ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 162
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:35 AM 11-17-2020
One fluky play/ penalty on that final drive...we likely lose. I don't call that "game never in doubt"...sorry
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:36 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Haven’t seen Pest in awhile but we all know he pumps up those ND guys. I will say he was right about Chase Claypool. That guy is a stud
He is...Steelers have a way finding WR's.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:46 AM 11-17-2020
Big Rape is taking a beating this season.

Let’s see if he’s still standing and effective come playoff time.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:54 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Rausch:
We got our Montana again too...
Don't disrespect Patrick like that.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
One fluky play/ penalty on that final drive...we likely lose. I don't call that "game never in doubt"...sorry
And a 70 yard FG . . .

Heh, well you're of course welcome to your opinion.:-)

But that's kind of what I'm talking about; it took a herculean effort by CAR, several incredible plays, and over-playing CMC to the point of injuring him, just for CAR to be in that game at the end. Meanwhile the Chiefs never played at their highest level. And yet another new OL line up to overcome.

But I never had the feeling that the Chiefs were losing control of the game or were in real danger of losing it. Which is just my opinion, just as you have yours, but there it is.

But let's just entertain the hypothetical that CAR was legitimately competitive. So what? Out of 9 games, the Chiefs have held their opponents to 20 points or less 6 times. In fact, of those 6 games, they've done better than that; they've held their opponents to an average of about 13 points in four of those 6 games (it's actually worse than that; HOU and BAL scored points on STs or garbage time, so offensively they really only scored 13 points in those games).

Looking ahead, there are really only 2-3 games that should be competitive (assuming no significant injuries/COVID/outright lockerroom collapse), and I'm still not sure LVR is really that close to the Chiefs. But 4-5 of the remaining games should be dominated by KC.

Considering we're at 8-1, I think only having 2-3 games to really worry about is pretty incredible.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:39 PM 11-17-2020
Team rankings in various categories:

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:42 PM 11-17-2020
It wasn't really a fluke. Honestly, if Chris Jones hadn't have been committing penalties, it may have never been that close at the end.

That game was really never in doubt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:43 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
What exactly is difficult to understand?

Game thread: "You're all a bunch of pussies--there's nothing to be concerned about."

Postgame: "Pump the brakes, guys...we struggled with Carolina!"
Well, I'm one of the most vocal people in the game threads as far as telling people to calm down.

And I'm one of the people here telling people to calm down.

So your example doesn't apply to me. I'm struggling to understand who it DOES apply to, actually.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:53 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, I'm one of the most vocal people in the game threads as far as telling people to calm down.

And I'm one of the people here telling people to calm down.

So your example doesn't apply to me. I'm struggling to understand who it DOES apply to, actually.
Yeah, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who gives people a hard time in the GDTs and then immediately contradicts themselves.

After a close game, those who were complaining in the GDT keep saying people continue pretending nothing is wrong... while those complaining about the complainers talk about how close games happen and they're not going to blowout every team by 6 TDs, etc. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:54 PM 11-17-2020
It wasn't really a fluke. Honestly, if Chris Jones hadn't have been committing penalties, it may have never been that close at the end.

That game was really never in doubt.
We were 1 bad play away from losing. I guess Buffalo thought their game was "never in doubt" too...

Yeah that FG had no chance but a bad penalty or something happens right before it and we lose. Yes hypothetical, but hardly "never in doubt"
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:58 PM 11-17-2020
We were 1 bad play away from losing. I guess Buffalo thought their game was "never in doubt" too...

Yeah that FG had no chance but a bad penalty or something happens right before it and we lose. Yes hypothetical, but hardly "never in doubt"
Literally everything had gone right for Carolina up to that point. The way they managed to just stay close wasn't sustainable. They weren't going to score on that last drive, they'd already used up pretty much everything they had.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:06 PM 11-17-2020
Literally everything had gone right for Carolina up to that point. The way they managed to just stay close wasn't sustainable. They weren't going to score on that last drive, they'd already used up pretty much everything they had.
They busted out their 3 best plays of the year on 1 drive, I seriously bet all 3 of those are on their top 5 season highlights package.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:45 PM 11-17-2020
The whole point is, it's absolute lunacy to think the conference is at hand already. Regardless Chiefs are the best team in football.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:53 PM 11-17-2020
The whole point is, it's absolute lunacy to think the conference is at hand already. Regardless Chiefs are the best team in football.
Well to be fair, the OP is "just the Steelers".

Right now, it definitely appears that the only competition for the #1 seed is the Steelers. Every other team has some glaring flaws and despite the fact that the Steelers aren't perfect, their schedule is Swiss cheese.

So to a certain extent, the competition for the #1 seed is Pittsburgh. I don't see any other team competing for that spot at this point. But anything can happen.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:56 PM 11-17-2020
It's the NFL. It's not "just" anybody.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 162
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up