ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 587 of 791
« First < 87487537577583584585586587 588589590591597637687 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
O.city 09:17 AM 03-19-2019
I mean, surely Okafor isn't the DE they plan to play there right?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:17 AM 03-19-2019
If Quinn is going to Dallas, that is bad news for Demarcus Lawrence. They already can’t afford Lawrence with the guys they have coming up.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Ansah is gonna want to be paid i'd think, 10 per year or so.

I doubt they'll go there.

It's weird they don't seem to be looking for a WDE. Maybe they've got their eyes on one in the draft? Just seems weird.
I kinda feel like the WDE is a little easier to find and should almost certainly have a less demanding learning curve.

If I'm looking to to the draft for a DE, it's gonna be for a WDE and not the strong side.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:19 AM 03-19-2019
didnt the Chiefs try and trade for Quinn last year? This FO has a weird obsession with staying locked in and acquiring guys a year later after their intial attempt (Hitchens, Breeland, Watkins, Honey Badger, etc)
[Reply]
Iconic 09:19 AM 03-19-2019
Rap said on TV Houston has narrowed where he wants to go to three teams. Said he's made enough money in the league and wants to take his time with this choice or something similar to that.

Kind of makes me feel like he's going to a contender on a deal much lower than we expect.

I'm gonna' be so ****ing salty if he goes to the Pats man. You couldn't restructure your ****ing deal for us but you'll take a cheaper deal with them?
[Reply]
O.city 09:19 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I kinda feel like the WDE is a little easier to find and should almost certainly have a less demanding learning curve.

If I'm looking to to the draft for a DE, it's gonna be for a WDE and not the strong side.
They've already said they're slotting Speaks (gulp) in at SDE, so they need a pass rusher at weak. I'd like to have a real difference maker there with Jones but you're probably gonna have to draft one.

Brian Burns would fit nicely.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
didnt the Chiefs try and trade for Quinn last year? This FO has a weird obsession with staying locked in and acquiring guys a year later after their intial attempt (Hitchens, Breeland, Watkins, Honey Badger, etc)
Rams wanted to trade him here for Peters but IIRC, CHiefs weren't interested.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 03-19-2019
They've already said they're slotting Speaks (gulp) in at SDE, so they need a pass rusher at weak. I'd like to have a real difference maker there with Jones but you're probably gonna have to draft one.

Brian Burns would fit nicely.
Brian Burns won't be there.

Clelin Ferrell would make me JIMP. He probably wouldn't be there either though.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:23 AM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Rap said on TV Houston has narrowed where he wants to go to three teams. Said he's made enough money in the league and wants to take his time with this choice or something similar to that.

Kind of makes me feel like he's going to a contender on a deal much lower than we expect.

I'm gonna' be so ****ing salty if he goes to the Pats man. You couldn't restructure your ****ing deal for us but you'll take a cheaper deal with them?
A lot of people here had that feeling with Houston. He would be a perfect fit on most contenders because hes A) made his money and B) is a swiss army knife with prob some left in the tank.

He and Berry refused to budge with the Chiefs. I am glad the Chiefs finally moved on.
[Reply]
mcaj22 09:24 AM 03-19-2019
Rams wanted to trade him here for Peters but IIRC, CHiefs weren't interested.
Now where they not interested because of his salary or not interested cause of the player? I remember now you are right. Rams where trying to shed salary at that point. (Quinn, Ogletree, etc)
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 09:32 AM 03-19-2019

Yeah, KC has to go way up for Burns and up a decent amount of spots for Ferrell. Unless with this injury stuff Ferrell slides more
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 03-19-2019

Probably not.

Fuck all the sweet players will be gone by 29 and we'll end up with Bradburry or something.
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 03-19-2019

Structure for Alex Okafor via Over the Cap, first year cap hit comes in right where I expected at 3 mil. pic.twitter.com/XfCV1QeYph

— ChiefBearcat (@Chief_Bearcat) March 19, 2019

[Reply]
Iconic 03-19-2019, 09:35 AM
This message has been deleted by Iconic.
MotherfuckerJones 09:35 AM 03-19-2019
Probably not.

**** all the sweet players will be gone by 29 and we'll end up with Bradburry or something.
If we take a center at 29, I’m going lose my shit
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 09:36 AM 03-19-2019
I would like to see the chiefs try to bring back Houston cheaper

Then add another vet like Clay Matthews

Like getting the Badger. That allows so much more flexibility in the draft.

Of course a trade would also drastically change things

The defense needs an attitude, and an actual dominance. A nice mixture of veteran leadership to go with a good group of rookies could go a long way
[Reply]
Page 587 of 791
« First < 87487537577583584585586587 588589590591597637687 > Last »
Up