ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 162
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:27 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
While a WFT win would be nice, they're an NFC team so Pittsburgh losing to them doesn't help us. The Chiefs have a conference loss (Raiders) so Pittsburgh would still win the tiebreaker.
Meh. It would just be funny as shit. Stop being so technical all the time. Can you just imagine if Alex Smith pulled the wool over PIT and gave them an L? I wouldn't be able to stop laughing until the SB.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:27 PM 12-02-2020
While a WFT win would be nice, they're an NFC team so Pittsburgh losing to them doesn't help us. The Chiefs have a conference loss (Raiders) so Pittsburgh would still win the tiebreaker.
this is true if we expect both to be 15-1.....but if PIT loses to a team like the Football Team, they are likely dropping another one along the way....

I always had them at 14-2 / 13-3 once they pushed their record to 9-0.....think that still holds true....

At any rate, I don't think WFT beats them anyways, so it's moot, I do think it will be very competitive....
[Reply]
carcosa 06:28 PM 12-02-2020
It'll help us when they lose to the Bills too!!!!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:29 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Meh. It would just be funny as shit. Stop being so technical all the time. Can you just imagine if Alex Smith pulled the wool over PIT and gave them an L? I wouldn't be able to stop laughing until the SB.
this....Alex Smith, for all his faults and rust(y leg), is much better than RGIII, and WFT has a decent defense that can challenge the PIT O.....it's not inconceivable, albeit unlikely....
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:30 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Right now, I don't care about funny.

I care about the Chiefs getting the bye.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:31 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
If the Steelers lose 1 game, we want it to be the Bills.(Assuming that they win today and Chiefs win out). We would each have 1 conference loss next tiebreaker is common games. So far we have each beaten every common opponent. Our Bills win would give us the tiebreaker.
Doesn’t division record kick in first? If that’s the case then Stoolers will have it cuz we lost to the Fade.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:31 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
this is true if we expect both to be 15-1.....but if PIT loses to a team like the Football Team, they are likely dropping another one along the way....

I always had them at 14-2 / 13-3 once they pushed their record to 9-0.....think that still holds true....

At any rate, I don't think WFT beats them anyways, so it's moot, I do think it will be very competitive....
I'd love to see them go 14-2 because I don't know that the Chiefs are just going to win out. There's some tough games in there.

That being said, I don't see a lot of opportunity for the Steelers to lose 2 at this point. Their schedule is just straight up crap.

Maybe Buffalo can get it done but it's starting to look like they could go undefeated just because of a weak schedule and some lucky bounces.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:33 PM 12-02-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Doesn’t division record kick in first? If that’s the case then Stoolers will have it cuz we lost to the Fade.
Division record only matters against division opponents.

For us and the Steelers, it would be conference record and then common opponents. Then losing to Buffalo would be a conference loss, kicking in the common opponent tiebreaker. Since we beat Buffalo as a common opponent, we would get the bye.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:36 PM 12-02-2020

I'm certainly not downplaying the bye week and it's importance by any stretch, but if there is ever a team that doesn't need it, it's the Chiefs.

Injuries not-with-standing, I think once the Chiefs go into playoff mode, they are almost impossible to beat....We've seen it in every game that's really mattered this year: Opening night against the Texans, Baltimore, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, the 2nd Raiders game.....It's like they will not be denied.....and I don't think they were totally focused the entire time even in those games....

When the playoffs start, and the real cream rises to the top, I think the Chiefs come out on top again, even having to go to Pit for the AFFCG.....

