ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Dunit35 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
I know there are already several threads but I’m adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. We’re looking at cutting cable. We’d like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I won’t have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said we’d also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:23 AM 08-26-2019
I have Dish Network, and have been searching around for ways to be able to cut ties with them. I was doing some research on Sling TV, and when I googled it I came across this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=slin...hrome&ie=UTF-8

They are owned by Dish Network.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:35 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If I understand correctly Disney is only including ESPN+.
Yeah, but ESPN plus allows you to stream Monday night football. I don't know what he was wanting it for, but, that's enough for me. Only time I watch ESPN any more is for MNF.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:50 PM 08-28-2019
How do I tell what game I’ll get regionally on Hulu Live, so I can figure out if I need to watch the Chiefs game at a bar on the 8th?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:32 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
How do I tell what game I’ll get regionally on Hulu Live, so I can figure out if I need to watch the Chiefs game at a bar on the 8th?
There's a blackout link on this page, that might help:

https://help.hulu.com/s/article/nfl-...language=en_US
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 09:55 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah, but ESPN plus allows you to stream Monday night football. I don't know what he was wanting it for, but, that's enough for me. Only time I watch ESPN any more is for MNF.
Yeah. I can see that. I need all the channels for Jayhawk basketball.

You used to be able to watch the college BB free shortly after they finished on the rewind streaming but they got rid of that.

For streaming to a Windows desktop, is YTTV the cheapest option?
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:56 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yeah. I can see that. I need all the channels for Jayhawk basketball.

You used to be able to watch the college BB free shortly after they finished on the rewind streaming but they got rid of that.

For streaming to a Windows desktop, is YTTV the cheapest option?
YouTube is about the same as the others. The cheapest is Sling if you can get by with just blue or just Orange. They are only $25 each or $40 for both. Most of the rest are around $50/ month now.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:06 PM 10-05-2019
I need some help.

I have a 65" Samsung TV. It has as app for Youtube TV. I wanted to try the 5 day free trial. When I clicked on the app and selected the free trial, it directed me to go to my computer, log in to my google account, go to the youtube tv site and create an account using the promo code that was on my TV. I did all of this, and now am on my free trial... on my computer. I want to be able to click on the app on my samsung tv and be able to watch it there. Can anyone help me with what I need to do to watch this on my TV?
[Reply]
DaFace 12:14 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I need some help.

I have a 65" Samsung TV. It has as app for Youtube TV. I wanted to try the 5 day free trial. When I clicked on the app and selected the free trial, it directed me to go to my computer, log in to my google account, go to the youtube tv site and create an account using the promo code that was on my TV. I did all of this, and now am on my free trial... on my computer. I want to be able to click on the app on my samsung tv and be able to watch it there. Can anyone help me with what I need to do to watch this on my TV?
Typically you either log in to your Google account on the TV, or it might give you a code to "activate" on your computer. Regardless, try the app on the TV again and see what options you have to sign in or activate.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:33 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Typically you either log in to your Google account on the TV, or it might give you a code to "activate" on your computer. Regardless, try the app on the TV again and see what options you have to sign in or activate.
That worked. Thank you DaFace! :-)
[Reply]
Coogs 04:06 PM 10-14-2019
After probably 20 years as a customer, I just kicked Dish Network to the curb.

BTW they are charging me $15 to ship them back their equipment. Pricks!!!
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:16 PM 10-14-2019

Lmao wow. Not even ATT were that shitty when I cancelled them.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:25 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Lmao wow. Not even ATT were that shitty when I cancelled them.
Bastages! Probably averaged $100 a month for 20 years. At least. Probably close to $25 Grand over the years. Getting close to 2 grand a year lately.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:14 PM 10-15-2019

Too bad no one does postage due.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:46 AM 10-18-2019
I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord
[Reply]
warrior 08:58 AM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I can get a jailbroke firestick with EVERYTHING on it. So I'm thinking of cutting the cord

Did you do this- I would like info on the jailbroken firestick from someone who's had one
[Reply]
Page 12 of 15
« First < 289101112 131415 >
Up