ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:16 PM 06-09-2019
black mirror has evolved because there are so many shows these days focused on a dystopian tech society. We'll probably see more positivity. More focus on the storytelling than the twist. Which may work because Charlie Brooker is a pretty terrific storyteller.
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:48 PM 06-12-2019
Good God this season is trash. All 3 episodes were pure garbage...worst three by far.

:-)
[Reply]
vailpass 01:29 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Good God this season is trash. All 3 episodes were pure garbage...worst three by far.

:-)
Oh bummer. I've only seen the Miley one which, near as I could tell, had nothing other than Miley Cyrus being in it. Just stupid bad. Was hoping the others were better.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:45 PM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Oh bummer. I've only seen the Miley one which, near as I could tell, had nothing other than Miley Cyrus being in it. Just stupid bad. Was hoping the others were better.
Smithereens is more like an extended episode of a cop drama.

Striking Vipers is.. well it's like an intentional gender inverted rehash of San Junipero. Kind of.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:48 PM 06-13-2019
If you watch Striking Vipers with the idea in your head that it is Falcon...its really amusing.
[Reply]
SAGA45 03:31 AM 06-14-2019
Horrible season
[Reply]
Rausch 07:22 AM 06-14-2019
Got 20 minutes into the first ep and wanted to go to sleep when it went woke...
[Reply]
listopencil 07:49 AM 06-14-2019
I feel like Striking Vipers should have been one of the "ok" episodes of a much longer season with many much better episodes. I've only seen small clips of the Miley Cyrus one and I already feel like it's a stupid rehash of the Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana back story that Miley wants to tell everyone over and over again. Is the other episode any good?
[Reply]
listopencil 07:51 AM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Got 20 minutes into the first ep and wanted to go to sleep when it went woke...

It had kind of a nice slow burn going on at first but it never really picked up into anything above average.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:30 AM 06-14-2019
I'm not falling for it again.

I'm intrigued by high concept shit like this, but I'll be damned if every season isn't 1 good episode and a bunch of snore inducing sleep aids.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:37 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Smithereens is more like an extended episode of a cop drama.

Striking Vipers is.. well it's like an intentional gender inverted rehash of San Junipero. Kind of.
Well, I did like SanJun.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:31 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Well, I did like SanJun.
Bandersnatch > Striking Vipers > Smithereens though I haven't watched the other one.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:46 AM 09-27-2019
When you have to preface with shit like "don't start with this episode or this one...Or this one...Or this one....Or this one..." in a series with limited content....That's not a good thing folks.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:58 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
When you have to preface with shit like "don't start with this episode or this one...Or this one...Or this one....Or this one..." in a series with limited content....That's not a good thing folks.
Because it's an anthology series where one episode (largely) has no relationship to other ones.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:02 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Because it's an anthology series where one episode (largely) has no relationship to other ones.
But when over half the episodes are regarded as pure shit?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up