ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 278 of 278
« First < 178228268274275276277278
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Pelosi to open impeachment inquiry
RodeoPants2 03:30 PM 09-24-2019

BREAKING: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces a formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump. "No one is above the law."https://t.co/E9SxlTN4iT

— CNN (@CNN) September 24, 2019

It's go time.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 06:22 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Donger:
So Trump, apparently on a whim, basically green-lights the Turkish incursion into Turkey. He has now imposed sanctions on them for going into Turkey.

This seems... like good and reasoned FP to you?
Boob
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:27 PM Yesterday
So Trump, apparently on a whim, basically green-lights the Turkish incursion into Turkey. He has now imposed sanctions on them for going into Turkey.

This seems... like good and reasoned FP to you?
Green light?

Show me the statement.
[Reply]
Donger 06:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
No, we should stay there another 10 years and spend another trillion... is that better for you?

They've been fighting for a half century...

Whim? He ran on this in 2016...
What makes you think it's anywhere close to that?

He sure did. And he just sent 2,000 troops to the Kingdom.
[Reply]
Donger 06:43 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Green light?

Show me the statement.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tur...ed-all-out-war

The decision sent shockwaves through the region and Washington, with U.S. officials telling Fox News that top Pentagon officials were “completely blindsided” and “shocked” by the order to pull back hundreds of U.S. troops, a move that effectively green-lights the Turkey operation. President Trump spoke with Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by telephone.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:49 PM Yesterday

The decision sent shockwaves through the region and Washington, with U.S. officials telling Fox News that top Pentagon officials were “completely blindsided” and “shocked” by the order to pull back hundreds of U.S. troops, a move that effectively green-lights the Turkey operation. President Trump spoke with Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan by telephone.
You were insinuating Trump was complicit in the deaths of the Kurds by making it sound like he called Erdogan and told him hunting season was open.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:49 PM Yesterday

I'm asking for Trump's statement green lighting it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I'm asking for Trump's statement green lighting it.
Yeah I don’t get Donger if Turkey said they were going to invade and Trump had US I. Harms way he acted fast and removed us from Syria, but monitored it.

NOW

The Kurds have rejoined the Goverment

Turkey after seeing Syrian goverment moving its force to match Turkey sues for peace and US to meditate the peace negotiations

Not only did trump protect our troops, but warned him(Turkey) if he did it he would place sanctions. Doing so looks like it will turn out to be a master stroke of diplomacy.

He literally just ended the civil war by giving Syrians something to bring them together. The threat of a outside force that you know you can control....
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:05 PM Yesterday
You think getting rid of NS professionals and replacing them with Trump toadies is going to give Trump the best advice?
What id they replace them with better professionals?
[Reply]
patteeu 09:15 PM Yesterday
I doubt that Trump explicitly gave a green light. But I only see three other possibilities:

1. He believed assurances from Turkey and got rolled by a foreign leader who doesn't fear crossing him. This seems to be Trump's version of the story even though it makes him look bad.

2. He knew the assurances were unreliable but accepted them anyway as part of his rationale for ordering the withdrawal he wanted to order anyway. This seems like the most likely, but it makes him look bad too.

3. There were no assurances. Just an implied (or less likely, explicit) threat and a decision to back away. Another bad look, IMO.
[Reply]
banyon 09:58 PM Yesterday
“Giuliani’s A time bomb that’s going to blow us all up” —- Fiona Hill quoting John Bolton
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 10:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by banyon:
“Giuliani’s A time bomb that’s going to blow us all up” —- Fiona Hill quoting John Bolton
wow, so profound lol. Bolton and a Soros plant....I'll side with Rudy
[Reply]
Page 278 of 278
« First < 178228268274275276277278
Up