ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 300
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Media Center>The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2)
Fire Me Boy! 03:01 PM 10-02-2014
Sunday Nights at 9pm/8pm (Central) on AMC. Premiere for Season 5 is Oct. 12.
[Reply]
notorious 08:24 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I think we saw some development from Negan this week, especially in his interactions with Carl. He is almost paternal, in a way.
Exactly.

I don't see Negan as a one-dimensional character. He has many facets that will probably be explored over the next few seasons.
[Reply]
manchambo 08:44 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Exactly.

I don't see Negan as a one-dimensional character. He has many facets that will probably be explored over the next few seasons.
I've counted at least three facets: 1) really mean; 2) extra mean, 3) unbelievably mean.
[Reply]
vailpass 08:56 AM 12-06-2016
Brain washing is powerful.

How did/does Kim Fatass Jong-il and Castro stay alive?

There is a reason they are showing what Daryl is going through. You take away everything a person physically and mentally has, and slowly give it back under your control and they will eventually look at you as the provider.
I think we saw some development from Negan this week, especially in his interactions with Carl. He is almost paternal, in a way.
Yeah....no.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:04 AM 12-06-2016
I thought it was funny how he showed sympathy to Carl after he started crying and it seemed to be legit sympathy.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:25 AM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I thought it was funny how he showed sympathy to Carl after he started crying and it seemed to be legit sympathy.
Nothing coming out of that dudes mouth is genuine, I think that's the point. He has no heart. He can ACT like it, and I suppose you could say that's "growth" for his character, but I still have a hard time believing that ONE guy holds that much power. I'm sure there are others who are on the same page, but they don't show them so...
[Reply]
frankotank 12:34 PM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Very surprising to me to see so many people enjoying his one-note over-acting and the many many scenes to remind us of a point that was effectively made when Negan beat people to death with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I keep telling my wife that Negan would've already been killed already. Somebody would've turned on him. Turns me off about the show. He's fairly annoying.
Carl throws care to the wind…knowing he’ll probably die…and says **** it I’m gonna kill Negan…but then when he has a machine gun in his hand he doesn't shoot Negan why? because Negan's standing behind another bad guy? :-) and THEN...Negan hands Carl Lucille and Carl doesn't bash his head in because why?!? :-) he coulda popped him as soon as he turned around and headed for the baby...
I mean...sigh....it's a show...you gotta have Negan around for a while...I DO get that...but do you have to write these scenes so....badly?

funny and incredibly stupid that he was crying at all. like I said...Carl throws care to the wind…knowing he’ll probably die…and says **** it I’m gonna kill Negan…but then cries when his poor wittle lost eye is made fun of. Oh brother.

I think Carl is gonna be history soon. kids going to college in real life...so...I'm thinking...
WOO...you know he dead!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:39 PM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
Carl throws care to the wind…knowing he’ll probably die…and says **** it I’m gonna kill Negan…but then when he has a machine gun in his hand he doesn't shoot Negan why? because Negan's standing behind another bad guy? :-) and THEN...Negan hands Carl Lucille and Carl doesn't bash his head in because why?!? :-) he coulda popped him as soon as he turned around and headed for the baby...
I mean...sigh....it's a show...you gotta have Negan around for a while...I DO get that...but do you have to write these scenes so....badly?

funny and incredibly stupid that he was crying at all. like I said...Carl throws care to the wind…knowing he’ll probably die…and says **** it I’m gonna kill Negan…but then cries when his poor wittle lost eye is made fun of. Oh brother.

I think Carl is gonna be history soon. kids going to college in real life...so...I'm thinking...
WOO...you know he dead!
This is all right out of the comics. The PROBLEM is, in the comics, Carl is 12 or something. They set up the emotion of revealing the eye really poorly. IIRC, in the comics, there was this whole thing about how embarrassed he was by it and wouldn't let anyone see it. So when Negan forced him - again, he's much younger in the comics than in the show at this point - he broke down. The emotion was drained from it because they haven't set up how self-conscious he is about the eye at all.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:39 PM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
WOO...you know he dead!
If they go that route, and I'm not sold they will, I could see him dying to protect Judith. That could be good.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:09 PM 12-06-2016
I don't see how they keep Negan around after this season. That has to be the season finale, right? Everyone getting their licks in on him, especially after he's shown what an out of control psychopath that everyone loathes he is? You can't stretch that out until next season without fans rolling their eyes, imo.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:12 PM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't see how they keep Negan around after this season. That has to be the season finale, right? Everyone getting their licks in on him, especially after he's shown what an out of control psychopath that everyone loathes he is? You can't stretch that out until next season without fans rolling their eyes, imo.
He's signed for S8.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:23 PM 12-06-2016
He's signed for S8.
Welp. Here's hoping the writers pull it out of their ass.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:01 PM 12-06-2016
Brain washing is powerful.

How did/does Kim Fatass Jong-il and Castro stay alive?

There is a reason they are showing what Daryl is going through. You take away everything a person physically and mentally has, and slowly give it back under your control and they will eventually look at you as the provider.
Agreed, Charlie Manson is 5 foot nothing and 110 pounds soaking wet... but he still held sway over men far bigger than him, he scared the hell outta them in fact

I dont get all of the bitching about Negans character at all, he is the heavy I've been waiting for since the show started
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:48 PM 12-06-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Agreed, Charlie Manson is 5 foot nothing and 110 pounds soaking wet... but he still held sway over men far bigger than him, he scared the hell outta them in fact

I dont get all of the bitching about Negans character at all, he is the heavy I've been waiting for since the show started
Negan is by far the best character that has been on this show.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:51 PM 12-06-2016
Negan is by far the best character that has been on this show.
Know how I know you don't know anything about TWD?
[Reply]
frankotank 03:01 PM 12-06-2016
be interesting to see...considering all episodes....who people would pick as their "best character".

personally...I love the story arch for Carol....coming from being an abused scaredy cat to being an outright badass. and then....they had to go and mess with her character a little bit in ways I don't particularly appreciate...but still...I think I'd go with Carol.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 300
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192193199239289 > Last »
Up