ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 52 of 84
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Media Center>Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric
keg in kc 05:43 PM 01-17-2015
Figure this would have a better chance of surviving in the Media Center than on the main page, and I'll be adding youtube and podcast links from time to time as I come across them, so it fits.

This has been something that's interested me from a very young age, all aspects of mysterious stuff, whether we're talking forgotten or forbidden archeology or civilization (Atlantis, pre-colombian exploration of america, etc), unexplained events (like Tunguska in 1908, the lost Roanoke Island colony, etc), paranormal events like ghosts, the study of ESP and that sort of thing, conspiracy (ranging from JFK to stuff like the perpetration of the drug war and the infilitration of the media by US intelligence) and, of course, UFOs (which to me means "unexplained" not "extraterrestrial" but that's a whole other topic).

Anything could show up, and everybody should feel free to add whatever they like. Just try to keep it as civil and respectful as possible. This is not intended to be a DC thread; it's as much for entertainment purposes as it is to solve all the world's mysteries.

**Although if anybody posts anything from Third Phase of Moon they should probably expect me to kick them in the balls.**

Few things I like to watch or listen to in no particular order (most of this can be found on itunes as well...):

The Paracast
Binall of America
The Gralian Report
The Paranormal Report
Dark City
Radio Misterioso
Open Minds (mostly their podcast)

That's it for now, just wanted to get this started. Been thinking about doing it for a while...
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:52 PM 01-29-2017
Sometimes fans just get lines wrong. Rick never once says 'Play it again, Sam' but that's one of the most recognizable (mis)quotes in the history of film.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:53 PM 01-29-2017
Major scientists say the odds are 50% that we are a computer simulation

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...er-simulation/
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:01 PM 01-29-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If the Mandela Effect actually exists, then I believe it's something other than 'reality changing'. Because if reality did change, there'd be nothing at all to remember from before that change. That's reality now, and from our perspective it always would have been.

Maybe it's as simple as dreaming. Some cultures consider dreaming to basically be astral projection, and that we can travel outside our own dimension as we sleep. So maybe we can visit other realities, then later remember experiences that didn't actually occur in our own. It could be something as simple as seeing a television for a few seconds in a dream.

I think a lot of this is tied into the idea of a holographic universe, that we're living a computer simulation (hence the Matrix look at the start of the ME video). That seems silly to me, but a lot of really smart people (like elon musk) seem to buy into it.
I'm not saying I have any idea what is happening, but I know The Mona Lisa doesn't smirk and C3PO doesn't have a silver leg, but alas.
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:22 PM 01-29-2017
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1iBdDvIXKg
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:19 PM 01-29-2017
How do you guys feel about vibrations and their supposed connection to ancient pyramids and what not?
[Reply]
kepp 10:07 AM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

50/50 is scientist-speak for "I have no idea"
[Reply]
RobBlake 05:47 PM 02-01-2017

Lol at being computer generated/simulated
[Reply]
RobBlake 05:48 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
How do you guys feel about vibrations and their supposed connection to ancient pyramids and what not?
I would enjoy some more info on I
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:00 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Lol at people who don't realize the vastness of possibility and our lack of knowledge concerning the true nature of what we perceive to be our reality.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:31 PM 02-01-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
50/50 is scientist-speak for "I have no idea"
I prefer the non-atheist scientist spin of "we're all just ideas in the mind of God"
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:05 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
Lol at people who don't realize the vastness of possibility and our lack of knowledge concerning the true nature of what we perceive to be our reality.
Or your naive to believe anything that tells you that could be a possibility then that's pretty sad you lack any critical thinking skills. .

Tell us again how a computer other dimension beIng programmed music to exist,, different language dialects, things like the industrial revolution etc.

Other dimensions, hell even parallel universes make more sense than us being a computer gen
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:50 AM 02-02-2017
Or your naive to believe anything that tells you that could be a possibility then that's pretty sad you lack any critical thinking skills. .

Tell us again how a computer other dimension beIng programmed music to exist,, different language dialects, things like the industrial revolution etc.

Other dimensions, hell even parallel universes make more sense than us being a computer gen
All of those things come from the brain..........Which is a computer.
[Reply]
RobBlake 03:20 PM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by beach tribe:
All of those things come from the brain..........Which is a computer.
A computer mimics what a brain can do, but will never have the compacity of a brain. A computer is limited to its imperfect maker.
Do you comprehend the type of computing power it would take to have the ability to process our "generated universe". Not even the computing power, but the storage space? Or to even have "humans" break the code and realize we may be generated? Where are the glitches? Must have taken quite the minds to come up with how to program birth, music theory, art of war, advancement in tech, love, empathy.. I hope someone ups my XP. I wanna fly. I'm all for thinking outside the box.. other dimensions, a possible different universe.. maybe another earth somewhere with a different outcome.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:53 AM 02-03-2017

http://www.simulation-argument.com/
[Reply]
O.city 01:13 PM 02-03-2017
The problem with all these things and saying it can never be true, is that it can't be true based on what we know right now.

Kind of like saying stuff about aliens and the distances they would have to travel in space to get place to place. Yeah, they couldn't travel that far based on what we know now. But if it's a civilization thats been around say, a million years, who knows.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 84
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up