ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Blizzard Bans Pro Esports player for supporting Hong Kong Protesters
Imon Yourside 03:38 PM 10-08-2019
Blizzard Entertainment has sent a professional esports player home from a tournament and handed him a 12-month ban after he voiced support for Hong Kong protesters during a postgame interview.

The esports player, whose real name is Chung Ng Wai but who is known as Blitzchung, will also be fined the full amount of the prize money he won from the Hearthstone Grandmasters regular-season tournament.

During the interview on the official Taiwanese Hearthstone stream, Blitzchung appeared wearing a gas mask, which he lifted up before shouting "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!" in Chinese.
Blizzard appears to be arguing that Blitzchung's statements about the Hong Kong protests offended "a portion or group of the public" or damaged the company's image.

The situation highlights the thorny trade-off US-based companies face when operating in China, which offers a lucrative and massive market but a different set of rules companies must play by.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bliz...erview-2019-10
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Blizzard's full of shit. I wonder if the gamers are going to buy the company's patently absurd excuse.
Well ya the only Franchise I even remotely liked other than Warcraft Pre Warcraft 3 was Diablo and those devteams have pretty much moved on. I haven't even been a blizzard fan for the last 10 years.
[Reply]
listopencil 07:24 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Blizzard was a huge part of my childhood. Up on the pedestal with Nintendo for knocking every game out of the park. Don't even know them anymore, and I've had to cancel WoW Classic. They can get fucked along with China.
Any reason you cancelled Classic WoW that you want to share? I'm getting into it and having fun.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:04 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Any reason you cancelled Classic WoW that you want to share? I'm getting into it and having fun.
How? You played the same game 13 years ago.
[Reply]
Bump 09:31 PM Yesterday
I used to love Blizzard games so much, ever since Activision they turned to absolute dogshit and now they are full-SJW-retard.

Blizz is probably wondering why any lefty wouldn't be celebrating this and buying up their products and all of their microtransactions for their show of support to a tyrannical government.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up