn't make you right, either. At least Hamas has a well thought out response, something you're clearly not capable of.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:34 PM 05-17-2020
You also posted a story from Glenn Becks website and claimed it wasnt political. It's really a shame you haven't contracted a severe case of covid.
Later, dipshit.
[Reply]
jdubya 05:38 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Depends on the test. Most of the early tests (like the ones used on the Boston and Santa Clara examples listed in Bowser's link) had extremely poor specificity which rendered them a coinflip at best and led to a vast overestimation of the number of infections and a complete misrepresentation of the fatality rate (claiming it was much lower than reality).

Some of the newer tests that have been verified by outside parties have much better specificity levels, but it needs to be above 99.5% to have clinical utility in this environment.
I`m in the SF Bay Area and Ive been told you can go to any Lab Corps or Quest Labs and pay $125 for an antibody test. I wonder if what they use today is legit or not?
[Reply]
jdubya 05:40 PM 05-17-2020
That`s jacked up dude.....:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 05:40 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I`m in the SF Bay Area and Ive been told you can go to any Lab Corps or Quest Labs and pay $125 for an antibody test. I wonder if what they use today is legit or not?
IIRC, they were going to offer that up in KC soon as well, after they got the tests out to first responders and front line workers. I may be misremembering that, though.
[Reply]
limested 05:43 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
Wtf are you talking about? We are talking about what numbers show whether or not Texas's reopening is causing a spike in Covid cases. The raw number of cases confirmed by testing is not a good indicator because of the increase in testing. Deaths in the other hand(given a lag time) are a much better indicator.

Your misleading fear mongering comment has zero to do with what we were discussing. If you choose to defend your comment please provide specific data and research on how many people as a percentage have proven permanent damage due to Covid-19. Make sure it is broken down by age please. Not sure how much I'm supposed to care about a 98 year old with "permanent" damage.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Are we talking about cases or deaths? Make up your fucking mind.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:55 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You want to know how I know you don't have an argument for what is said in the article? You're attacking the site and not what's being said. Swinging from Hamas' nuts doesn't make you right, either. At least Hamas has a well thought out response, something you're clearly not capable of.
Exactly.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:57 PM 05-17-2020
:-)....really? Not a shock coming from you.
[Reply]
wazu 05:58 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
:-)....really? Not a shock coming from you.
Frankly I’m amazed we made it nearly 400 pages without that happening.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:58 PM 05-17-2020
IIRC, they were going to offer that up in KC soon as well, after they got the tests out to first responders and front line workers. I may be misremembering that, though.
I think they already are but how reliable are they?
[Reply]
Donger 06:00 PM 05-17-2020
For Hamas' erudition:

https://www.livescience.com/new-coro...-with-flu.html

Another limitation with the case fatality rate is that some people who are counted as confirmed cases may eventually die from the disease, which would lead to an increase in the death rate. For example, South Korea initially reported a case fatality rate of 0.6% in early March, but it later rose to 1.7% by the beginning of April, according to New Scientist.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:02 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Frankly I’m amazed we made it nearly 400 pages without that happening.
Dude, my biggest problem with tithead is he posted back in March he didn't think he was going to be able to make it financially through this if he lost his job. Then a couple weeks later he made some smart ass comment about how he is being paid to sit on his ass at home. He has been screaming for longer and longer lockdowns and because of his past posts I have questioned his integrity in those calls as I believe he just wants to milk it.

I have already seen a couple of people I know doing the same. They talk the talk but what it comes down to is they just don't want to go back to work but they want to keep getting their paycheck.
[Reply]
TLO 06:02 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
I believe you can go anywhere in the country and get an antibody test through Quest. I asked if anyone knew how accurate their test was and didn't get much of a response.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:04 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I believe you can go anywhere in the country and get an antibody test through Quest. I asked if anyone knew how accurate their test was and didn't get much of a response.
Did you go get tested today?
[Reply]
Page 2099 of 3903
« First < 1099159919992049208920952096209720982099 210021012102210321092149219925993099 > Last »
Up