ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 630 of 3903
« First < 130530580620626627628629630 63163263363464068073011301630 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 05:54 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Orally
Try rectal temp.
[Reply]
eDave 05:54 PM 03-22-2020
Pretty rude Monticore.
[Reply]
TLO 05:54 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
What's the variance and mean of the temps amoung the different parts? That should ease your mind.
No I think it'll drive me insane to determine that. I'm giving my thermometer to my girlfriend and having her hide it until someone actually needs to use it.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:54 PM 03-22-2020
Hey guys who downthumbed this. Did you go to the grocery store over the last week or so? Yes? Then shut the **** up.
You've been reduced to eating guitar strings? Holy ****.

:-)
[Reply]
eDave 05:55 PM 03-22-2020
No I think it'll drive me insane to determine that. I'm giving my thermometer to my girlfriend and having her hide it until someone actually needs to use it.
I'll just go ahead and be the first one to suggest that you have your GF PIIYB.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:55 PM 03-22-2020

In the U.S., we are producing 35 million respirators per month. More than 500,000 respirators are on the way to two of the more critically impacted areas, New York and Seattle, with arrivals expected starting tomorrow. Read full statement here: https://t.co/V0mmrjSCFG 3/3

— 3M (@3M) March 22, 2020

[Reply]
LiL stumppy 05:56 PM 03-22-2020
So a question that I'm sure someone on here can answer for me.

I've been fighting OCD pretty bad throughout this entire thing. I've been obsessively taking my temperature (I'm working hard on cutting down on it). I notice that in the morning when I wake up, my temp is 97.0-97.2. When I go to bed, my temp is 97.4 - 97.6. However throughout the day, I notice it's frequently 98.8. 99.1 - anywhere up to 99.4 or so.

Is this due to increased activity throughout the day, etc? I've also noticed times I feel more stressed/ I'm having anxiety, that my temperature is higher.

I wish I could just throw the damn thing away. I know what I feel like when I have a fever. This is with an oral thermometer BTW.
Every time you check your temp you're allowing the "compulsive" side of OCD to win. Your mind tells you research and checking your temp will allow you to feel safe, especially if the temp doesn't rise or even better lowers, but it won't.

The obsession for you is getting the infection, the compulsion is everything you do to make sure you don't have it or to even confirm you do have it, which would allow your self to say, "see, I know you had it." Acting on the compulsions are causing the anxiety. Work towards acting on them less. Begin to stop checking your temp as frequently and possibly stop reading this thread, or begin to cut back. Exposure therapy in this sense may help you calm down.

OCD is the worst. Remember, the more you do to reassure yourself, the worst your anxiety will be. It's difficult to understand, but it's that simple.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:57 PM 03-22-2020
Pretty rude Monticore.
I’m trying to fit in.
[Reply]
loochy 05:57 PM 03-22-2020
And through my exhaustive research, I've found that different parts of your mouth can offer various different results.

Fuck OCD
Think about it this way: how many people are in the world? Of those people, how many have corona? Of those people, how many need hospitalization? Of those people, how many need ICU care? Of those people, how many die?

That's a lot of paring down. Just do your part to prevent spread and relax for a month or two. The overwhelming odds are in favor of you and your family...even if you happen to be in the middle of Lombardy or NYC.
[Reply]
eDave 05:57 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
You've been reduced to eating guitar strings? Holy ****.

Ain't no way I'm getting locked in with a broken guitar string. You don't even know how shitty that would be.
[Reply]
Donger 05:57 PM 03-22-2020
It's normal:

https://www.webmd.com/first-aid/norm...-temperature#1

And, may I suggest your ask the girlfriend for a BJ. You're scared stiff.

[Reply]
eDave 05:58 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I’m trying to fit in.
LOL. Just fucking with you. Happens all the time.

DaFace, fix your shit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:58 PM 03-22-2020
I'm in and out of there real quick. I've found that most guitar players are douchebags. Employees are worse.
:-) People that hang out in music stores are generally insufferable.
[Reply]
TLO 05:58 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Every time you check your temp you're allowing the "compulsive" side of OCD win. Your mind tells you research and checking your temp will allow you to feel safe, especially if the temp doesn't rise or even better lowers, but it won't.

The obsession for you is getting the infection, the compulsion is everything you do to make sure you don't have it. Acting on the compulsions are causing the anxiety. Work towards acting on them less. Begin to stop checking your temp as frequently and possibly stop reading this thread, or begin to cut back. Exposure therapy in this sense may help you calm down.

OCD is the worst. Remember, the more you do to reassure yourself, the worst your anxiety will be. It's difficult to understand, but it's that simple.
Thank you.
[Reply]
TLO 06:01 PM 03-22-2020
We're all kinda assholes in one way or another around here sometimes, but I'll say again, that this place is an amazing community.

Thanks for helping keep me sane.
[Reply]
Page 630 of 3903
« First < 130530580620626627628629630 63163263363464068073011301630 > Last »
Up