ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:19 PM 03-19-2018
This show is awesome. I thought White Bear and White Christmas were particularly ****ed up. When the agent cranked up the machine to 1,000 years per minute I got queasy.. The Entire History of You and San Junipero have been my favorites so far.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw. Omg. I'm in love.

[Reply]
SAGA45 03:06 AM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This show is awesome. I thought White Bear and White Christmas were particularly ****ed up. When the agent cranked up the machine to 1,000 years per minute I got queasy.. The Entire History of You and San Junipero have been my favorites so far.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw. Omg. I'm in love.

San Junipero won me over with the retro, nostalgic 80's feel...felt almost like a Lost Boys spin off or something. Thoroughly enjoyable...made me wish it were a real thing. And yes Gugu is entrancing to say the least
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:02 PM 03-20-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
San Junipero won me over with the retro, nostalgic 80's feel...felt almost like a Lost Boys spin off or something. Thoroughly enjoyable...made me wish it were a real thing. And yes Gugu is entrancing to say the least

That 80s retro was awesome. I’ve noticed I tend to love movies and shows with 80s themes, which is hilarious because I was born in ‘89.

Seeing all those chips flashing in the hard drives while Heaven On Earth played.. so good.

Probably the ‘happiest’ ending I’ve seen in a Black Mirror episode.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:42 AM 12-28-2018
New Black Mirror movie released today (Bandersnatch). It's interactive so you make a variety of choices yourself to take different paths. Haven't started yet but salivating. This show is beyond brilliant.
[Reply]
Otter 09:13 AM 12-28-2018
Watched the first episode last night, "The National Anthem", and it was a bit disturbing but still well done. I'm going to try to catch the S1E2 tonight.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
NewChief 10:58 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
Watched the first episode last night, "The National Anthem", and it was a bit disturbing but still well done. I'm going to try to catch the S1E2 tonight.

Spoiler!
FYI: stick with it. That first episode is generally considered a pretty tough entry point into the series. Since each episode is a stand-alone, most people encourage new viewers to start with another one. I kind of like National Anthem, though.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:22 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
FYI: stick with it. That first episode is generally considered a pretty tough entry point into the series. Since each episode is a stand-alone, most people encourage new viewers to start with another one. I kind of like National Anthem, though.
I think the first two episodes are EASILY the worst of the entire series. I'm so glad I plowed on.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:06 PM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!

Same here. But I started watching the choose your own ending show and it was kind of fun.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:55 AM 12-29-2018
Just finished Bandersnatch. That was pretty fun and pretty seamless actually.

I wonder how many endings this thing has?
[Reply]
vailpass 12:54 PM 12-29-2018
Alright you jokers on your recommendation I recently watched White Christmas. Not goofy like the pig ****er episode but not real uplifting either.

A while back I watched San Junipero (is that the name?). That was a damn good watch and let me know there are at least some episodes in this series that are for me.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:12 PM 12-29-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Alright you jokers on your recommendation I recently watched White Christmas. Not goofy like the pig ****er episode but not real uplifting either.

A while back I watched San Junipero (is that the name?). That was a damn good watch and let me know there are at least some episodes in this series that are for me.
not everyone will enjoy every episode since they are unrelated. i think for me, i didn't' care for hardly any episodes when, was it hbo that bought the rights?

i thought the new bandersnatch was groovy though. to me, it appears to have 3 or four endings?

watching black mirror is like watching the twilight zone back in the day IMO :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:24 PM 12-29-2018

IF you liked San Junipero (easily the most uplifting episode), watch Hang the DJ.
[Reply]
Otter 01:48 PM 12-29-2018

S04 E01 · USS Callister

Funny, light. easy to relate and highly entertaining.
[Reply]
Graystoke 01:56 PM 12-29-2018
I watched earlier episodes and the whole thing made me uneasy. Doubt I will revisit
[Reply]
Otter 02:02 PM 12-29-2018
I love how the implement the high tech in each episode and exaggerate it's abilities. This show is the shit.

"Nosedive" sucked.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up