ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 162
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:21 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They will struggle with any team that has a legit passer. Allen, and Rivers will feast
If Baker could just not completely suck fucking dick, the Browns would have a shot too. They should be able to run the football against anybody.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 12-03-2020
They will struggle with any team that has a legit passer. Allen, and Rivers will feast
Rivers will shit the bed the way he always does. The Colts are bigger paper tigers than the Steelers are.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:28 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're not going to lose to the WFT. They can't generate any offense.

They already DESTROYED Cleveland. It's Cleveland and it's Pittsburgh. Cleveland is not winning that game.

Which leaves Buffalo and Indy. Indy has Rivers. Buffalo is the only real chance at a loss. Just being realistic.
Agree. Buffalo is the best possible loss. I think the Bills will be up for that game as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:45 PM 12-03-2020
I just don't see it.

Despite their record, Cleveland is Cleveland. Plus it's Pittsburgh. They're going to pound the Browns like they always do.

The best teams left are the Bills and the Colts. The Bills are erratic and I'm not sure Josh Allen can beat that defense.

The Colts have Rivers. Nuff said.
I didn't say likely, just possible.

Look at the boxscore for the CLE game, just for example, and keep in mind who was playing in that game vs. who will be when they meet again.

CLE turned the ball over three times, including a pick-6.

Out of 9 possible scoring possessions (2 poss. were to end the half) PIT punted 5 times. Of the remaining 4 TDs drives twice they had short fields under 40 yards (one for 9 plays/28 yds).

Both Connor on offense and Dupree on defense were primary contributors. Connor ran for over 100 on 20 carries, and Dupree registered 2 sacks, two TFLs and two QB hits.

CLE ran for less than 76 yards, and Baker had a terrible day passing.

But in their rematch, neither Connor nor Dupree will be playing.

If, and it's not a small "if," Baker can take better care of the ball, which is possible with Dupree not harassing him, and "if" CLE can not fumble, and they can get their running game going, and they can continue their current model of efficiency of about 50%/possession, they have a chance.

Not a great chance, but they could trade TDs and FGs with PIT at that point, because PIT is just barely more efficient (over the season) than CLE.

Ditto WSH. If they can protect the ball, they could trade scores with PIT.

BUF could just simply score at a much higher efficiency than PIT and win it going away.

But the Steelers MO this season is to start games painfully slow, even fall behind against poor teams, and then have to make a comeback late. Usually this is aided by the other team, led by a 2nd- or 3rd-string QB (4th in the case of DAL), doing scrub-level things.

But Alex will take care of the ball, and Josh Allen has been much better about that this season. Rivers, so long as he has a lead, can take care of the ball.

Stefanski can call plays to limit Baker's tendency to turn it over, simply by running the crap out of the ball with the best RB combo in the league.

Every one of those games could be a coin flip is all I'm saying.

P.S. for the sake of honesty, PIT likes playing man, and Josh isn't great against man.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:52 PM 12-03-2020
I would agree Clevland could but probably wont, but i just dont see the redskins doing it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:52 PM 12-03-2020
I don’t think we can evaluate what Pittsburgh is going to be in these coming weeks until we see what the loss of Dupree looks like.

They’re a defense first football team that’s biggest strength is rushing the passer. Specifically with their edge rushers. And they just lost one for the whole season. That’s a big freakin’ deal.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:53 PM 12-03-2020
Ah F it. Let Pitt get home field. This team knows how to climb. Look at last year's playoffs and SB.

We will crush them on their turf on our way to another SB.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:54 PM 12-03-2020
Hot take. A healthy Ravens team would have packed their shit in good in the rematch
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:54 PM 12-03-2020
I would love banishing Ben to the shadow realm in Pitt.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:03 PM 12-03-2020
Hot take. A healthy Ravens team would have packed their shit in good in the rematch
Not a hot take at all.

The Ravens out gained the Steelers 457-221 in the first meeting. The Ravens ran for 265 and averaged 5.6 yards per carry.

The Ravens dominated...buuutttt they also had 4 turnovers and 9 penalties for 110 yards.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:08 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If Baker could just not completely suck ****ing dick, the Browns would have a shot too. They should be able to run the football against anybody.
Impossible, which sucks for them cause they have a pretty solid team other than him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:12 PM 12-03-2020
Subtract the pick-6, or the INT on their own 23-yd line that led to a PIT TD, and BAL wins by 3. In spite of Lamar basically shitting the bed in every other respect. In fact, BAL was winning that game by 10 at the half, PIT scored nothing in the 1st half offensively. And didn't have a real drive that ended in points until their 7th drive of the game.

Otherwise, their possessions went:

FUMBLE

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

PUNT

INT (rz), 2 plays for TD.

Then finally PIT drives 77 yds for a TD in the 3rd Q, to cut the lead to a single score.

Against a defense the Chiefs regularly score over 30 against, and score an average of 6 out of 9 possessions.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:14 PM 12-03-2020
A healthy Ravens team turned the ball over 4 times and lost to the Steelers.

People need to stop saying it. They played them twice, they lost twice. The first time was at full strength and Lamar Jackson shit the bed, like he does in big games.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 12-03-2020
Again, Pittsburgh doesn't worry me against the Chiefs.

But they're going to get the #1 seed.

Nobody on that schedule is LIKELY to beat them.

Cleveland is Cleveland. Indy is Rivers. The best bet is Buffalo but even they are fighting an uphill battle.

Of course, the loss of Dupree could cause them to collapse but I wouldn't bet on it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:19 PM 12-03-2020
A healthy Ravens team turned the ball over 4 times and lost to the Steelers.

People need to stop saying it. They played them twice, they lost twice. The first time was at full strength and Lamar Jackson shit the bed, like he does in big games.
And yet, BAL had a 10 point lead for more than half the game . . .
[Reply]
Page 67 of 162
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Up