So, the only real reason is the bye, and since we don't go head-to-head with the Steelers, we don't control that.....what we do control is what we do with the schedule we have, and once the playoffs begin, I have every confidence that we'll be just fine....
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:37 PM 12-02-2020
I just don’t feel like the number 1 seed is as important this season. Sure the bye is great, but at this point there’s no guarantee that there will be a bye if they make it 8 teams. Stadiums aren’t gonna be as difficult to play in because of lack of fans. I’d be just fine with the 2 seed if that’s what we get. Stoolers drop one in the playoffs (likely) then we have HFA anyway.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:38 PM 12-02-2020
I just don’t feel like the number 1 seed is as important this season. Sure the bye is great, but at this point there’s no guarantee that there will be a bye if they make it 8 teams. Stadiums aren’t gonna be as difficult to play in because of lack of fans. I’d be just fine with the 2 seed if that’s what we get. Stoolers drop one in the playoffs (likely) then we have HFA anyway.
Sammy is so injury prone I'd prefer to have as few games as possible.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 06:42 PM 12-02-2020
I'd love to see them go 14-2 because I don't know that the Chiefs are just going to win out. There's some tough games in there.

That being said, I don't see a lot of opportunity for the Steelers to lose 2 at this point. Their schedule is just straight up crap.

Maybe Buffalo can get it done but it's starting to look like they could go undefeated just because of a weak schedule and some lucky bounces.
Sure, it's increasingly difficult to find 2 losses in the remaining schedule, but it's possible. Given their style, I can see many close games along the way. I think WFT is a tough matchup for them now that Alex is giving them some consistency in the QB spot, Buffalo, Indy, and Cleveland will not be easy outs for them either....not inconceivable that they can lose a couple there....

I actually think that it would be in their best interest to lose a game along the way for no other reason to get the "undefeated" stigma off their backs. Of course, nobody is going to say that, but no way this team is going 19-0, and going into the playoffs 16-0 only puts more pressure on them....

At any rate, it's still moot, because the Chiefs are going to smack these frauds down in the playoffs. They aren't losing to the 2020 version of the 1995 Chiefs if the Steelers manage to get to the AFCCG.....
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:43 PM 12-02-2020
I'm certainly not downplaying the bye week and it's importance by any stretch, but if there is ever a team that doesn't need it, it's the Chiefs.

Injuries not-with-standing, I think once the Chiefs go into playoff mode, they are almost impossible to beat....We've seen it in every game that's really mattered this year: Opening night against the Texans, Baltimore, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, the 2nd Raiders game.....It's like they will not be denied.....and I don't think they were totally focused the entire time even in those games....

When the playoffs start, and the real cream rises to the top, I think the Chiefs come out on top again, even having to go to Pit for the AFFCG.....

So, the only real reason is the bye, and since we don't go head-to-head with the Steelers, we don't control that.....what we do control is what we do with the schedule we have, and once the playoffs begin, I have every confidence that we'll be just fine....
An extra game is an extra chance for injuries. It's not about the games being hard. It's about the games being hard on the players. You want as few games as possible.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:43 PM 12-02-2020

This season I don't know how much it matters. At least not for the Chiefs. Whether we get the bye or not, I think the Chiefs will still represent the AFC in the SB. And then look at the NFC contenders. I can't see one of them that is on the Chiefs' level at this point. Not saying another Ring is a foregone conclusion, because it is the NFL, but the NFC leaders aren't that scary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:44 PM 12-02-2020
Sure, it's increasingly difficult to find 2 losses in the remaining schedule, but it's possible. Given their style, I can see many close games along the way. I think WFT is a tough matchup for them now that Alex is giving them some consistency in the QB spot, Buffalo, Indy, and Cleveland will not be easy outs for them either....not inconceivable that they can lose a couple there....

I actually think that it would be in their best interest to lose a game along the way for no other reason to get the "undefeated" stigma off their backs. Of course, nobody is going to say that, but no way this team is going 19-0, and going into the playoffs 16-0 only puts more pressure on them....

At any rate, it's still moot, because the Chiefs are going to smack these frauds down in the playoffs. They aren't losing to the 2020 version of the 1995 Chiefs if the Steelers manage to get to the AFCCG.....
Cleveland is 8-3 but the Steelers already beat them by almost 40 points so I just don't see them being a spoiler.
[Reply]
Page 57 of 162
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107157 > Last »
Up