ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Board Game Fans?
Pitt Gorilla 11:45 PM 11-27-2011
A friend of mine has got me into some "geeky" gaming that has become a real hit at my house. We've been playing Ticket to Ride and Forbidden Island as a family, while my buddy and I have been playing Ascension, Resident Evil, and Dominion.

Are there any other cool board/card games out there that I should check out? I mean, I've seen the spiel des jahres lists, but I'd love some first hand thoughts on cool games.
[Reply]
Buck 11:58 PM 11-27-2011
Settlers of Catan
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:00 AM 11-28-2011
munchkin, or almost anything by steve jackson
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:07 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Buck:
Settlers of Catan
Yeah, I've been playing some Catan as well. Really fun game and the expansions are great as well.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:08 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
munchkin, or almost anything by steve jackson
I haven't played munchkin, but I'm really intrigued by Munchkin Quest, which is a board game version of the cards. Have you heard anything about that?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:14 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I haven't played munchkin, but I'm really intrigued by Munchkin Quest, which is a board game version of the cards. Have you heard anything about that?
i havent played it, but i used to play a TON of 'warhammer quest' which is bad ass.(easily top 5 board game of all time)......so if it is jackson's take on warhammer quest, (or the other quest-like game i think hero-quest) it probably rocks...

Ive never played a game of his that i didn't enjoy!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:18 AM 11-28-2011
warhammer quest:

http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/...1634?comment=1
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:19 AM 11-28-2011
if youre at all interested in warhammer quest, i can try and dig up my digital archives and you can print it out, its actually a very cool project...

or you can try and get ahold of a legit copy
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:22 AM 11-28-2011
a game you can pick up pretty cheap now is the 40k card game, going for practically nothing on ebay
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:22 AM 11-28-2011
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
if youre at all interested in warhammer quest, i can try and dig up my digital archives and you can print it out, its actually a very cool project...

or you can try and get ahold of a legit copy
That looks pretty cool.
[Reply]
Huffmeister 01:35 PM 11-28-2011
I've fallen into the trap of buying board games that I really want to try, but end up having no one to play them with. I have a few games at home sitting on a shelf that I've never had a chance to play: Civilization, Puerto Rico, Agricola, Game of Thrones, etc.

Also, Trans America is another train game that I enjoy a bit more than Ticket To Ride.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:42 PM 11-28-2011
The D and D board games are pretty good, such as Castle Ravenloft and Wrath of Ashardalon. In all honesty, Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition is pretty freaking awesome and "board game"-esque due to the extreme tactical nature that they took with 4e.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:31 PM 11-29-2011
Checkers.

I keed, I keed.
every now and again we like to drink a lot of beer and play Cranium, Balderdash, or this game where you try to get your partner to say a word w/out saying a certain list of words.....the name of the game escapes me at the moment.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 03:40 PM 11-29-2011
Arkham Horror is a lot of fun. It's a change of pace because it's co-op instead of competitive. You work together to stop the elder gods from bringing about the end of the world. http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/15987/arkham-horror

They've been mentioned, but Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan are both great games as well.
[Reply]
Gonzo 03:42 PM 11-29-2011

[Reply]
Page 1 of 12
1 234511 > Last »
Up