ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Netflix Limited Series - Unbelievable
007 10:45 PM 09-18-2019
Not very many series suck me in and provoke an emotional response quite like this one did. Anger, sadness, apathy, resentment, shock. I could add a few more but I don't want to give anything away. Probably one of the absolute best tv productions I have seen in a long time.

Don't watch the series trailer or read the description. Just watch it.

I would also suggest using spoilers here until people have completed it if you do watch.

Truly powerful drama.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:58 PM 09-18-2019
How quick does it draw you in?
I have it on queue, but the new series Criminal and the new Ken Burns doc both just dropped as well.
[Reply]
007 11:00 PM 09-18-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
How quick does it draw you in?
I have it on queue, but the new series Criminal and the new Ken Burns doc both just dropped as well.
One episode
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:48 AM 09-19-2019
I recently finished this. I agree that it draws you in and gets into your feels with episode one. I watched it over the course of a week to 10 days, so maybe it was burnout, but I was gripped early on then thought the acting/directing fizzled into a Chicago Fire/Med/PD quality towards the end which eroded some its captivation.
[Reply]
007 07:03 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I recently finished this. I agree that it draws you in and gets into your feels with episode one. I watched it over the course of a week to 10 days, so maybe it was burnout, but I was gripped early on then thought the acting/directing fizzled into a Chicago Fire/Med/PD quality towards the end which eroded some its captivation.
I'm honestly surprised you feel that way. This show captivated me right to the end. I've never seen any of the Chicago shows so I can't compare it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:18 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
I'm honestly surprised you feel that way. This show captivated me right to the end. I've never seen any of the Chicago shows so I can't compare it.
It's just a slight criticism on my part. I thought some of the detective interactions were a little melodramatic and inauthentic. Some of the storylines were done rather lazily, imo.

Spoiler!

I've never seen any of the Chicago shows either, so that probably wasn't the best example, but I was using them to showcase the difference between an HBO, and even AMC type of series, and a CBS/NBC/ABC type of series which is what this started to feel like for me towards the end. Again, only a slight criticism as the story is most definitely captivating.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:20 AM 09-19-2019
I mean, it has Dauber from Coach as a detective.
[Reply]
007 07:26 AM 09-19-2019
I mean, it has Dauber from Coach as a detective.
Damnit I couldn't figure it where I recognized that actor from.
[Reply]
007 07:28 AM 09-19-2019
It's just a slight criticism on my part. I thought some of the detective interactions were a little melodramatic and unauthentic. Some of the storylines were done rather lazily, imo.

Spoiler!

I've never seen any of the Chicago shows either, so that probably wasn't the best example, but I was using them to showcase the difference between an HBO, and even AMC type of series, and a CBS/NBC/ABC type of series which is what this started to feel like for me towards the end. Again, only a slight criticism as the story is most definitely captivating.
I honestly thought that angle worked well for the show. It was never preachy about either side. Referring to your spoiler.
[Reply]
cripple creek 10:04 AM 09-19-2019
the blacklist season 6 is solid..(at least thru the first 2 episodes I've watched so far this morning
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:24 AM 09-19-2019
Pretty great series- I enjoyed it.
[Reply]
007 10:27 AM 09-19-2019
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
the blacklist season 6 is solid..(at least thru the first 2 episodes I've watched so far this morning
Ummm ok?
[Reply]
rocknrolla 12:04 PM 09-19-2019
One episode is all it takes. I watched over the weekend, "Lifetime" movie expectations. It is very well done.
[Reply]
underEJ 03:27 PM 09-19-2019
I honestly thought that angle worked well for the show. It was never preachy about either side. Referring to your spoiler.
I thought it worked too. I think it was meant to give some depth to why they each would prioritize some things over others in slightly different ways. I watched it in a week flat, found it really compelling.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:40 PM 09-19-2019
I was cool with that angle, especially if it was accurate to the story, but feel it could've been much more dynamic than what they did with it. I should probably reconcile that this was never going to be a multi-season series given it's true story nature, so nuance gets rushed.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up