ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Burrow: Bengals built to beat the Chiefs
SHOWTIME 09:08 AM 04-15-2024

Joe Burrow: I think Bengals are built to beat the Chiefs. https://t.co/7HdK98HF5N

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) April 15, 2024

[Reply]
Spott 12:03 PM 04-15-2024
Never heard hear of her.
[Reply]
carcosa 12:11 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
for some reason i thought he tore is ACL. my bad.
He did tear and have surgery on a ligament, but it's in his wrist, not his knee.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:14 PM 04-15-2024
I'm guess I'm not understanding why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over this?

I mean, if you are in the AFC, and your goal is to get to the Super Bowl, you're going to have to get through KC every fucking year. This have been proven out in the playoffs every year Mahomes has been the starter.

So if you're an AFC team and you're NOT trying to build your team to 'beat KC' then I would seriously question the intelligence of your front office and your coaching staff.

The Chiefs ARE the standard and EVERY team should be trying to figure out a way to get by that, regardless of whether you're a 'contender' like the Bengals or some poor schlep like the Broncos, for instance.

I'm just not really seeing the harm in his comment. :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 12:19 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Their roster gets worse every year. They missed their windows choking against Stat Padford
Yeah at this point the only thing they're "built" for is to cling on as long as possible.
Ask the Bills how that worked out?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:24 PM 04-15-2024
built to beat the chiefs

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:25 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
I don't see why this is controversial or why people are taking offense at it. The Colts were built to beat the Patriots. They didn't do it terribly often but that's how they were built. So were the Steelers. So were the Chiefs after Andy got here.

Why? Because at the time, the Patriots were the top team in the AFC and the NFL. If your goal is to win it all, you build your team to take out the top. Now, the Chiefs are the top.

The Bengals have had various degrees of success. In the regular season they tend to do better than in the playoffs, although they've been successful one year. But I have no doubt that when the Bengals' front office looks at their draft needs, a major consideration is which players will put them in a better position to beat KC. If they're deciding between 2 players and they are otherwise equal, I expect the Bengals to pick the player that they think will better help them beat the Chiefs. Why? Because the Chiefs are the top and are going to be the most likely obstacle between the Bengals, or any other team, and a Lombardi trophy.
yeah KC has been to a championship game every year Mahomes has started. if you want to win a SB you have to beat the Chiefs. like is he supposed to tell the truth and be like "well IDK if we can win if Mahomes is on the field lol" Bengals fans would tear him apart (for good reason)

they might beat us during the regular season, but who cares lol
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:28 PM 04-15-2024
This is the homeless looking guy who was on stage with the Kelce’s in Cincy?

[Reply]
RealSNR 12:56 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Bro, you’re being way too sensitive about this shit.

“IF WE HAD TO PICK ONE TEAM”

Nobody is saying they’re beating us. We’re speaking hypothetically here.

“We’re built to beat the Chiefs.”

Me: “In what way are they built to beat the Chiefs?”

You: “You’re being way too sensitive.”

Okay. Whatever. Keep not answering the question I guess. You do you.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:00 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I'm guess I'm not understanding why everyone is getting their panties in a wad over this?

I mean, if you are in the AFC, and your goal is to get to the Super Bowl, you're going to have to get through KC every fucking year. This have been proven out in the playoffs every year Mahomes has been the starter.

So if you're an AFC team and you're NOT trying to build your team to 'beat KC' then I would seriously question the intelligence of your front office and your coaching staff.

The Chiefs ARE the standard and EVERY team should be trying to figure out a way to get by that, regardless of whether you're a 'contender' like the Bengals or some poor schlep like the Broncos, for instance.

I'm just not really seeing the harm in his comment. :-)

Because it’s a stupid word choice.

The Bengals aren’t actually building their team to intentionally match up with us. And if they are, they’re constructed to beat the Chiefs with Tyreek, not this iteration that has done nothing but win rings each year.

Maybe they should also focus on being built to beat the fucking Rams. That would help get them a SB
[Reply]
staylor26 01:22 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Because it’s a stupid word choice.

The Bengals aren’t actually building their team to intentionally match up with us. And if they are, they’re constructed to beat the Chiefs with Tyreek, not this iteration that has done nothing but win rings each year.

Maybe they should also focus on being built to beat the fucking Rams. That would help get them a SB
Exactly.

It's their way of saying "Yea, the Chiefs are on top, but we have their number!".

In other words, still clinging to a few regular season wins and that one AFCCG, when we've beat them in another and won 2 SBs since.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:24 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly.

It's their way of saying "Yea, the Chiefs are on top, but we have their number!".

In other words, still clinging to a few regular season wins and that one AFCCG, when we've beat them in another and won 2 SBs since.
That one doesn't even count, they needed refball the entire game to win. That KR for a TD right before the half still blows my mind. Game was over at that point and the refs knew it.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:25 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Allen has three straight regular season wins over Pat. How's that working out for him?...
[Reply]
TEX 01:47 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
That one doesn't even count, they needed refball the entire game to win. That KR for a TD right before the half still blows my mind. Game was over at that point and the refs knew it.
That was fucking egregious.... And ref ball at the very end setting them up for the winning field goal.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:52 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Yeah at this point the only thing they're "built" for is to cling on as long as possible.
Ask the Bills how that worked out?
They’re a little better built long term. Unlike buffalo I think they’re building for the long haul and being smart about where to throw their money, where buffalo spent a few years out of desperation.

It goes without saying that they didn’t finish the job at their peak and it’s only gonna go downhill from here. But I think they’re very well positioned to be a competitive team. Good - I love the rivalry especially since we’re the better team and we’ve already gone through reinventing ourselves where cincy is just getting started.
[Reply]
Wallymo 01:58 PM 04-15-2024
NO ONE BELIEVES IN US!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 8
< 1234 5678 >
Up