ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 207
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
spanky 52 05:26 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Those 2 bottles of Weller’s are so underrated. So so so good!
Amen.
[Reply]
ping2000 05:59 AM 10-25-2017
Our defense are big bourbon drinkers on game days.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:01 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by ping2000:
Our defense are big bourbon drinkers on game days.
Especially at half-time. Pretty sure they see who can take the most shots before they have to go back on the field.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:32 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm gonna continue to rep bourbon even if no one reads it. Got all my bottles out to see what I had today and "re-arrange" the bottles my MIL has access to when she's coming to visit this week. Not my good shit bitch!

Contrary to popular belief, I only have a few drinks on the weekend. But I acquire bottles when I can because good bourbon bottles in AZ are scarce so when you get a chance to buy, you jump on it.

All of them

The GOOD stuff. The Old Weller Antique is so very good. Hard access in AZ but easier to find in CA and great for $40 (buy yourself a bottle). That middle 4 roses was a private barrel pick and barrel strength.

Booker's in the back. The doublewood is a scotch.

Elijah Craig is a great starter bourbon if you want something relatively inexpensive that's got a great bourbon taste. If you can find the 2005 Evan Williams Single Barrel it's a can't miss year. I use the Bulleit Rye for a lot of bourbon heavy cocktails as rye whiskey has more finish, which is a nice effect for many cocktails when you still want to taste the bourbon but don't plan on drinking it neat.

As you can see, I have some drinking to do!
No Blanton's? That needs to be added to your collection ASAP. It will immediately top all of the other bottles you have, based on what I see in those pictures.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:35 AM 10-25-2017
I head to Lexington on Friday morning. My wife and I, as well as some friends, are doing the Bourbon Trail this weekend as part of my 50th BD present. Looking forward to it.:-)
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:42 AM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I head to Lexington on Friday morning. My wife and I, as well as some friends, are doing the Bourbon Trail this weekend as part of my 50th BD present. Looking forward to it.:-)
Very nice. If possible, I'd enjoy reading about your experience in this thread. It's something my wife and I would like to do in the next couple of years.
[Reply]
Bewbies 10:44 AM 10-25-2017
Grab some Buffalo Trace bourbon cream. And have fun!
[Reply]
TimBone 11:25 AM 10-25-2017
What can you bourbon guys tell me about this bottle? Is it good quality?

[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:49 PM 10-25-2017
I did it a few years ago and really had a great time. Which distilleries are you hitting? (I am assuming not all of them since it would be over a dozen.)

Originally Posted by TimBone:
What can you bourbon guys tell me about this bottle? Is it good quality?
I haven't had it, but it's supposed to be pretty good. They use a high rye mash bill so it will be on the spicier end of the bourbon spectrum. I'd love to hear your thoughts once you get into it.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:03 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Very nice. If possible, I'd enjoy reading about your experience in this thread. It's something my wife and I would like to do in the next couple of years.
Absolutely.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:07 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I did it a few years ago and really had a great time. Which distilleries are you hitting? (I am assuming not all of them since it would be over a dozen.)
Probably 4 of them. Makers, Limestone Branch Distillery, Woodford and Four Roses
[Reply]
srvy 02:03 PM 10-25-2017
Have you had the chance to try Rowans Creek? I really like it and its priced so reasonable best finish ive had so far.

The Russels 10 looks like it took a pretty good hit, I like it also very well.
[Reply]
srvy 02:10 PM 10-25-2017
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
No Blanton's? That needs to be added to your collection ASAP. It will immediately top all of the other bottles you have, based on what I see in those pictures.
Everyone has their own preference and at the 60 dollar price range I find Blantons a bit boring. I have many bourbons inside 30 bucks I like better. Russels 10 and the Even Williams Vintage right in that Pic. The Wellers in that pic at slightly over 30 bucks I take over Blantons. But thats just me YMMV.
[Reply]
srvy 02:15 PM 10-25-2017
Have you got into the Bookers? I like it a lot but not its price hike to 70 dollars last year could be had inside of 40 and occasionally discounted to 36.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:32 PM 10-25-2017
n00b question: what does "private barrel pick" and "barrel strength" mean? I know I've seen stores with the private barrel pick bottles, but how does it differentiate from the normal stock in regards to quality and price?

I've got an embarrassing amount of reward points at my neighborhood shop so I'm thinking of using them to pick up a couple bottles.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 207
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up